windows emulator for mac
Yeah you gotta shrink an existing partition or format.
Boot camp is dual boot.

You will either need to re-partition, or used a second drive. You shouldn't need to re-format anything, but if you do, you can use Disk Utility to clone your existing partition and restore it without too much pain.
I had a MacBook and used bootcamp. As Moe said, it's just a fancy marketing gimmick by Apple for a dual boot and partition utility, but works fine.
Better to sell BootCamp™ than let people know a modern Mac runs Windows (almost) out of the box like any common PC.

About Windows, try 2003 or Seven, ME and Vista are just too buggy, 2000 is fast as hell because it's NT core, but too old (not exactly a problem); 98 won't read any USB devices unless you got it updated or have a 98 SE (Second Edition) copy. But then, old versions may have trouble running modern hardware, Apple currently doesn't make any Win98 drivers for Macs that I know of.

Have fun! I found out a good Mac runs Windows much better than any garden variety PC.
Win98, which may be the last of Win to permit direct video card access for games, needs additional software drivers for USB. Its just that I cannot remember that they are called.

NT kernels will not run Win95 era games. Perhaps there are special emulators for it? It would be under Darwine, not Wine.
If memory serves me right, I ran Hitman on W2000 using a MX400 video card, got better response than XP. But that was on a PC, not Mac.
Hey Moe, thanks for the advice! I went ahead and installed Windows 7 via Boot Camp, and Fallout is running beautifully! It was a bit of a pain to get Boot Camp to work properly as El Capitan would not allow boot up with a USB, but only with an optical drive. So getting my Mac to make bootable Windows DVD from an ISO was difficult to get info on, but in the end it turned out to be very easy to do. Thanks again guys for all the advice!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,002 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  The Foundry MODO 12.0V1 - Mac OSX -- not working jimboblend 0 3,463 Sep 30, 2023, 23:24 pm
Last Post: jimboblend
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,856 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Archicad 21 Mac by distrail - Can't be opened jompele 11 32,394 Jun 18, 2022, 14:41 pm
Last Post: Thomas
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,499 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves