Windows 8.1 Update
(Jan 13, 2014, 12:20 pm)chodu Wrote: Hi Nelly,

Thanks for the link you provided I'm registered on the my digital forum but still cannot see any option for downloading the file.

thanks for your help

Q. How-to Download the files, there is no download link ?
A. All links here are Magnets, to download the ISO, first Copy the magnet (usually in 2nd line of each codes below) and either paste it in browser (it will pick torrent client if you correctly installed) or in torrent client like utorrent (Add torrent from url --> Ctrl+U). After ISO downloaded, Check Checksums (SHA-1, MD5) of ISO with this or similar.
Thanks

I did exactly what you have said but still utorrent client I am using 3.3.2 does not show any sign of downloading, This the same issue I have been having for the last 12 months or so I cannot download any single torrent or magnet files.

there is nothing in my anti virus or firewall that is preventing it to download. I have tried Windows XP to all the way Windows 8 OS to download torrent & magnet file.

The last copy of Windows 8 was downloaded with the help of 2010Kaiser but since new registration process I haven't found Kaiser yet.

Thanks

(Jan 13, 2014, 22:30 pm)imeem Wrote: Q. How-to Download the files, there is no download link ?
A. All links here are Magnets, to download the ISO, first Copy the magnet (usually in 2nd line of each codes below) and either paste it in browser (it will pick torrent client if you correctly installed) or in torrent client like utorrent (Add torrent from url --> Ctrl+U). After ISO downloaded, Check Checksums (SHA-1, MD5) of ISO with this or similar.
Go to the site below and copy whichever versions magnet link you want of Win8 into the Paste Magnet Link Here search bar.

http://magnet2torrent.com/

The torrent you want will start downloading.

N.B the magnet link is everything from the m of magnet to the final number.
when doing a in-place upgrade, what files will I lose or do i get to keep 100% of my files? Because i don't want to regret not backing up, but don't want to back up when none of my files are harm (such as games and other stuff).
(Jan 16, 2014, 17:50 pm)imeem Wrote: when doing a in-place upgrade, what files will I lose or do i get to keep 100% of my files? Because i don't want to regret not backing up, but don't want to back up when none of my files are harm (such as games and other stuff).

Sound logic Huh Just do the back-up or more likely than not. You'll be back here post in place upgrade asking for a solution to lost files, folders, games etc Wink
After All your support I have downloaded a copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and should be looking to upgrade soon after I back up my data.

I would like to know, when I do in place upgrade using Windows 8.1 Enterprise does that mean I'll have enterprise edition after upgrade or will I still be using Windows Pro. I do not want to install Enterprise edition, which has lots of business feature I do wanted to use and waste my HDD space.

Also if you can help me with Windows 8.1 Activator KMS Tool kit I may require.

Thanks
(Jan 16, 2014, 18:47 pm)chodu Wrote: After All your support I have downloaded a copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and should be looking to upgrade soon after I back up my data.

I would like to know, when I do in place upgrade using Windows 8.1 Enterprise does that mean I'll have enterprise edition after upgrade or will I still be using Windows Pro. I do not want to install Enterprise edition, which has lots of business feature I do wanted to use and waste my HDD space.

Thanks

If u didn't want Enterprise, then y did u download it? U were suppose to download windows pro

K i'm in the process of installing 8.1. Do I install it on boot up or do i just run the setup.exe ? When i do it on boot up, i keep getting this when im trying to keep my files : "Remove media and restart windows. Then insert media and restart the upgrade". When i run the setup.exe the only files i can keep it says, are my "personal files" which i assume i don't get to keep my programs.
(Jan 16, 2014, 18:47 pm)chodu Wrote: After All your support I have downloaded a copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and should be looking to upgrade soon after I back up my data.

Thanks

@chodu.

I don't use Win 8 as i find it cumbersome and a pain in the ass mate Smile. I don't want to give you any advice/direction as i'd only be guessing which wouldn't be the right thing to do.

If i were you. I'd head over to MDL where i linked you to the original magnet link downloads. Register and ask the question there. There you'll get a definitive answer.
Look for murphy78 as he won't give you any info that may be a little "iffy".

Really sorry i can't help you more and i hope you get everything up and running the way you want Wink
from now on, do like me. Do not use the default special folders direction Tongue
I just want to say that if upgrading from win 8 enterprise to win 8.1 enterprise, you cannot keep programs and files. Before you pick the option to keep personal file only, make sure to enable all those password on login and stuff and i think should us your live account instead of a local account.

EDIT:
Quote:to keep all files you must install 8.1 within W8, no direct boot path available. In order to keep everything, the install media must be the langugage version which was used during W8 install. If these versions differ, you cannot keep everything. After that you must install the 8.1 language pack/file over it.

I used a local account and with no password and after installing, the computer asked me to enter a password even though i do not have a password.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 6 1,655 May 03, 2024, 03:28 am
Last Post: dueda
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 22,197 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  No More Defender Updates After Updating to latest Cumulative Update (see message) RobertX 4 5,423 Mar 23, 2023, 20:27 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,715 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  Trying to Clean Out a Windows 10 Update that Keeps Coming Back RobertX 1 9,974 Sep 19, 2021, 17:14 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker