Poll: When will Trump be removed from office via impeachment + conviction or resignation, or other means?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
11.76%
2 11.76%
29.41%
5 29.41%
0%
0 0%
23.53%
4 23.53%
Never (permanent dictatorship after shredding constitution)
5.88%
1 5.88%
pns
29.41%
5 29.41%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Trump Impeachment/Resignation Poll
(Aug 06, 2018, 19:22 pm)LZA Wrote:
(Aug 06, 2018, 18:54 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Not really a big fan of the Democratic Party to be honest.  Anything but them, they don't seem to do much just waste their time in office.

The last guy didn't seem to do a great deal just wasted his time while he skimmed the cream and made his money.

At least if Trump has managed to make some ground with North Korea then at least it means that Kim Jong-un won't be doing missile practice too much in the future.  Maybe that's a good thing for everyone and not just the USA.

The North Korea thing was pretty bad really at the beginning of the year.  At least it was made out to be very bad in the media.  At the end of the day the Media are the ones that run the show.  If they want to make Trump bad then I'm sure they will and paint him in a very bad light.  I was just glad that a Democrat didn't get into the white house last time, anything but those timewasters...

I think Obama tried, but from what I remember since The Senate was mainly Republican, and they were kinda crazy then, they gridlocked everything he tried to do. I agree now the left has the majority of the psychos now, and where Trump is making progress I'm not sure if it'll stand the test of time... I'm not convinced that he's respected enough to really be taken seriously. This election was the most horrible I've been a part of. I voted Bernie in the primary, but come to find out HIllary railroaded him... She really is evil and I didn't want her in. I didn't want Trump either but thought he'd shape up.  I really want to see who he gets to run against... In my state of Connecticut, no matter who I vote for, CT is a democratic state, Last time they voted for a republican was in 1988 for Bush Sr... Which was obviously coming off of Reagan's popularity. I don;t care about the affiliation as long as the candidate makes sense... No one did in 2016.. I would have voted Obama again If I was allowed to...

Thanks for your view on the subject.

(Aug 06, 2018, 19:29 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Aug 06, 2018, 19:22 pm)LZA Wrote:
(Aug 06, 2018, 18:54 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Not really a big fan of the Democratic Party to be honest.  Anything but them, they don't seem to do much just waste their time in office.

The last guy didn't seem to do a great deal just wasted his time while he skimmed the cream and made his money.

At least if Trump has managed to make some ground with North Korea then at least it means that Kim Jong-un won't be doing missile practice too much in the future.  Maybe that's a good thing for everyone and not just the USA.

The North Korea thing was pretty bad really at the beginning of the year.  At least it was made out to be very bad in the media.  At the end of the day the Media are the ones that run the show.  If they want to make Trump bad then I'm sure they will and paint him in a very bad light.  I was just glad that a Democrat didn't get into the white house last time, anything but those timewasters...

I think Obama tried, but from what I remember since The Senate was mainly Republican, and they were kinda crazy then, they gridlocked everything he tried to do. I agree now the left has the majority of the psychos now, and where Trump is making progress I'm not sure if it'll stand the test of time... I'm not convinced that he's respected enough to really be taken seriously. This election was the most horrible I've been a part of. I voted Bernie in the primary, but come to find out HIllary railroaded him... She really is evil and I didn't want her in. I didn't want Trump either but thought he'd shape up.  I really want to see who he gets to run against... In my state of Connecticut, no matter who I vote for, CT is a democratic state, Last time they voted for a republican was in 1988 for Bush Sr... Which was obviously coming off of Reagan's popularity. I don;t care about the affiliation as long as the candidate makes sense... No one did in 2016.. I would have voted Obama again If I was allowed to...

Thanks for your view on the subject.

