This Man's Friend Died in Ukraine (and he's a Russian)
My opinion simply, was that I think it was heartbreaking that something like this is happening to the guy's friend. It's tragic, and it's not fitting in the 21st Century.

Not left, not right. Just end the war and make amends. I apologise if that's not what you think, but I am not trying to take anything out of context. I don't want death on either side. Then you posted the video which took the words out of MY mouth and made it something else. I'm not glamouring Zelensky or making him a celebrity, which is what Hopkins said on your video.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I guess at the end of the day, what I see is propaganda, what you see is propaganda, so really, who's to say what's right? I'm just talking about a guy losing his friend. You even went as far as saying that the guy made a mistake by joining the miliary. Is it also his mistake to be lied to as well by being told from one moment that he won't be fighting in Ukraine and then being sent there despite what he was told?

See RodneyYouPlonker, you can deny him, denounce him as an actor, but things like this happen all the time, where such blunders can be avoided, but aren't.

I do not claim to know Volodymyr Zelenskyy, nor do I consider him a hero. Don't even quote me as saying that, because that is not true. I was saying that if you can't find the time to weep for the man's loss, then at least consider the rewards that a peaceful union would bring to not just Russia or Ukraine, yet also to the world.

My opinion, therefore, is that it's a terrible loss that these things happen when they shouldn't and wouldn't if the leader of the mobilisations was telling the truth the whole time.

EDIT: All right RodneyYouPlonker, maybe we got too carried away; it happens in the heat of the moment. If I performed misconduct in any way, I apologise. That was not my intention; it was never my intention.

It's just that I'm sick and tired of people waging war. At the beginning of this century, 9/11, then Afghanistan and Iraq, then a bunch of stuff leading up to present day Russia and China. I'm tired of it all! And might I remind you, we're not passed stuff like cost of living, climate change, and COVID.

Our relationship has always been amicable and I intend to stay that way.
To put this in context for American readers, Katie Hopkins has bigger clown shoes than Boebert and MTG combined.  She is not to be easily outdone in the field of attention whoring, being a creature of UK "reality TV".  She is another one of those "commentators" who uses outrage like a currency.  Despite her strenuous rantings over 15+ years, she has yet to make it big in US right-wing media; although she did manage to get herself deported from Australia when she went to join the cast of a "reality TV" show there.  No mysteries here, folks.

What is mysterious, though, is why Rodney is using that curious misspelling of Hopkins' name.  Is this some sort of fascist sooper sekrit kode?  Or is it an attempt to drain off some Google juice?

EDIT:   Make no mistake, I never intended this discussion of Katie "Utterly Useless Udder" Hopkins to be a diversion from the original focus of this thread:  a young Russian man grieving for the loss of a good friend in a completely unnecessary and unjust war.  As General and later President Dwight D. Eisenhower reminded us, all war is theft.  That is so completely true of this unholy war of conquest in Ukraine.
Well I don't want another conflict starting from right under our nose.

RodneyYouPlonker, if I offended you, or sound confrontational, I'm sorry. It's just that I find it in bad taste that a person as smart as you would try to discredit a guy who lost his friend. Do you know what it is like to lose someone you know or even love? My social worker recently lost a friend due to cancer and the man doesn't see me for weeks on end. It's that personal. That is why I confronted you about it because I think it's bad timing and in such a time that people are losing lives left and right that you, someone who knows a lot and has seen a lot, would berate those who lost someone of value.

I would really want to know what it's like to lose someone like my mother (I don't have a lot of friends living near me, so in that respect, I may be fortunate).

All in all, if I sound like a complete jackass, I am sorry, I don't mean it.
Okay, look whatever you're saying it's your opinion so that's okay but just don't speak for me because that's a little unfair to do that I'm allowed to say what I think.

The post you made at the beginning of the thread was you said "Putin must be stopped!".  Which is a little alarming I must say...

You can't stop Putin so I don't know what you're trying to do.  Putin is in a very powerful position and you have to accept that.  It is true that America have been leading this whole thing on and that's not good either...

I'm going to completely stick to the original topic and not go off topic like Captain Butler is trying to get me to do, there's a lot of mixed feelings and emotions at the moment and all this we must stop Putin doesn't help at all and Captain Butler is trying to make things worse which is his agenda...

Russia are a very powerful nation and this guy who you're speaking about, I don't actually know this guy so I don't have a clue who he is I mean there are literally so many people on youtube at the moment it's completely insane.  He could be telling the truth, he probably is but then again who knows he could just be plotting against his own government to make a video and attack against the Kremlin because maybe he thinks it's the right thing to do.  It's a very dangerous position that he is in I would say.  Not wise really to actually go on youtube and start speaking out about your own government because it is completely stupid to do that and okay so if his friend died then fair enough but the obvious answer to that is if you don't want to go and fight then don't go and join the military.  I mean you just don't really, you don't want to join the military if you don't want to fight it's that simple.  What are you saying that he was at home one day and then suddenly there was a knock at the door and it was like Nazi Germany and they told him he was going to fight for them and ordered him into battle?  Is that what you're saying?  I thought in the video he said he went to join them thinking he was going to Moscow to do repairs and things?  If he joined up then that was stupid and he should have had more sense if he didn't want to fight I mean...

