non downloading of torrent
Recently, I have tried downloading a number of different torrents but when I click on get torrent, rather than trying to open up utorrent (as it has in the past) it is now trying to open up a different path which won't let me download. any suggestions? Thanks
If you are using the real TPB site, get a better ad blocker, or start using one if you aren't.

If you are using a proxy or mirror, find a different one, or start using the actual TPB site, which is found here down in the footer.
(Jun 28, 2020, 15:32 pm)Invictorite Wrote: Recently, I have tried downloading a number of different torrents but when I click on get torrent, rather than trying to open up utorrent (as it has in the past) it is now trying to open up a different path which won't let me download. any suggestions? Thanks
Get a seed box.
How to always know what is the real TPB site? There are a lot of fake ones that are not worth our time... I am using avoidcensorship.org to access Pirate Bay, but I am not sure that they are the ones that really work properly. They claim that they are updating the list and making sure that the proxies work. I did not have any problems with it so far, but it would be nice to know if that list is real. If I just search for thepiratebay it does not work properly. It might be a problem with my PC or something like that.
(Sep 14, 2020, 16:41 pm)PiE23 Wrote: How to always know what is the real TPB site?

Scroll to the bottom of this page or look on the TPB Status page. Both are always updated with the correct addresses.

Anything else is not operated by or affiliated with TPB.
I'm using thepiratebay.org . . . when I click on a magnet, nothing happens. it used to ask me what app I wanted to invoke. Now, nothing happens.
(Sep 15, 2020, 23:04 pm)wrdennig Wrote: I'm using thepiratebay.org . . . when I click on a magnet, nothing happens. it used to ask me what app I wanted to invoke.  Now, nothing happens.

How magnet links are handled is determined by your browser and OS configuration. You can look for guides on how to configure them to send magnets to your preferred torrent client. You can also copy magnet links and open them in your torrent client directly.

The site itself plays no part.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems downloading Allang70 1 9,990 Jan 15, 2021, 11:33 am
Last Post: Moe
  Problem with downloading tpb dump files (archive) nza777 2 17,642 May 22, 2020, 20:56 pm
Last Post: Nozz
  Is it possible to hide non-English torrents? Thimbleful 1 11,077 Sep 01, 2018, 04:32 am
Last Post: Spud17
  The unwritten, non error messaged upload rules disc 3 13,038 Feb 25, 2018, 08:39 am
Last Post: paooleole
  site trying to redirect me to non-TPB site silentwolf 3 16,670 Jan 14, 2018, 21:24 pm
Last Post: contrail