Welcome, if you're joining us from KAT
(Jul 21, 2016, 10:00 am)Sid Wrote: Then you've never thought.

Everything dies sooner or later. A thousand years from now nobody will even remember KAT (and even TPB will be nothing but a paragraph or two in an obscure history text).

Sometime between now and then all torrent sites will close, perhaps temporarily from time to time but eventually, inevitably, permanently. The admins will lose interest and close voluntarily, or they'll be forced to close by the MAFIAA, or they'll be rendered obsolete by new sharing technologies.

So get used to it. Don't tie yourself [emotionally] to a single site--there is never any need to do so and doing so will never end in anything but tears. The one thing you can rely on is that human beings--social creatures--will always find a way to share. When one door closes, several open.

Thankyou Sid well said. I know nothing last forever and I knew something like this was inevitable but didn't expect it to be at this scale lol.
"Don't be obtuse. He managed to stay hidden for 7 years in spite of the no doubt intense searching that was being done for him by multiple commercial and government interests. He did a pretty fucking good job of covering his tracks but they only had to get lucky once, he had to stay lucky every single hour of every single day from BEFORE he became a target. "

Idea  I totally agree with this post. I think it is quite stupid if some people don't put across that they understand how much effort and work is involved in maintaining such a site. I think he did very well considering his circumstances, and the consciousness was that apple and facebook would be quite private with protecting identities.

The biggest problem I have with how they took him down, is that I read somewhere that apple were refusing to give out terrorist information regarding the tracking of their ISP's and personal info, and yet they'll hand over easy as someones ISP and other info, for a torrent site. Ridiculous! Is the world freaking crazier than I thought or what Huh Angry 

The narked him out, and fuck facebook too Angry and fuck apple, your computers look freaking gay with those huge retarded apples Big Grin
Hi everyone, hybrid Bay/KAT user here. I started uploading at TPB over 4 years ago since it was the grand-daddy of p2p sites and the busiest at the time. I was clued into KAT by a Bay commenter. S/he said there was a thriving Rifftrax-MST3K-Cinematic-Titanic community and forum there so I checked it out.

I wanted to keep posting at both TPB and KAT but I found out the hard way that KAT scrapes TPB. If I upped to TPB first and then tried to at KAT just a moment later, they'd already have scrapped it! This would block me from being the upload owner at KAT for that hash so I couldn't edit the description, delete the torrent from view, etc.

The solution was simple: always upload to KAT first and then TPB. In that way, I maintained ownership of the upload at both sites. Plus, as TPB and KAT went through various outages, there was almost always one major site with my stuff indexed.

As Sid wisely stated: "Everything dies sooner or later." and "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."
(Jul 21, 2016, 22:14 pm)Sid Wrote:
(Jul 21, 2016, 20:54 pm)Kooroe Wrote: I respectfully disagree try searching daz3d and the most seeded file is v4 from 2006. The dazed line is up to genesis 3 now and there are little to almost no gen3 files on here. Where as KAT almost everyday there was new gen3 file with 50 seeds plus.

You missed my point (which, admittedly, I did not make in any way well).

There is no reason that torrents uploaded to KAT could not have been uploaded here as well. It would not have detracted from KAT in any way. That they weren't is, to be brutally honest, the fault of the short sighted individuals who only uploaded at KAT; and the downloaders who didn't didn't bother to reupload here (or anywhere else). You are the authors of your own misfortune.

When, God willing, KAT comes back, learn from this experience. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Ok so looks like I indeed missed the point but gives me a idea for a site that uploads to multiple torrent sites at once or from like a list.
I'nm
(Jul 21, 2016, 23:25 pm)Sid Wrote: Note that some new tips have been added to the opening post.

(Jul 21, 2016, 23:13 pm)zMTz Wrote: Given the KAT founder really made little to no effort in covering his tracks

Don't be obtuse. He managed to stay hidden for 7 years in spite of the no doubt intense searching that was being done for him by multiple commercial and government interests. He did a pretty fucking good job of covering his tracks but they only had to get lucky once, he had to stay lucky every single hour of every single day from BEFORE he became a target.

Perhaps don't get offended at anything critical.  A list of colossal fuck ups can be found here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-21/ho...ts/7649862

e.g. using a US based whois domain hider from the get-go, bank acc in own name, ad-bait, icloud & itunes accs... yeah righto

I mean, I don't deny it's difficult to hide from authorities, they even got DPR after the foolish stack exchange question (which he noticed 10 seconds after making the mistake).

Sid edited Jul 22, 2016 22:22 pm this post because:

I'm not offended, you weren't criticizing me.

But the fact remains that you are simply wrong. The very story you linked to supports that--it took "years of investigation" by US government agents to track Artem down. Sure he made slips and mistakes along the way but "little to no effort" is a gross understatement.

Not to mention that we're only hearing one version of the story, from one side. If you seriously believe everything the government tells you then we have nothing to discuss.

KAT admins believed that honoring takedown requests would save them. The fools. Someone should've told them about the consequences of dealing with the devil.

Let this sad story finally be a lesson, a cautionary tale for the rest of us. Whether you did anything wrong or not, is irrelevant. All that matters is how rich you are. If you're 1%, you're above the law. If you're just wealthy, you'll be treated as the law dictates. Everybody else is guilty by default.

Never hope that the authorities will treat you fairly. Never try to cut a deal. Just learn to hide your tracks and be on alert all the time. Sleep with one eye open, as they say.
Thanks but plz we face problem here.. Help us out..
(Jul 22, 2016, 15:13 pm)meXpoZ Wrote: Thanks but plz we face problem here.. Help us out..

People can't help unless you describe the problem you are having.
Thanks! Looking forward to using TBP (and hopefully getting some more knit & crochet torrents up Smile )
Thanks for the welcome. Another washed up KAT reporting for meow...I mean YARRR!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  search engine that searches tpb, demonoid, kat, 1337x m1t0s1s 1 9,588 Jan 31, 2022, 09:26 am
Last Post: RobertX
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 149,034 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  https://kat.cr/ Down? TheEmpathicEar 13 28,520 Mar 10, 2018, 06:01 am
Last Post: joew771
  How do you feel when you SEED or UPLOAD a torrent? paooleole 10 25,988 Jan 17, 2018, 17:03 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Welcome back, SuprBay! workerbee 14 35,096 Jan 15, 2018, 16:03 pm
Last Post: Sid