You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it.
Rolleyes
[quote='politux' pid='223574' dateline='1523020757']
[quote='vonRicht' pid='223573' dateline='1523020422']
 The fault for that addiction lies inside the person.
People starts to over use a drug, because there's already something wrong inside and the drug is used as medication to get away from that feeling or feelings.
[/quote] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THIS PART IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT XXXXXXXXXX

Yeah like those people who have an injury and get an opioid prescription from their doctor and get hooked and then turn to heroin because they can't get the pills or can't afford them.

Addiction is a disease that can strike anyone. It doesn't necessarily mean they are a broken person.  Drugs hijack the reward system of our brains that normally reinforces positive behavior like eating and having sex and instead reinforce negative behaviors, like shooting speedballs.  

Of course some people are self medicating but not all.  Be careful with broad generalizations about entire populations.  Drugs are addictive, opioids are extremely addictive.

THAT IS NOT TRUE, I WAS GIVIN BY MY DOCTOR AFETR BEING IN A BAD WRECK, WHERE MY RIBS COLLAR BONE WAS ALL BROKEN PLUS A CONCUSSION FRACTURES AND HAD TO GET PULLED OUT WITH JAWS OF LIFE, BOTH OXYCOTIN AND DILUADID TO USE 3 TIMES DAILY. AFTER I HEALED AND TRIED TO JUST STOP TAKING THEM, WHICH TOOK BTW 3 MONTHS WITH TRACTION PHYSIO ETC , TO MY COMPLETE SHOCK I COULD NOT STOP TAKING THEM AND HAD TO GET HELP AND ALL I DID WAS TAKE EM HOW THE DOCTORS TOLD ME ,PLUS DOCTORS AS THIS WAS BACK A WAYS THE DOCTOTRS WERE ACTUALLY STILL TELLLING PEOPLE ALL OVER AMERICA THAT OXYCOTIN WAS TOTALLY NON ADDICTIVE BTW ABOUT 700,000 PEOPLE AND MYSELF ARE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THE DRUG COMPANY FOR PUTTING OUT THAT HORSE SHIT LITERATURE BACK IN THE DAY TO DOCTORS ALL OVER
[quote='Sid' pid='223697' dateline='1523084629']
Rolleyes
[/quote]

politux Wrote:
[quote='vonRicht' pid='223573' dateline='1523020422']
The fault for that addiction lies inside the person.
People starts to over use a drug, because there's already something wrong inside and the drug is used as medication to get away from that feeling or feelings. xxxxxxxxxxxxxTOTALLY INCORRECT XXXXXXXXXX I WAS GIVIN BY MY DOCTOR AFETR BEING IN A BAD WRECK, WHERE MY RIBS COLLAR BONE WAS ALL BROKEN PLUS A CONCUSSION FRACTURES AND HAD TO GET PULLED OUT WITH JAWS OF LIFE, BOTH OXYCOTIN AND DILUADID TO USE 3 TIMES DAILY. AFTER I HEALED AND TRIED TO JUST STOP TAKING THEM, WHICH TOOK BTW 3 MONTHS WITH TRACTION PHYSIO ETC , TO MY COMPLETE SHOCK I COULD NOT STOP TAKING THEM AND HAD TO GET HELP AND ALL I DID WAS TAKE EM HOW THE DOCTORS TOLD ME ,PLUS DOCTORS AS THIS WAS BACK A WAYS THE DOCTOTRS WERE ACTUALLY STILL TELLLING PEOPLE ALL OVER AMERICA THAT OXYCOTIN WAS TOTALLY NON ADDICTIVE BTW ABOUT 700,000 PEOPLE AND MYSELF ARE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THE DRUG COMPANY FOR PUTTING OUT THAT HORSE SHIT LITERATURE BACK IN THE DAY TO DOCTORS ALL OVER
I wouldn't say that anything is correct or incorrect. People are dynamic and there can be many different factors for a person's particular circumstances that can cause them to be addicted or not.

There can be many different instances for different people, and they can all be true and existing at the same time. That's why people fall into it I think... You see the basic set of circumstances for an addicted person and say "my life ain't like that, that'll never happen to me" , not knowing addiction can get you and infinite number of different ways.

