80s MUSIC

One of the best ALL TIME bands, not just the 80s...

Literally just played Pac-Man lmao!
Icehouse - No Promises

Kajagoogoo - Hang On Now

Happy Easter!

For all those who acknowledged Easter on April 21, I send my regards and best wishes. We continue on celebrating the Easter season as the day is honored in the realm of Eastern Orthodox Christianity today, April 28.

[Image: Pe5O7iEp_o.jpg]

In Memory of Mark Hollis

January 4, 1955 - February 25, 2019

[Image: VbOxpcu5_o.jpg]

Mark David Hollis was an English musician and singer-songwriter. He achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the 1980s and 1990s as the co-founder, lead singer and principal songwriter of the band Talk Talk. Hollis wrote or co-wrote most of Talk Talk's music—including hits like "It's My Life" and "Life's What You Make It"—and in later works developed an experimental, contemplative style.

Beginning in 1981 as a synth-pop group with a New Romantic image, Talk Talk's sound became increasingly adventurous under Hollis's direction. For their third album, The Colour of Spring (1986), Talk Talk adopted an art pop sound that won critical and commercial favour; it remains their biggest commercial success. The band's final two albums, Spirit of Eden (1988) and Laughing Stock (1991), were radical departures from their early work, taking influence from jazz, folk, classical and experimental music. While they were commercial failures in their own time, these albums have come to be seen as early landmarks of post-rock music.

After Talk Talk disbanded in 1992, Hollis returned to music in 1998 with a self-titled solo album, which continued the direction of Talk Talk's sound but in a more minimal, spare, acoustic style. Following the release of his only solo album, Hollis largely retired from the recording industry.

Talk Talk

The Party's Over

This Recording Released:

[Image: SmtlfQ4I_o.jpg]

[Image: IQMZhX9i_o.jpg]

[Image: akTvQFfE_o.jpg]

[Image: TkcLySqw_o.jpg]

[Image: SjX2GYRU_o.jpg]

[Image: VI2uqvic_o.jpg]

1. Talk Talk

2. It's So Serious

3. Today

4. The Party's Over

5. Hate

6. Have You Heard The News?

7. Mirror Man

8. Another Word

9. Candy

Rarely Heard Indie Rock and New Wave:

A House - Call Me Blue

The Painted Word - I Found Love Today

Simiple Minds - Speed Your Love To Me

General Public - Tenderness

Rarely Heard Pop Rock and Synth-pop:

Red Guitars - National Avenue (Sunday Afternoon)

Episode I - Brotherhood

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Cities In Dust

The Mission - Wasteland

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,281 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,652 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,033 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,749 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence