3x commentaries "TBA" at Wiki: Solo, Ready Player One, Stranger Things
excellent news! i was just doing some research for another post and saw rifftrax has 3x "TBA" mp3 commentaries / just the jokes planned. i can't wait!

Official RiffTrax Commentaries with MKB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RiffTrax

20180504 Star Wars: The Last Jedi
NEW--TBA Solo: A Star Wars Story 135min
NEW--TBA Ready Player One 140min
NEW--TBA Stranger Things s01e01 47min
These were all part of the 2018 Kickstarter campaign. I think they were all stretch goals that were hit. But yeah, I'm looking forward to all 3.
I'm upset I watched 'Ready Player One' already because I don't know if I have the strength to watch it again, even with RiffTrax. I know a lot of people enjoyed it but...it's a (bad) children's movie marketed at adults.
Ha. I skipped both Ready Player One and Solo because they both looked like they would be better riffed. Have both, but still waiting for the riffs.
I’m in the same boat on Solo. Finally watched it and really don’t feel up to sitting through it again. Actually, it’s the same for Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Are those riffs worth it?
(Oct 11, 2018, 20:55 pm)IllI1lIlI1l Wrote: I’m in the same boat on Solo. Finally watched it and really don’t feel up to sitting through it again. Actually, it’s the same for Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Are those riffs worth it?

I've rewatched the Force Awakens riff about a dozen times already, probably, if that helps any. With each new Star Wars they seem to be getting more and more apt to just flame the entire star wars universe, kinda like how Transformers was godawful shit, but compared to Transformers 3 it was fucking Citizen Kane, and the riffs really let you know it.
(Oct 11, 2018, 19:31 pm)Riffling Wrote: I'm upset I watched 'Ready Player One' already because I don't know if I have the strength to watch it again, even with RiffTrax. I know a lot of people enjoyed it but...it's a (bad) children's movie marketed at adults.

I read the book to follow along with Mike and Conor's podcast. I knew better than to watch that movie if I didn't have to.

And, if it's anything like the book, it isn't for children... It's for nostalgia junkies in an arrested state of adolescence who think that mentions of things they liked as an 80s child are a substitute for an actual plot. And yet, somehow, it looked from the trailer like the movie had even less plot and more references for no reason.
(Oct 12, 2018, 01:29 am)BadFilms Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2018, 19:31 pm)Riffling Wrote: I'm upset I watched 'Ready Player One' already because I don't know if I have the strength to watch it again, even with RiffTrax. I know a lot of people enjoyed it but...it's a (bad) children's movie marketed at adults.

I read the book to follow along with Mike and Conor's podcast. I knew better than to watch that movie if I didn't have to.

And, if it's anything like the book, it isn't for children... It's for nostalgia junkies in an arrested state of adolescence who think that mentions of things they liked as an 80s child are a substitute for an actual plot. And yet, somehow, it looked from the trailer like the movie had even less plot and more references for no reason.

I didn't make it to the end of the opening narration......
(Oct 12, 2018, 01:29 am)BadFilms Wrote:

I didnt read the book, but barely made it through the movie.  "mentions of things they liked as an 80s child are a substitute for an actual plot" summerizes the movie quit well. Add mediocre acting and middiling FX on top and the ballpark will be yours. It is a Stephen King trope come to life.

Cant quite bring myself to watch Solo yet, even though I have had it kicking around for awhile. Im sure the riff would force me to watch it. Im a big Star Wars fan but olos previews were just awful.
My wife loves the Transformer riffs, so sometimes an awful movie can be saved by the riffs. At least in the eyes of some Angel . For me I love Manos and Carnival of souls even without the riffs.
I say keep waiting for them to riff it. Solo was like an uneventful morning bowel movement. More or less satisfactory at the time, but you hopefully don’t want to give it too much thought afterwards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Request) JaboodyShow Movie Dub Commentaries whomybabydaddy 1,153 623,475 9 hours ago
Last Post: JabootyBot
  Mr. Sunday Movies/Weekly Planet Commentaries tripletap006 35 17,790 Mar 25, 2024, 23:14 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  We Hate Movies commentaries waterloowatts 234 255,365 Mar 18, 2024, 22:43 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) 2160p.BR.x265.10bit-Handy (15 GB) Handy 1 3,564 Jul 30, 2023, 14:51 pm
Last Post: jhs39
  bsg4you MP3 Commentaries / Just The Jokes plus MST3K, Film Crew, Cinematic Titanic bsg4you 12 28,730 Jun 03, 2023, 22:40 pm
Last Post: bsg4you