Windows 10 Digital Licence Thread
It's a very broad topic, so I thought I'd take the liberty of talking about this over here.

My question is, do digital licences go online to prolong/reset its activation?

I ask because when I do an activation check using the activation package uploaded by theSEMAR, it doesn't tell me if it's going to expire. In fact, when I entered 

Code:
slmgr /xpr 

in the shell, it tells me that Windows 10 Pro (what I'm using by the way) is "permanently-activated."

Now, I installed Windows 10 Pro in the Virtualbox in my Linux Mint box and stripped it of its online ability. It's still offline (the Windows 10 guest, by the way), but when I run the activator, it still doesn't say if it's going to expire anytime soon. Weird eh?

So my question is, does the digital licence go on the web to renew its state? That's what I want to know.

EDIT: Just found the answer: you need to be online when you activate it this way for the first time since install.

It says on the tin too.

I feel like such an idiot. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,153 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 22,031 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Upgrading to (genuine?) Windows 11 via (pirated!) Windows 10? onlinehuangjizhan 4 10,601 Feb 07, 2022, 10:42 am
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  Windows 10 Activate Windows message WW3hasstarted 6 17,977 Dec 19, 2019, 22:25 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Windows Update and Windows Defender RobertX 5 18,995 Dec 06, 2019, 23:24 pm
Last Post: RobertX