Welcome to the RiffTrax forum / Say "Hi" here
(Jan 19, 2019, 01:14 am)politux Wrote: Hey guys I'm new to RiffTrax but I am interested to learn.  Seems like a good community you have here.

What is the best RiffTrax to watch?

Hope you have a nice day.

-ptx

If you're familiar with Mystery Science Theater 3000, it's pretty much the same thing. Almost everything they've done for the past many years has been video-on-demand schlocky sci-fi/horror/fantasy fare or old educational shorts. Though Rifftrax started with mp3s that you could sync to major movies, so you have a lot of older, still very funny fare that goes along to big budget films. If you're interested in seeing a major movie get mocked, you can just pick a movie that you wouldn't mind watching (or wouldn't want to watch without some good jokes, like the Twilight or Transformers series) and try one of those. A lot of people really love the Twilight riffs, the Star Wars prequel riffs, or the Harry Potter riffs. There's fucking bonkers movies like The Room (which was a big more obscure when they did their riff), A Talking Cat!?, or Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny. There's crazy-bad mainstream things like Batman & Robin, Super Mario Bros., and Cool As Ice. If you're pretty new to the idea, you may want to start with something you know instead of jumping into something like Buffalo Rider or The Guy From Harlem (which I love). You can always peruse their website and watch preview clips to see if you'd find it interesting.
@BadFilms

Ok mate, sounds good. Yeah I used to watch MST 3000 back in the day on Comedy Central. Tom Servo was my favorite.

I think I'll start with the Harry Potter riffs, thanks.
Oh I just did a quick search and found the Battlefield Earth riff. That movie was hilariously bad so I will start there.

Cheers
I don't know how much you've looked into RiffTrax, but it's made up of Mike Nelson (Head writer for the entire ten year original run of MST3K. Plus, he played Mike in the second half of the series), Kevin Murphy (The voice of Tom Servo from seasons two through ten), and Bill Corbett (The voice of Crow T. Robot from seasons eight through ten). So, basically the same guys doing pretty much the same thing. I personally recommend checking out any of the pre-recorded Live shows, there is nothing that can beat the energy that the laughs of the live audience brings to the mix. If you really enjoy them, every year, the guys do a Kickstarter to fund their Live shows for the year, and this years is coming up in the next month or two. They broadcast their riffs live to something like 700 theaters across the country, and it's always totally worth it to watch in a theater full of other fans. On top of that, it's a pain in the ass to make friends when you're all growed up, and I met one of my best friends from running into him at like 80% of the live shows I went to (As well as several local nerd conventions).

PS - Some of my favorites are Miami Connection, Samurai Cop, R.O.T.O.R., The Room, Starship Troopers, Krull, Birdemic, Night of the Living Dead, The Wizard, The Apple (Like an extra gay attempt at making a musical like Rocky Horror), and Space Mutiny.
Hello and thank you all for this wonderful community!

Hi everyone!
New here, can't believe I didn't know about this forum after using TPB for so long, damn near cried when I found this thread.
Hello!
Long time MST3K/Rifftrax fan.
Great to find a community
HI. I've loved MST and Rifftrax for a few years now. Nice place you've got here. Smile
Oops, never said hi. Hi!

This place is the tops and that's thanks to the fine folks we've got here.
Is anyone else a little nervouse about Pluto TV being purchased by Viacom?  I understand that they plan on having a tiered subscription... most free and some premium channels... I'm just worried about the MST3K and RiffTrax channels going pay only... any word on their plans?
Hello, guys, latin MSTie and fansubber (translator) of the show  here. It's a pleasure to finally interact with you all after so many years of lurking. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 34 4,061 Yesterday, 18:54 pm
Last Post: JusSonic
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,713 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 1,000 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 37 56,502 Mar 09, 2024, 16:06 pm
Last Post: alansmithee99
  Rifftrax - near 12 hour video on Youtude MATMAN 0 744 Mar 01, 2024, 09:49 am
Last Post: MATMAN