The part you claim is completely incorrect, is really the reason why I think I fell into addiction... I too am an addict. BUT, when I had cancer, my life was in a different place... I wanted to live, and I considered myself happy and healthy. I took bottles and bottles of percocet (many more than 7-10 a week). I never got hooked... It was years later when I felt life wasn't going how I thought it should where I gave up and said fuck it... I was mentally weak and wanted the escape. All the goals I set were being realized and I still wasn't happy. When your brain/ego gets beat into submission, addiction comes in like a partner in an abusive relationship.

In reality you are not a broken person if you are an addict, but just like how an abusive partner manipulates you and makes you believe you are. That's why I thought I was broken. It's easier for me to be sober now because mentally i'm in a better place.

Then there are those with no mental issues. These people have the best of intentions and just want to blow off steam, but chemically it doesn't mix with their body and they become addicted ... I can use myself as an example again with penicillin... I took it because I was sick, unbeknownst to me I broke out in a rash and my throat started closing up.

I think here instead of trying to determine what signs to look for. I would say be self conscious and alert to you how you are reacting to it. In my experience, when you use it occasionally (like drinking) to blow off steam or relax, that's ok as long as you still remain in control of your life... If you start using it to hide or run from your life, or to ignore that your life is falling apart... that's another thing. Just use brutal honest when assessing yourself... If you find yourself making excuses for what you are doing, that should send up a red flag.
@brettsurfer

Maybe the drugs are messing up your reading comprehension skills, I was disagreeing with vonR and mocking his simplistic view of addiction.  Everything you said in your post "refuting" my post actually was making the same point I made.

@sid

So you're saying you smoke crack? I'm just gonna leave this right here:

(Apr 07, 2018, 08:32 am)politux Wrote: So you're saying you smoke crack? I'm just gonna leave this right here:

[i]"This video has protected content and can't be shown on some sites - Please go to YT.com to watch it."

No problem. I've many ad, cookie, track and script blockers. The Google-Tube-Book triad is riding like cowboys, pals, and we are the endians.
And no doubt he does it... Dodgy

Now, I can't understand why people take on some so generalizing or personal positions about waffles or sexual positions or investment portfolios.
Can see a reason when one talks about capitalism vs. communism, right wing vs. left aisley, or just about "gimme your chocolate milk, nerd".

I had many friends with drug habits and had my small share of small-time abuse.
The only ones I know of that ended good with drugs are (tremendously) wealthy hypocrites with too much power and time in their hands or the ones who passed. Can't tell about the world and each one's, can't understand either, neither care to try. Head hurts. Rolleyes [/i]
My theory is that there are two types of drug user
One is self medication and the other type is recreational ( so like parties and social events )
[Image: PpqBqfW.png]
Everything can be bad... It's not the actual thing, but the intent to use behind it. Pain killers are great when you are in pain!

It's all perspective...  
(Apr 07, 2018, 08:32 am)politux Wrote: @sid

So you're saying you smoke crack? I'm just gonna leave this right here:

I don;t think he is, actually. He's here moderating and responding to this thread. That means he's using his computer, not breaking and entering his grandmom's house in an attempt to steal/pawn her computer for more rock money$$$
(Apr 08, 2018, 23:17 pm)LZA Wrote: That means he's using his computer, not breaking and entering his grandmom's house in an attempt to steal/pawn her computer for more rock money$$$

For both a broken rockstar who can no longer bath daily on Perignon or a Miami bum roaming empty dumpsters, despair is a bitch.
Drugs just shift your focus from "I should fix or quit what is wrong" to "I need to get a fix".
ANY addictive substance hijacks the pleasure sensors in your brain. It turns your brain into being able to accomplish 1 function: fulfilling the addiction by doing whatever you need to. Any and all other issues with your life fall away (family, bills, work, safety, etc). Don;t quote me (too tired to confirm via Google), but isn't addiction (or addict), Latin for submit?  Your brain submits to the craving and your habit.

That's why (IMO) normal good human beings can commit atrocities to satisfy their habits when under normal circumstances they would never do. They can see logic, since their addiction is in front of their face, and they see nothing else.

The only difference between a rock star and a bum, is the rock star still has resources to continue their habit and hide what they are doing... It'll just take them longer to hit bottom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 1,297 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Any working YouTube downloader? stevenjones 14 23,690 Mar 03, 2024, 16:40 pm
Last Post: LZA
  Search for an AI video editor and get flooded with shit ! Ladyanne3 6 1,443 Jan 31, 2024, 21:36 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Best Place To Get 4K Movies? Also, Best Practices? How? TedDekker 5 2,166 Jan 05, 2024, 19:28 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,637 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx