Poll: Are recent M,K,B rifftrax releases still on par with their best work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, some of their best
18.75%
9 18.75%
No, bit of a decline
60.42%
29 60.42%
Unsure / idk
20.83%
10 20.83%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

VIRUS may be the most disappointing riff yet
(Oct 09, 2024, 20:10 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(Oct 04, 2024, 12:04 pm)javelinbunny Wrote: I posted a depressing as all flip diatribe here recently so in the spirit of optimism I just wanna say the Lancelot riff was the best this year. Movie hit that sweet spot of bad and interesting and the old familiar riffing energy was there. I was wrong, regardless of broader cultural stuff the trio can still riff with the best of them, so long as they have the right kind of PD movie.

The votes are now 30 "against", 8 "for", 9 "abstaining".

Draw your own conclusions.

The "votes" are from one thread, on a small part on the internet

I don't think those 47 "votes" is actually anywhere close to the majority for this site alone, no less the riffing-fans world at large
(Oct 11, 2024, 10:17 am)XRellikX Wrote: The "votes" are from one thread, on a small part on the internet

I don't think those 47 "votes" is actually anywhere close to the majority for this site alone, no less the riffing-fans world at large

Wrong, did you miss the update Mike posted? He is shutting down the Rifftrax site because 31 people on a pirate site said they dont like their recent output. The masses have spoken, its over.
(Oct 11, 2024, 12:10 pm)billythefist Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2024, 10:17 am)XRellikX Wrote: The "votes" are from one thread, on a small part on the internet

Wrong, did you miss the update Mike posted? He is shutting down the Rifftrax site because 31 people on a pirate site said they dont like their recent output. The masses have spoken, its over.

Damn you 31 people on a pirate site that said they don't like their recent output!!  You've destroyed Rifftrax forever!!
(Oct 11, 2024, 03:09 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(Oct 10, 2024, 02:27 am)Davidia Wrote: "re riff-comedy"

That is made up and doesn't exist.

"Malapropism" exists, as a term, as a word, and comes from a comedic-character in a play. (Which we both know *you* did not know before the term was being referenced here, and now.)

It's been in all reputable dictionaries for yonks.  It "exists".

But the more important and germane question to any non emotionalist person is this:  Do you draw a disparity between "vaudeville" and the initial years of what is properly considered the advent of "stand-up" comedy, yes or no?

(Oct 11, 2024, 10:17 am)XRellikX Wrote:
(Oct 04, 2024, 12:04 pm)javelinbunny Wrote: I posted a depressing as all flip diatribe here recently so in the spirit of optimism I just wanna say the Lancelot riff was the best this year. Movie hit that sweet spot of bad and interesting and the old familiar riffing energy was there. I was wrong, regardless of broader cultural stuff the trio can still riff with the best of them, so long as they have the right kind of PD movie.

Oh dear, proper math raises its ugly head again.

(Oct 11, 2024, 15:26 pm)moondoggy1111 Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2024, 12:10 pm)billythefist Wrote:

Damn you 31 people on a pirate site that said they don't like their recent output!!  You've destroyed Rifftrax forever!!

Oh, I think that those 31 people whom most likely watched alllllllllllll of Cinematic Titanic, and bear that wonderful-material in mind, and whatever sarcasm is brought-to-bear means nada.

Just to show how accurate this polling is, I changed my vote. Anyone can keep changing their vote, up, down, and all around. ACCURACY! And I can't be accused of not voting so my ever changing mind may keep returning
(Oct 12, 2024, 18:32 pm)peephalk Wrote: Just to show how accurate this polling is, I changed my vote. Anyone can keep changing their vote, up, down, and all around. ACCURACY! And I can't be accused of not voting so my ever changing mind may keep returning

are you questioning the integrity of the poll?? that shit is FINAL! we should settle more things with polls. should they do more blockbusters, yay or nay? and then send the results to mike. "but mike, the poll! just look at the poll! you have to now!"
(Oct 12, 2024, 18:32 pm)peephalk Wrote:

Just to show how accurate this polling is, I changed my vote. Anyone can keep changing their vote, up, down, and all around. ACCURACY! And I can't be accused of not voting so my ever changing mind may keep returning

Oh, hey, sure you did, and frankly, I appreciate that.  i appreciate any non emotionalist/non-toddler meltdown reply which is "on topic".  And, I see we are now down to 29 "against" votes, which is perfectly fine to me, because it means a true reaction, versus a "toddler" reaction, and it means you (unlike others) are paying attention to the topic.  Which is the question of  the topic:  whether or  not current "comedy" if Rifftrax is equal (or not) to the comedy of previous years.  It's NOT.  But your opinion (and from what you said, your change in your "vote") will always matter.  It will have and enjoy "agency".  Unlike most of the current riffcomedy.

The Initial Trio, yes.

The newcomers, no.

I appreciate your sincerity, and that you properly explained your position re riff-comedy, and that included the context of public-domain material.  Well done.

I agree but also I wasn't particularly drawn to the stuff that isn't by the trio in the beforetime, either. The face of mst and rifftrax was, is, shall remain MKB to me but needless to say I wish the whole team/company all the best.
Oh, and to Peep-"Hawk-Tuah", sure, the vote changed, which I respect. But it was 30 against, yesterday. Screenshots, re verification, and all of that. Emotionalism never matters. COMEDY does.

Keep on spittin', darlin'!

To Javelinbunny: great reply, fab reply, cogent reply. I will wish the entire the team the best when the younger members bother to put the forethought into their jokes with the same intellectual-dedication that we saw with (as you said) MKB.
[Image: 8a3.jpg]
print out the screenshots and make a fort! lol
by the by, you've never made me laugh. how can someone with such perfect knowledge about comedy and all things be so tragically unfunny and humorless
please...don't answer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hor-RIFF-ics Oh_Hi_Mark 3 771 Sep 27, 2024, 18:21 pm
Last Post: Oh_Hi_Mark
  Riff adjacent: Repo Man (1984) TV edit drawnbyjohn 5 994 Sep 14, 2024, 23:13 pm
Last Post: Meat Trademark
  (req) Virus - A GrimTrax Feature MATMAN 23 4,630 Jul 14, 2024, 21:33 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  The Most Dangerous Game (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 4 3,745 Jun 21, 2024, 00:55 am
Last Post: JetJaguar73
  May live show JusSonic 4 1,838 Apr 16, 2024, 02:21 am
Last Post: intransitivelie