Welcome, if you're joining us from KAT
They must be peanut butter and jealous too.
(Jul 26, 2016, 14:14 pm)RobertX Wrote: I wonder if SCSA420 will come here.

I dig his wrestling torrents from KAT.

(Jul 26, 2016, 17:33 pm)gh0ster Wrote: Yes tpb is garbage

You keep saying this over and over. It's almost as if you're hoping to start a fight. Or at least mean your remarks in deep, deep irony, which, if so, I can appreciate.

I don't know what any KAT members have said in the past here, but there's a general sense I've encountered there over the last couple of years of preference for the home site (I mean, shit, who doesn't prefer the site they identify with?), but no auto-dissing of TPB. If anything, there's a general respect for TPB and what it's built. Just recently a thread of thanks to TPB was started. You can argue that it's bullshit, but the fact is there was no reason to start it if people were just being insincere. Maybe the KAT membership as a whole doesn't pay much attention to TPB, but in all honesty they probably pay little attention to KAT as well, aside from the files it once linked to. There's a lot of lurkers who just download, here and over there.

Of the ones who do care and take an articulate part in KAT's forums, I sense no condemnation of TPB. And I don't see how anything is gained from anger, unless you're working for the fucking spook crowd in DC, and want to turn sites against one another.

I'm hopeful we can build bridges between our sites, and others as well that are seriously concerned with getting around the the feds who kiss up the Copyright Lobby. Because first, it will stick it to the monied interests who don't give a damn about spreading information and entertainment, and second, because it will make us all stronger. At least, that's the way I see it.
gh0ster is not really the ones that you actually pay attentions on it's posts outside the void, the second one is me
(Jul 28, 2016, 02:35 am)Philidor Wrote:
(Jul 26, 2016, 14:14 pm)RobertX Wrote: I wonder if SCSA420 will come here.

I dig his wrestling torrents from KAT.

(Jul 26, 2016, 17:33 pm)gh0ster Wrote: Yes tpb is garbage

You keep saying this over and over. It's almost as if you're hoping to start a fight. Or at least mean your remarks in deep, deep irony, which, if so, I can appreciate.

I don't know what any KAT members have said in the past here, but there's a general sense I've encountered there over the last couple of years of preference for the home site (I mean, shit, who doesn't prefer the site they identify with?), but no auto-dissing of TPB. If anything, there's a general respect for TPB and what it's built. Just recently a thread of thanks to TPB was started. You can argue that it's bullshit, but the fact is there was no reason to start it if people were just being insincere. Maybe the KAT membership as a whole doesn't pay much attention to TPB, but in all honesty they probably pay little attention to KAT as well, aside from the files it once linked to. There's a lot of lurkers who just download, here and over there.

Of the ones who do care and take an articulate part in KAT's forums, I sense no condemnation of TPB. And I don't see how anything is gained from anger, unless you're working for the fucking spook crowd in DC, and want to turn sites against one another.

I'm hopeful we can build bridges between our sites, and others as well that are seriously concerned with getting around the the feds who kiss up the Copyright Lobby. Because first, it will stick it to the monied interests who don't give a damn about spreading information and entertainment, and second, because it will make us all stronger. At least, that's the way I see it.

Well said philidor. I moved back and forth between TPB and KAT. I could go so far to say that KAT was the torrenting world's equivalent of Facebook and TPB could be Reddit in a sense Wink I loved KAT as a place to hangout and TPB for being the place where I could pretty much find almost any torrent and with seeds too! So whoever says that us KAT people have no respect for TPB, they are most certainly not speaking for me or any other grateful KAT refugees.
KAT refugee who lurked(for lack of a better word)on TPB and here on the forums. Yes,when KAT comes back(trying to think positive),I will be happy but while here I will try to contribute like I did on KAT.
(Jul 20, 2016, 21:25 pm)politux Wrote: I think you're severely over estimating the intelligence of the average KAT user.
Well that wasn't very welcoming now, was it?
Then you wonder why they're not replying. Probably hissing in their corner.
(I am a Demonoid and Kat refugee who also has a foot here since the time of the Pyramids, uploading everything on multiple sites. (I'm also the person who has TWO identical backup hard disks for my stuff, just in case one breaks)
You can post what you like here (and so can politux) but think about what you've just done--stoked a fire of negativity which died for lack of support 100 posts back.

There will always be some TPB people who don't like KAT (just as there will always be some KAT people who don't like TPB). Such people are best ignored--they are either too stupid to understand what is in their own best interests or they're disingenuous and trying to be provocative for their own amusement--not fed and thereby encouraged to post again.
I agree with Sid. That post is best ignored.
I always have been in both sites (KAT and TPB). Just today i noticed that KAT was gone, i was almost 1 moth and half without internet. Hopefully they will be back Big Grin
Another displaced Kat member. Hope to see daz3d stuff show up again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  search engine that searches tpb, demonoid, kat, 1337x m1t0s1s 1 9,598 Jan 31, 2022, 09:26 am
Last Post: RobertX
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 149,215 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  https://kat.cr/ Down? TheEmpathicEar 13 28,550 Mar 10, 2018, 06:01 am
Last Post: joew771
  How do you feel when you SEED or UPLOAD a torrent? paooleole 10 25,999 Jan 17, 2018, 17:03 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Welcome back, SuprBay! workerbee 14 35,106 Jan 15, 2018, 16:03 pm
Last Post: Sid