People die all the time is my point, on a personal level you don't even know this guy and yes he has made a mass huge amount of videos he's probably very good at doing that now and he could be doing it for purpose that we don't understand and yes people go on youtube to make a stack of money...  K8tie Hpkins is a very clever woman at making the truth come out about situations and that's why I respect her for what she's done because she is good at exposing the truth when it comes to these kind of situations which is why I mentioned her originally.  If you think about it this is a bit fake really I'm not saying it's completely fake but it is there for the powers like the American government to make themselves look better and put themselves in a better position politically.  Russia don't like what the West has done in recent times and when the Americans all voted Joe Biden in it wasn't good either as non of that was happening when Trump was in power but as soon as Trump went then things started to kick off in about a month from that time.  I'm not a fan of Joe Biden and I don't like what he's done so far and no American politics is nothing like what we have here in the UK our Left Wing party is nothing like the American Left Wing party it's completely different and stands for a lot of different things and was built in a totally different way.  I used to like the Left Wing party in the UK but I changed my mind a while ago I got fed up of listening to their lies and empty promises.  I prefer the Right wing party we have now in the UK I think they've handled this whole Russia and Ukraine thing very well.  I don't like what Joe Biden has done I very much blame him the same as people are blaming Putin and I don't like how he has got himself into the situation he has.  If anything I believe that the Democrats in America are very much a party for the rich and famous and people who are poor and don't have much money well they are just left to struggle.  The party for the Left in the UK is a lot different to what America has and I don't like either of them to be honest but at least things have been handled by Britain in such a way that to keep things fairly okay at the moment because if the Left in the UK go into power then it would all end up in chaos which wouldn't be good.

I would say that Putin is here to stay and I think that whoever believes he can just be got rid of I think you need to rethink about that.  Okay so this guy's friend was killed well he shouldn't have got involved.  This whole thing does seem quite fake with the media and I believe in K8tie Hpkins and what she says because she makes a good point about that, she might be extreme Right wing but she still has a very good point and I think she explained that perfectly in the original video I posted.  Love her or hate her it's up to you but I just like her opinion because it's better than most and better than what you'll find on the Mainstream TV because that is mostly lies and shouldn't be taken seriously.  I would say the media has already done a lot of damage to all this Ukraine Vs. Russia thing and no Nato shouldn't have got involved in this those 2 countries have been fighting on and off for hundreds of years so it's nothing new so really they shouldn't have got involved which is what I was saying in the first place.  I've seen videos on youtube last year about why this is all happening and I think they were very good what they said it made a lot of sense but just don't know where to find them now I don't know where they are due to being so many on there it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.  I would post them but I don't know where to find them so sorry...
I guess you could be right about the guy's real identity; you don't know unless you're him. Still, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him - and yes, I still think Putin must be stopped!

You're also right that people die all the time, but we have to also make sure that people don't unnecessarily and arbitrarily die - and that's what's happening in Ukraine.

Adding to that, did you read somewhere that some of the guys who ran RARBG are fighting on different sides of the same war? I just hope you don't blame them for taking sides that they didn't choose.

So what am I doing? I'm speaking out in a world where speaking out is allowed. I don't know about Biden or Trudeau are doing for their countries, but during these times, speaking out online in my country and that's what I'm going to continue doing.

I apologise that I seem to be putting words in your mouth, it's just that I think it's unjust to dismiss people who may have lost someone in the war. It does happen, it has happened, and it will happen. I just hope the casualty list does not escalate to the full magnitude.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is this insane war must end.

EDIT: And you say Putin can't be stopped... well, we'll see what happens, do we? It's not like we don't have to.
I found the video I was talking about, I watched this at some point back in March 2022:

Why Russia is Invading Ukraine
So what? Anyone can churn out videos explaining why the event happened:

CaptButler, tell us about Katie Hopkins a little more.

I understand that she is anti-Muslim, among most things, according to some sources.

Describe her and tell us why she's shunned by a lot of people. You can use your lens if you like.

Whatever she puts out, whatever Zelenskyy or Putin pulls, I just hope an end to this insanity so that our Ukrainian and Russian friends can come back to SuprBay and share their warez!

Also, peanuts.
(Jun 08, 2023, 19:47 pm)RobertX Wrote: CaptButler, tell us about Katie Hopkins a little more.

Katie Big Reveal
(Jun 08, 2023, 19:47 pm)RobertX Wrote: CaptButler, tell us about Katie Hopkins a little more.

How about no.  Now who's trolling?

If you had bothered to do about ten minutes of searching, you would already know what you need to:  she's just another fame whore of no importance whatever.  She is forever embarrassing herself publicly.  There never was any reason to inject her into any (serious) thread concerning the Ukraine war.

This thread has taken on a definite S&M vibe.  Count me out.
(Jun 09, 2023, 14:21 pm)CaptButler Wrote: This thread has taken on a definite S&M vibe.  Count me out.

I think the real reason why Captain Butler is backing down here is he's realised that if Katie comes looking for him in one of her videos, he's scared that he'll get a good roasting and that fear is enough to scare the guy to a state where he ends up looking very pale and fragile.  I believe that Butler is scared of the truth behind this thread and also scared of Katie and is shaking in his boots  Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US now has spent $60 billion for Ukraine Resurgence 1 7,297 Jan 28, 2024, 19:08 pm
Last Post: TheEvilEye
  More Russian Weirdness: Kremlin Behind Most Recent Putin Death Rumors CaptButler 8 3,808 Nov 09, 2023, 23:37 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  The REAL truth about what is happening in Ukraine... RodneyYouPlonker 1 6,021 Sep 23, 2023, 17:01 pm
Last Post: stts2
  EU to Launch Disinformation Tracker to Counter Russian and Chinese Lies CaptButler 2 7,696 Aug 26, 2023, 20:29 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  Nazi Is As Nazi Does: Russia Plunders Ukraine's Art Treasures CaptButler 9 10,582 May 04, 2023, 16:05 pm
Last Post: CaptButler