Update tracker button
If the update tracker function would be mainly for you, then stick to your bittorrent client stats, I understand your point, most people think that high ammout of seeds = higher speeds, when in reality it actually depends on multiple factors and not just seed count.

Don't bother with the stats, if you're here to share for the fun of it, keep up with the good work, if you're here to become the top notch uploader, then, change your method, like Moe said.

What you're asking doesn't make any sense and it would do more harm than good, it would overload not just TPB, but the trackers themselves with a shit ton of requests, there's a reason as to why the announce (from the bittorrent client) is made (automatically) every 30 minutes (minimum), one of which is so it doesn't overload the trackers.
(May 21, 2017, 18:32 pm)Kingfish Wrote: How about just not bothering showing any stats at all?

Once you get obsessed with uploads it's pain in the...back to not look into stats Undecided

Also thanks for replies guys Big Grin
If you're obsessed about stats you're in the wrong game. Both philosophically (it's about sharing not about "high scores") and practically: the BitTorrent protocol does not support accurate statistical reporting. No swarm statistics on any torrent site are ever particularly accurate. An update tracker button would not change that.
(May 22, 2017, 00:21 am)Sid Wrote: If you're obsessed about stats you're in the wrong game. Both philosophically (it's about sharing not about "high scores") and practically: the BitTorrent protocol does not support accurate statistical reporting. No swarm statistics on any torrent site are ever particularly accurate. An update tracker button would not change that.

Okay, this sounds bad  Big Grin No I'm not obsessed with stats, I'm 'obsessed' with uploading. The reasonI asked for this idea is kinda because people often skip torrents where it says 50~ seeds.

But I understand now the thing about overloading tpb servers so this idea can be ditched.
Just chipping in to say I don't take much notice of the stats, I downloaded a file with just 8 seeders.... two of those seeders gave me 10Mbits the whole time. Compare that to GoT S7 with thousands of Seeds but at best 3.5Mbits download speed. This isn't an issue for TBP... it is an issue for Torrent software writers, they would be the ones who need to let users see a predicted speed but how they would accomplish that is beyond me. It is easy to do but so many people would not appreciate a test file being distributed against their will and for it to work it would have to be a mandatory part, nobody could just opt out of the speed test if it was to be accurate.
As Han Solo the pirate said, "never tell me the stats" .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  webtorrent based tracker janat08 4 18,474 Aug 17, 2022, 07:32 am
Last Post: gunmaker
  How about a thanks button bimbobaggings 1 14,918 Feb 28, 2021, 06:29 am
Last Post: Spud17
  HIDE BUTTON for Anonymous uploads 7en 4 13,944 Jun 13, 2020, 12:40 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Make a file sharing of applications and update it once a year in private cloud-space? perfectpeachblonde 5 22,067 Apr 08, 2019, 10:01 am
Last Post: dueda
  Dead Tracker Coming in Magnet LINKS NextBit 4 22,155 Apr 28, 2018, 00:05 am
Last Post: aexl