qBittorrent with Tor
I haven't been able to configure Tor to use qBittorrent.  Any help would be appreciated.  As always, thank you.
Look for instructions on google about configuring magnet links for firefox.
The same should apply.
You will be changing/adding vaules in about:config.

Tor does not like to be modified, but sometimes its useful.
(Mar 29, 2020, 14:00 pm)waregim Wrote: Look for instructions on google about configuring magnet links for firefox.
The same should apply.

TY

(Mar 29, 2020, 14:08 pm)rococo Wrote:
(Mar 29, 2020, 14:00 pm)waregim Wrote: Look for instructions on google about configuring magnet links for firefox.
The same should apply.

That did not work. 
Right click on the magnet link and choose:

Copy Link Location

Then goto Qbittorent and hit the Open URL button at top left and the magnet link details are displayed in a little box.
Then you select the Download Button.

Thats it.
Thats a tedious way of doing it.....

TorBrowser generally tracks Firefox versions, and FF has been getting a helluva lot more restrictive over time, reducing user options and making huge numbers of popular addons non-functional over THEIR definition of security (Which does not match mine).

The about:config hack might not work on newer versions. I do not update my browsers unless there is a specific need.
One can hunt for an earlier browser version and install that, without permitting updates, and see it it works from there.

Or... one can use TOR directly as a proxy, and just use Firefox with it normally, as it should recognizse magnet links without problems (assuming it made the qBittorrent made the association with FF at install).
(Mar 30, 2020, 15:38 pm)waregim Wrote: Thats a tedious way of doing it.....

TorBrowser generally tracks Firefox versions, and FF has been getting a helluva lot more restrictive over time, reducing user options and making huge numbers of popular addons non-functional over THEIR definition of security (Which does not match mine).

The about:config hack might not work on newer versions. I do not update my browsers unless there is a specific need.
One can hunt for an earlier browser version and install that, without permitting updates, and see it it works from there.

Or... one can use TOR directly as a proxy, and just use Firefox with it normally, as it should recognizse magnet links without problems (assuming it made the qBittorrent made the association with FF at install).

That works and I will just stay it.  Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  qBittorrent: getting a hybrid torrent to work SectorVector 8 5,569 Jun 07, 2023, 00:34 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  TPB not working in Tor but okay in Firefox HenryCan 2 9,397 Jan 15, 2022, 08:47 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Why won't TOR connect? HenryCan 0 6,895 Jan 15, 2022, 07:34 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Tor Browser not working well in Windows 10 HenryCan 1 8,529 Dec 04, 2021, 18:32 pm
Last Post: anonemoose
  No access to TPB with TOR in Australia darry71 3 11,277 Jun 09, 2020, 07:58 am
Last Post: theSEMAR