Top 100 and 48h stats require a skull???
(Jan 05, 2014, 17:46 pm)Phoenix32 Wrote:
(Jan 05, 2014, 16:42 pm)js99912 Wrote: All that is needed is a verified status, and that only results in a good 'ol boy game just like republican America...

You need to ease up and relax there bubba... I'm American. I also quite often vote Republican, not always. But to the best of my knowledge, I am not part of any "good 'ol boy" groups. Should I just call you a left wing commi? No, I doubt it...

But on the subject at hand, please correct me if I am wrong here, but if I understand correctly, here is how it works.

Step 1, you upload stuff...

Step 2, your stuff is either crap and/or maybe filled with malware and/or junk and/or useless -OR- your stuff is good stuff...

Step 3, various Mods, Admins, or whoever review uploads...

Step 4, those various Mods, Admins, or whoever either ban you -OR- validate/promote you, based on what they find in Step 3 from Step 2.

Step 5, you either make it to the Top whatever because you uploaded more good stuff than anyone else (other than the others on that list) -OR- you don't because others did more than you or your stuff was crap.

Right?

So what's wrong with that? What the hell are you whining about?

OK, it's right there, "either your stuff is crap" that's the judgement call.. If you want quantity, you got tvteam, for christ sake, we are better than that!! It's comes down to this; is the torrent authentic, and free of malware... then it does what it does, and the TORRENTS/users judge.. If a user is consistent, who cares i they are HELPING, vs spamming fakes.. That's how small ideas become big! I've been here since it all began, grey hair now.. But what do I know... Love you all!
-js

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8...4ad9ca.jpg

[Image: 83beb288b1d1665032baaa468f4ad9ca.jpg]
(Jan 05, 2014, 21:40 pm)js99912 Wrote: I've been here since it all began, grey hair now.. But what do I know... Love you all!
-js

Then you should recognize very little has ever changed, and everything that has changed has been a response to keep the ship afloat.

In this case, the Top 100 was being plagued with fakes, spam, and malware. The simple solution was to filter it. Seeing as how there were no other criteria to filter by, the choice was made to use skulls.

It was either that, or ditch the Top 100 all together.

Sure they could have put something else in place, but they weren't interested in putting forth that kind of effort, and still are not interested.
it's time for a "check Mark" kids! </

This is the biggest distribution system in the world...
(Jan 05, 2014, 19:33 pm)Phoenix32 Wrote: ~confused then~ Isn't that the same thing really, kinda?

To a degree. But there are sites (eg. H33T) where the torrents of new uploaders aren't displayed until they have been explicitly approved by moderators. I thought you might be mistakenly thinking that that was what happened on TPB. It isn't. Most torrents are scarcely looked at, so there are times when quality uploaders go un-noticed, and un-skulled, for longer than they should.

(Jan 05, 2014, 19:33 pm)Phoenix32 Wrote: Further meaning, what the other poster was complaining about is a moot point. Yes?

I don't think so. While I don't think that the current system is as bad as the OP claims (nor is TPB what he claims), I also don't think it is perfect.

Just because no practical suggestions have yet been made in this thread doesn't mean that someone might someday come up with something, and that would be welcome.
On a related note, can we discuss the pros and cons of a place where uploaders can apply for a skull as a potential solution? Obviously, they would have to meet certain requirements, such as time since account created, quality uploads performed, things like that. Currently, asking for a skull disqualifies you I believe. Or maybe that is just for Helper status? I can't remember.
That's an entire topic in itself, better suited to a new dedicated thread (say, "Allow people to request Trusted status")

[Currently, you can apply for Helper but not Trusted. It used to be the other way around.]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrong FLAC url in top 100 page theSEMAR 0 11,267 Sep 27, 2021, 08:46 am
Last Post: theSEMAR
  advertisement in pink skull torrent TheBeard 2 17,189 Jul 27, 2021, 12:10 pm
Last Post: TheBeard
  Search gives only torrents with skull lukawis 2 16,537 May 12, 2021, 18:45 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Top 100 48 hr jingo500 1 11,494 May 17, 2019, 15:18 pm
Last Post: Moe
  SuprBay: Top 100 Change contrail 2 13,336 Dec 04, 2017, 22:00 pm
Last Post: contrail