It's quite funny actually now you mention living in Connecticut.  I am an avid fan of the WWE and watch the show every week.  Their company headquarters is based in Hartford, Connecticut which can't be a million miles away from you.  I have literally watched the show for years and remember years back when Trump appeared on the show going up against the CEO of WWE Vince McMahon.  They had a match between them where each one (Trump and McMahon) had their own wrestler who fought on their behalf.  It was great fun I remember it well, McMahon did lose the match and the stipulation was that when one of them lost, depending on who pinned who, then they would have their head shaved.  Of course Trump won and then McMahon proceeded to have his head shaved at the event immediately assisted by the wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin.  Great memories brought back from those times.  Would not have known at that point Trump would eventually become the president.  He didn't seem all that bad really just somebody in good spirits and out for a bit of fun.  It was very entertaining and if you were to ask at the WWE about Trump they could tell you all about how he was inducted into the WWE hall of fame (not sure which Class and which year it was).  I'm a big fan of that show I'm going to a live show myself soon to watch in my own country.  Been a few times now, just good family entertainment that's all, at the end of the day lots of kids like to go and enjoy themselves (I guess I'm a bit of a big kid myself in that respect).  Trump as he appeared on WWE PPV seemed alright at the time.  As I'm not actually an American I don't fully understand all the things about Trump where people don't like him much.  He's never done me any harm.  If he can stop Kim Jong-un by going to meet him and try and convince him to stop building and firing missiles over the Pacific Ocean then I just hope that one day one of those things never has to come anywhere near where I live.  I know what you mean that Trump isn't necessarily making permanent changes in the world but who that is a politician does anyway.  Usually they are hated they are hated where I come from.  Every week it's either one thing or anything else they hate this, they hate that, they've done this.  As I'm not American maybe I just don't see things how they are and see them from an outside perspective instead?  Outside looking in...
Since these last posts we've seen more evidence of Trump's criminality come out via his former associates Paul Manafort ( in his first of 2 trials ), in which the jury agreed that the defendant was guilty of 8 out of 18 counts of tax fraud. https://nypost.com/2018/08/21/paul-manaf...-tax-fraud

On the same day and in the same hour Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to the feds for various charges including paying off Trump's mistresses Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougall to keep quiet about his involvement with them during the 2016 campaign.

Manafort's second trial is scheduled in Washington D.C. later this month, and all of the money laundering that went on before and DURING the time that he was Trump's campaign manager will be revealed. One of the other federal charges is witness tampering. Anyone who doesn't think that Trump was somehow involved in what his people were doing in 2016 is living in a bubble that needs to be popped! He has a 30+ year history of laundering money through his properties, and Robert Mueller's team has all of the evidence and much more.

In addition to this , we know that the current president has violated the U.S. Constitution's Emouluments Clause, taking monetary bribes from various foreign officials such as a Saudi Arabian prince who stayed in his hotel in Washington, DC. Donald Trump as president was supposed to divest himself of his business interests on Day One! Since he failed to do that there is a least one civil lawsuit pending against him.

Then there's the Russians who Trump continues to worship, buddying up with their murderous leader Vladimir Putin. Last year on the same day that Trump fired FBI director James Comey ( which Donald admitted to Lester Holt on NBC was due to Comey investigating the Russian election-related DNC hackings, was in itself Obstruction of Justice ) something else happened. Russian spies Labrov and Kislayek visited the White House. American reporters were kicked out and Russian TV was allowed in, as Trump passed top-secret classified Israeli information to them.....

The current administration is also guilty of mistreating immigrant children, as hundreds of whom were separated from their parents and held in cages in border detention centers. That was NOT allowed by previous presidents. This kind of inhumanity happening in this country is another impeachable offense. The Republican Party continues to defend Trump because they're scared about abandoning their limited base. They already know they're going to lose the U.S. House in November's Congressional elections. The Senate is a much heavier lift for Democrats -- particularly in red states. But if the GOP was smart they would do the right thing and begin impeachment in what time they have left in 2018. No President in history tried in the Senate ever got convicted, but after Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton, this administration has committed more crimes with their unjust policies -- destroying our environment and education system that it MUST happen even if the Dems only win back the House. I don't exactly trust Nancy Pelosi to do that , the way she dropped the ball with George Bush and Dick Cheney -- letting them get away with their war crimes and CIA prisoner torture program. But there's much more at stake here on a variety of fronts !

