Poll: What do you use for storing your downloads?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
On a blank media, be it on a DVD or CD.
15.00%
3 15.00%
Hard drive, leave it there unless you want to clear space.
85.00%
17 85.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you do with your downloads?
(Jul 29, 2015, 01:11 am)RobertX Wrote: Do you guys stack your hard drives on top of each other or something?

If one of your HDDs are full , would you just buy another HDD, suck the data from the full HDD and put it away in storage?

I just get another Hard Drive, and start storing all the new data on that one.
(Jul 23, 2015, 19:20 pm)bob5695 Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2015, 18:58 pm)RobertX Wrote: Hi connor17,

Do you burn with ConvertXtoDVD?

well, he said he fits 4~5 800MB movies in a dvd. how would he do that with convertx without turning them into a mess of blocky artifacts? Smile

That encoding thing you said. Funny. The "blocky" bit at end, cherry on the cake Tongue
A long-dead thread resurrected, and mines, no less.

To paraphrase Vince McMahon, "anything can happen in SuprBay!"
Just a digital hoarder.

Movies, TV shows, Music, Teaching Company - added to PLEX server so I can play it anywhere in the house or on the road.
Audio Books, software, etc, on the server.

All media saved to a 12-bay Synology NAS. Currently has eight 5tb drives and it is about 75% full.
I have to have a copy of EVERYTHING!!!
So, I backup on DVDs and CDs.
However, I also have a PLEX media server for the home.
I use it for movies and TV.
Just recently, I loaded over 800 music videos on PLEX and play them on random.
It's like having MTV back. Awesome as all hell.
I am an addict. I collected every form of media, even clothing labels and soda can rings.

I started with a shoebox full of cassette tapes, then one day I had a 4-drive RAID in my PC (plus system drive), a big box of CDs/DVDs, etc.
When I downsized to notebook, I noticed a pile of portable drivers and USB cables growing on my desk. I cleaned up and watch my GB closely.

Most downloads I delete after a short time, but some I keep for years. Some movies and programs should be kept, even if they are currently available.
I bought a lot of stuff I downloaded, and some I actually downloaded after buying the "real thing" because the modded/updated version was better.

DRM is a beach, and I set sail!
I mostly collect movies, music and books. In the case of movies, I'll get the smallest size of the highest quality; if the movie turns out to be a keeper, then I get a high quality copy of it. Music I mostly get 320kbps or FLAC. For books I'll try to get all formats available: azw3, mobi, epub and PDF. I keep everything on a backup hard drive. I rarely download music videos; I find that they tend to be a distraction. Unless there's great dancing going on, then those I keep Big Grin
I mainly use TPB to download European TV shows with English subtitles (thanks Snowhiter!) I just keep them on my laptop or an external hard drive, watch them via Plex, and then delete them. I also download some novels in epub format, but get most of those from a different site. I keep those epub files on a hard drive as well, use Adobe Digital Editions as a  library, and read them on a kobo. I used to download quite a lot of music via TPB for my i-tunes library but tend to use my (paid) Spotify account more now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your degree? (If you're comfortable in speaking it) RobertX 0 602 Feb 19, 2024, 08:48 am
Last Post: RobertX
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,354 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  How to move to the next page of downloads ? ReleaseZeKraken 3 4,761 Jun 01, 2023, 01:12 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  If an intruder comes into your home what would you say, do etc.? Octo 51 78,419 May 25, 2023, 16:40 pm
Last Post: stormium
  Anyone know where Amazon Prime downloads the video on your phone? Ladyanne3 14 9,655 Apr 16, 2023, 21:47 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3