Community Buying Site?
Does anyone know of a site that would allow someone to post a want to buy an item?

So you are looking for model x for example.

you could make a post that would say.
I am looking to buy model x
Location / site model x is on
price

Then the site would take donations to fund the purchase of model x and release it into the wilds.

Thoughts / Ideas?
Why not talk to Sid and start one here if enough people would join it.
seems like everyone is slowly leaving.

It can be done on CGPersia with the mods approval and if enough are interested in the model.
I've just made that suggestion over at ZoneGFX. It seems to have become the most popular sharing site since the demise of KAT.
....and wow!, what a lot of enthusiasm. Only one person has replied and it was a pointless and downright stupid post. It looks like this is one suggestion that'll go nowhere.
Damn.
I post this idea on the forum at https://zonegfx.com/ They are thinking about it and would like so more feedback. So if you like this idea please go there and let your voice be heard.
It's not a bad idea. It's just, this kind of content is pretty niche. Which is why the loss of a single site (KAT) devastated the scene.

Quote:I've just made that suggestion over at ZoneGFX. It seems to have become the most popular sharing site since the demise of KAT.

Not with me. I've been using Skyback.ru, and even checking every upload against my already massive DS/Poser content collection, I can still barely keep up with downloading just the stuff that's new to me. I'll have to check it out now, though, since I can't get Skyback to load today. First time that's ever happened.

I don't understand what the "quote" button here is supposed to do. All it does for me is add some nag text by the reply window. What am I missing?
Interesting idea, but hard to implement imho. There will be money involved, changing hands...

(Dec 31, 2016, 18:20 pm)Morlock Wrote: I don't understand what the "quote" button here is supposed to do. All it does for me is add some nag text by the reply window. What am I missing?
It's to make more than one quote. Just press the button on more than one reply, then press the text "Quote these posts now" and it'll insert all quotes in the text box.
The idea is good, but too risky for our community I guess. Unless there is a platform where similar services are provided and we all can go join that - the risk of the money trail leading back to the contributors is probably going to turn people away.
(Jan 01, 2017, 22:18 pm)bootleg Wrote: The idea is good, but too risky for our community I guess. Unless there is a platform where similar services are provided and we all can go join that - the risk of the money trail leading back to the contributors is probably going to turn people away.

Not a reflection on you guys - BUT...
We have a community that is by it's very nature is anonymous as possible and I for one would like to be sure who my money was going to before committing to such an arrangement.
(Jan 01, 2017, 22:18 pm)bootleg Wrote: The idea is good, but too risky for our community I guess. Unless there is a platform where similar services are provided and we all can go join that - the risk of the money trail leading back to the contributors is probably going to turn people away.

The hardest part would be finding a trustworthy person to collect the money. Said person could use a service like privacy.com and generate burner cards for purchases. If im not mistaken you can issue virtual cards using a pseudonym. Maybe somebody with experience with the service can chime in if im wrong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daz 3D/Poser Community Chat beaglebandit 63 134,906 Dec 21, 2016, 17:42 pm
Last Post: Kooroe
  The original site is difficult to enter through Tor ravenpost 3 16,076 Sep 09, 2016, 07:23 am
Last Post: ravenpost
  Poser jadedrealities.net site neoncrash42 0 15,734 Aug 14, 2016, 16:36 pm
Last Post: neoncrash42