A Super Great Suggestion
If you can convince the rights holders to let you distribute their titles without DRM using a method they have no control over, that alone will get you God status.

Your idea is crazy only because copyright is crazy.
(May 10, 2020, 21:14 pm)Moe Wrote: If you can convince the rights holders to let you distribute their titles without DRM using a method they have no control over, that alone will get you God status.

Your idea is crazy only because copyright is crazy.
Money is their God.
They will do anything for it.

I suspect this has already taken place with one torrent site.
If not I wager someone will read this and cope my idea and do it.

Anyway Moe I am too old and already rich so I will pass on it.
I will leave you with this little ditty...

And it's 1 ,2 ,3 4,
what are we fightn for
my next stop is Vietnam
and I don't give a damn?
And it's 5,6,7,8
open up them pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why
whoopie
we all are going to die.

That's all folks.

Do you have eyes to see and ears to hear?
If you do then you hear me and see what I am saying to you.
If you don't then it will not matter to you anyway.

It's all about the Benjamin's.
(May 10, 2020, 02:58 am)QiikSand Wrote: Pay the uploaders.

(May 10, 2020, 18:13 pm)LZA Wrote: Under that thinking, they should pay downloaders too!!!

Both are ideas. Many sites offer download links to thousands of copyrighted material (music, games, books, etc). But as you said it yourself, you're new on this and doesn't know much, so read threads about piracy's social, legal, financial and technical stuff. You'll need a lot more than just a few thousand dollars just to get started... better call Saul! And remember, if things go south you can go Africa.
You know, QiikSand's idea works!

We should pay Qiiksand for presenting the idea!

The TPB staff gave him Administrator status, which is what they owe him for making that stuff up.

The original content maker? They owe him for the novel idea as well; at least it gives them the free press, if not royalties. Paying them would be perverse.

And they should pay me for suggesting that idea and defending QiikSand's stance.

In conclusion, we can pay the people who don't agree to this to say nothing about it... wait, that would be reverse... oh no, my mind is starting to buckle... back to square one.
(Jun 24, 2020, 19:50 pm)RobertX Wrote: You know, QiikSand's idea works!

We should pay Qiiksand for presenting the idea!

The TPB staff gave him Administrator status, which is what they owe him for making that stuff up.

The original content maker? They owe him for the novel idea as well; at least it gives them the free press, if not royalties. Paying them would be perverse.

And they should pay me for suggesting that idea and defending QiikSand's stance.

In conclusion, we can pay the people who don't agree to this to say nothing about it... wait, that would be reverse... oh no, my mind is starting to buckle... back to square one.
I am an EXCELLENT Uploader on TPB Please Give me My Trusted/Vip Status.
FYI: there is a blurb in the FAQ about this.

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-ThePira...l-See-Here

Quote:So, how to move up in ranks? First and foremost,

DO NOT ASK. Don't ask to be promoted, don't ask for specific criteria we use, don't ask for another user to be promoted, don't ask what the consequence is for asking! We don't give skulls to people who ask for them.

It's also stated here:

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-FAQs-Fr...-Questions

Quote:g. Can I have a pink skull?
Can I have a green skull?

Don't ask - applications are not accepted and will reduce your chances. Just carry on uploading quality torrents and one day your skull will come.
The fact that you have asked multiple times *and IMHO, abrasively and rude, pretty much ensures that that war you speak of will destroy this site before you get a skull.

Sorry bro, should have read the FAQs first.
(Jun 30, 2020, 12:26 pm)LZA Wrote: FYI: there is a blurb in the FAQ about this.

DO NOT ASK. Don't ask to be promoted, don't ask for specific criteria we use, don't ask for another user to be promoted, don't ask what the consequence is for asking! We don't give skulls to people who ask for them.

It's also stated here:

Don't ask - applications are not accepted and will reduce your chances. Just carry on uploading quality torrents and one day your skull will come.
The fact that you have asked multiple times *and IMHO, abrasively and rude, pretty much ensures that that war you speak of will destroy this site before you get a skull.

I will not use you for a reference.  I can get on my own merit.
Well, good luck to you then. I'm trying to let you know that just by repeatedly asking, you have severely cut your chances down.

I don't think my (or any paticular) reference matters. I;m sure they have a list of metrics to go by in determining who and how a skull is given.
(Jun 30, 2020, 12:26 pm)LZA Wrote: FYI: there is a blurb in the FAQ about this.

It's also stated here:

So then I have nothing to lose whenever I ask them again.

(Jun 30, 2020, 13:14 pm)LZA Wrote: Well, good luck to you then. I'm trying to let you know that just by repeatedly asking, you have severely cut your chances down.

I don't think my (or any paticular) reference matters. I;m sure they have a list of metrics to go by in determining who and how a skull is given.
Is that what happened to you?

(May 10, 2020, 17:36 pm)Moe Wrote: Next you will be wanting to copyright your torrents so no one else can upload them to other sites.
Nah because I steal everyone else's and then upload them and claim they are mine.

Im a pirate.  And a pirate steals his booty and resales it.
Didn't you watch Black Sails?

And I only steal the very best torrents of excellent quality.
I think neither of you should get paid. That's why I use an Adblocker. Stealing is a crime and I will not support it financially.

The only thing I get from your theft is to watch it for free because it is legal to watch it in my country.

I think Netflix had the best idea and that's why it is so rich actually. Make the illegal legal for a small price.

If you want to follow this analogy:
The guy who uploads the movies online at netflix is getting paid, as the owners of Netflix as everybody helping to run the servers and the content. And they are getting this money from the subscriptions.

At TPB owners get paid and uploaders don't. They get their money from advertising on their site.

So the difference is that Netflix pays the content creator too. TBP doesn't. And that's what makes it illegal.
Let me finish with a suggestion that would be interesting.

TPB should start paying the creators and pay the uploaders too. So they could legally make money and advertise. It would be like a free Netflix with Ads instead. This would bring TPB to a new scale.

This post made me laugh a lot Big Grin have a nice day everybody and don't let anything get you out of your peace Wink

Be well

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion, Perhaps a Commenter account and Uploader account Medbay 6 29,052 Nov 09, 2021, 03:52 am
Last Post: TheMountainGoat
  Make Piratebay Great Again NanoSurface 11 33,078 Apr 07, 2021, 09:19 am
Last Post: dueda
  Suggestion: Bring Back The Comments on TPB? david1893 10 33,096 Aug 03, 2020, 22:57 pm
Last Post: andromakennethamblesorten
  SuprBay: Small Suggestion floki 7 26,532 Apr 05, 2017, 14:44 pm
Last Post: floki
  suggestion: add automatic referrer blocker ejonessss 4 19,114 Mar 02, 2016, 13:33 pm
Last Post: ejonessss