This Man's Friend Died in Ukraine (and he's a Russian)
He's not trolling, he's discussing, and so am I.

We agreed to disagree, and neither of us are treating the forum rules with disrespect.

I disagree with his points and that Kate Hopkins, but at the end of the day, we acknowledge that we have differing opinions.

I am willing to believe the feeling is mutual.
Do a bit of research on Katie Hopkins and you will see that he has deceived you.  No serious UK right-winger would ever site her as a source.
I don't know CaptButler, I gained respect for RodneyYouPlonker over the years, some of which are from computers.

I agree that Putin is not a good guy, but if this Kate Hopkins is someone he would respect, then who are we to argue?

He did make one good point, and that's anyone can make a Youtube video log, whether it's Kate Hopkins or the guy in OP, very contradictory.

Who is lying? Who is telling the truth?

I believe the Russian that reported his friend's death was being genuine. I think it's an insult that RodneyYouPlonker would say that. Maybe he didn't mean it, but I think it's thoughtless. The man was calm, adheres to basic conduct, and not participating in vulgarities or innuendo.

Back to the point, maybe he is right about fake videos. But I know I'm definitely right on that the Russian diaspora is forming and getting stronger. The best parts of Russia may come after all! And the borscht, give me more borscht!
In these kinds of time with such mixed up opinions you have to believe in somebody and whoever that is I guess is what you want to feel attached to.  In such a world of difference I guess you believe in your own choice of person, for example Captain Butler believes in one person and I believe in the opposite but what I'm saying is that I've watched a massive amount of youtube over the last several years and I've seen thousands of hours of debates and discussions regarding so many topics about everything you could imagine and I have to say that due to the journey and path I've taken over this long period of time I have to say the one that makes the most sense is K8tie Hpkins because she knows her stuff and she's very good at explaining the reality behind these kind of debates.  There are other people but I'm not willing to talk about them simply because what they have gone through as I've watched along their journeys.

That video that you posted originally the original post debate I happen to have seen things before but it's nothing that really shocks me in any way having had a brief look at it from what I can gather he talks about his friend made his own choice to go and fight and that's where the guy made his mistake.  We have choices in life and if you do something and make the wrong choice then it's your fault you can't blame Putin for that.  People want to do things, they make decisions regarding their choices in life and sadly people die all the time.  Right now in the time it's take me to write this post a few people have just died it's the way the world works.  Another matter, I notice the guy in the video he edits the video multiple times maybe he took things out he didn't like it wasn't a raw take he chopped out loads of bits that he didn't want which is again how people can fake anything these days.

Okay, this guy who you're talking about "The Russian Dude".

I've had a look at his channel and there's a huge stack of videos.  I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I can't just sit here watching everything he does but it does very much look like the guy is a video making machine and he just churns them out constantly.  He seems to me to be exactly in the know of what he's doing and saying and he can literally just sit there and sell anything he wants on youtube because he has already done that with the previous mass chunk of material he churns out over a lengthy period.

I think whatever this guy is doing he obviously is a complete pro at it and he knows that he can make videos and send any kind of message out he wants.  During these time he may have a major problem with the Russian government and it seems that this is the case and he is using his channel as a tool to work against their government a bit like a mission to strike out against the powers that be.  It's not like he's only done a hand full of videos he has literally churned out a stack of content with the intention of making the 'big bucks'.

These are not just posts on a forum these are designed videos to have an impact on the message he is sending out and also to making lots of money in the process...

I'm sorry but I don't buy into any of this I think you've fallen into the youtube hole here and fallen upon something which is for the purpose of making money and gaining wealth with the agenda of going against the powers of his own country with purpose to cause damage and fear a bit like what the Lefty people do (speak to Cpt. Butler in regards to this category).  I believe this guy is using his channel for the purpose of turning the people of his own country and neighbouring countries against the government of Russia because they fear Putin and want him gone.  Maybe some kind of movement with the intent of causing damage to their society.  In this day and age it could be anything of the kind, thousands of videos that live on youtube and the ones that are real are probably hard to come by these days.
RodneyYouPlonker, first off, being drafted to the army, the Russian military, is not a choice, hence the word drafted.

Secondly, you keep telling me that you don't trust this guy; more power to you, but you still haven't shot down my point: how is Kate Hopkins any different? How are you to convince me that Kate Hopkins is more trustworthy than the Russian Dude? They both churn out a bunch of videos expressing their viewpoints, they both sound passionate about their views, and they both have their own following, you for Hopkins and me for the Russian Dude.

But one thing for sure: you bought into what you want to buy, so we're both on certain ground there.

I'll check out Kate Hopkins and do more research on her, as CaptButler suggested, but don't expect me to convert.
(Jun 06, 2023, 18:19 pm)RobertX Wrote: Secondly, you keep telling me that you don't trust this guy; more power to you, but you still haven't shot down my point: how is Kate Hopkins any different?

I'm not trying to shoot down anybody's point.  I was never trying to 'shoot' anybody in the first place, I guess I leave that to the Ukraine soldiers.  All I'm saying is that 'The Russian Dude' he's just a youtuber that's all he's not all that famous.  On the other hand K8tie is a lot more famous she travels the world and she does shows and things and lots of people all go and pay money to see her infact she's more into comedy in a lot of situations as she finds it funny looking at how messed up the world is these days.  The saying laughter is the best medicine well in this case that's completely true because it is.  K8tie arrived on the TV in Britain some many many years ago and she's now a household name in the UK and everybody in Britain knows who she is she's been involved in many different debates over the years not just on youtube she's been all over and has been banned from all kinds of things simply because they can't handle her truthspeak.  She was doing things in Lockdown which most people wouldn't have dared but she did it with passion and she earned my respect she was exposing the truth behind a lot of lies that were all covered up by the governments of many different countries.  As well as being very intelligent she is also funny and makes a lot of sense and she is an expert at explaining what's 'really' going on in the world.

For me K8tie is more qualified than most people even government ministers.  She travels all over all the time and she brings us the truth about a vast amount of problems the world has got itself involved in and I have to say she is the one who makes the sense, not the 'Russian Dude'.  K8tie is so outspoken that her journey through life, just to bring the truth to the masses, has been the greatest struggle and had just about everything you could imagine thrown in her face.  The woman gets all my credit and respect for what she's done a speaker of truth and justice around the world.
Fair enough, she's older.

But has she ever advocated for peace, because when I hear her speak, she kind of sounds a little "woke."

True, the Russian Dude is younger, but I think he wants peace. Maybe I'm a sucker for new guys, but it does make sense that everyone wants peace, and that is why I feel for him. That is why I can relate. You may have taken off your mask, but we're not past the pandemic stage yet; in fact, far from it. Here in Ontario, hospitals are still overcrowded with COVID patients and manpower is short. The social worker assigned to me has suffered it twice, though he was lucky to not having to bite the bullet each time.

I'm sorry RodneyYouPlonker, but two offhand remarks from an old-timer saying that she saw everything doesn't convince me.

If Putin wants to show that he is a man of peace, he would call off the invasion and begin peace talks.

I'll respect your rights to have faith with who you think convinces you, but I don't agree with it.
You're not going to find peace in this day and age because like I said the powers of the world are racing to gain more power and control of everything including everybody on the planet...

The problem is that people are being conditioned and prepped because that is how they do their work, they get in your head and control you and make you do as they want...

K8tie is there really just to remind everybody about how ridiculous the whole situation is and what's going on, you may not like what's going on and you may not like what she has to say but that's up to you, nobody is forcing you to be bothered about it.

If you don't agree and don't like what she says then don't watch her and don't take any notice, just stick to your 'russian dude' if that's what you want to believe but it's not how I see it myself...

We're all different for a reason and that's what makes the world more interesting.  The peace is not there to be found at the moment so don't fool yourself into believing that it is and no K8tie Hpkins is nothing of the woke nature that you believe she is the complete opposite and is a speaker of truth and what's going on behind the scenes.  The 'woke' thing you speak of that's for the Lefties of the world to concentrate on as it gives them something to do (again speak to Cpt. Butler about the woke brigade, he is all in the know regarding that subject).
Thing is, I pay very little attention to Zelensky; I didn't agree with his decision to not let Russian defectors escaping this crisis to his land. I think that smacks of bias and paranoia. So now that is out of the way...

Peace should be something we must all hope for. Do you actually want everyone to kill each other? It works fine in Call of Duty, but life is not a video game. Peace and preservation of life is are things to accomplish, but I guess that is something you do not believe.

Well, looking at your statements, I see that we reached an impasse. I want peace, you want conflict. I can see where QiikSand feeds off from this. See, maybe The Russian Dude is not telling the entire truth, but his statements are logical. He may be lying about his credentials, maybe, but he's not wrong either.

In case you didn't yet realise, COVID and climate change are still pillars that are standing tall, and another war is not what we need.

Of course, you will have none of it, just fire up that game of Diablo IV, which is coming soon.

EDIT: You know what? I'll stick to the Russian Dude, as you suggested, but then you should stick to Kate Hopkins too and let's leave each other alone.
You are taking my words completely out of context.  If you don't want to have a proper debate then don't post a thread simple as.  What you said is not what I said, I said certain things which you took the words right out of my mouth which I disagree on completely.  Please state your own opinion and not try and state mine as I don't agree with that kind of carry on even if you have posted more than just about everybody at SB.

I can see that your opinion is of the Left and mine is of the Right.  You believe your thing and I will believe mine.  Say whatever you want about your own opinion but don't say that I'm wanting conflict in any form that is just wrong you totally misunderstand the point I'm making which is mostly what your problem is all about.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US now has spent $60 billion for Ukraine Resurgence 1 7,295 Jan 28, 2024, 19:08 pm
Last Post: TheEvilEye
  More Russian Weirdness: Kremlin Behind Most Recent Putin Death Rumors CaptButler 8 3,808 Nov 09, 2023, 23:37 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  The REAL truth about what is happening in Ukraine... RodneyYouPlonker 1 6,020 Sep 23, 2023, 17:01 pm
Last Post: stts2
  EU to Launch Disinformation Tracker to Counter Russian and Chinese Lies CaptButler 2 7,696 Aug 26, 2023, 20:29 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  Nazi Is As Nazi Does: Russia Plunders Ukraine's Art Treasures CaptButler 9 10,579 May 04, 2023, 16:05 pm
Last Post: CaptButler