As for the Poll it's missing a few options, one of which is TRUMP RESIGNS. Yes, I believe the Democrats win back the House in spite of continued Republican voter suppression and more Russian propoganda. By continued popular demand by the American people, they will start investigations and depending on Mueller's final report impeachment as well. Democratic candidates are campaigning on real issues, and not on impeachment as Trump and some Repugs would have you believe.

At some point after all of the House subpeonas are served and their criminal investigation begins in earnest, Trump will go the Nixon route.
(Sep 01, 2018, 13:33 pm)Executive Wrote: As for the Poll it's missing a few options, one of which is TRUMP RESIGNS.

The poll asks WHEN he will leave, by any means, including resignation.

But I don't think Trump will resign, his ego is too big.  My guess is he hangs on until 2020 because it takes 67 senators to remove him. He will pardon himself and all of his family members and criminal associates on the way out.
(Sep 01, 2018, 13:50 pm)politux Wrote:
(Sep 01, 2018, 13:33 pm)Executive Wrote: As for the Poll it's missing a few options, one of which is TRUMP RESIGNS.

The poll asks WHEN he will leave, by any means, including resignation.

But I don't think Trump will resign, his ego is too big.  My guess is he hangs on until 2020 because it takes 67 senators to remove him. He will pardon himself and all of his family members and criminal associates on the way out.

You're partly right.  I didn't see your post title until just now.  Rolleyes   So I chose 2019 for Trump's resignation.  His ego is gargantuan but he's also an old man and he can only take so much pressure from the embarrassment of the impeachment hearings that will most likely be well underway by next spring or summer.  Even if the Dems can't get enough Republicans to join them to convict in the Senate, the House MUST go through the impeachment regardless. Aside from the stellar ratings it will get the news networks, it needs to get on the public record at the very least.
My only concern is Clinton was impeached and not removed from office, and politically strengthened in the end.  But Clinton got a BJ from an intern he wasn't billions in debt to shady Russians....
(Sep 01, 2018, 14:00 pm)politux Wrote: My only concern is Clinton was impeached and not removed from office, and politically strengthened in the end.  But Clinton got a BJ from an intern he wasn't billions in debt to shady Russians....

That's a valid comparison, and one that I've had too.  I've long had a theory that the Republicans won't bring impeachment against Trump not since they're worried about their poll numbers, but because of how badly they handled the Bill Clinton impeachment.  The way they harassed Hillary over the Bhengazi attack was almost as ridiculous, and Kevin McCarthy even admitted to Sean Hannity in 2016 that it was all to get her poll numbers down.
Four more years of Trump!

I hope mob boss Hillary runs again so she can lose for the third time in a row. That'll just pretty much ensure Trump's success from silent Americans.
(Sep 01, 2018, 18:02 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: Four more years of Trump!

I hope mob boss Hillary runs again so she can lose for the third time in a row. That'll just pretty much ensure Trump's success from silent Americans.
Welcome to the club Tongue 

Trump has touted the mindless loyalty of his base, and when he marveled that he would not lose any support if he shot somebody on Fifth Avenue, he was not complimenting the discernment of his supporters. He has tried to turn that into a positive — “I love the poorly educated!” — but the association with low socioeconomic strata has grated on him. Trump is the ultimate snob. He has no sense that working-class people may have equal latent talent that they have been denied the chance to develop. He considers wealthy and successful people a genetic aristocracy, frequently attributing his own success to good genes.
Attempting to explain his penchant for appointing plutocrats to his Cabinet, Trump has said, “I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person. Does that make sense?”
(Sep 01, 2018, 18:02 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: I hope mob boss Hillary runs again

And thanks for proving it is literally impossible to defend Trump at this point without bringing up Hillary.
(Sep 01, 2018, 18:02 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: Four more years of Trump!

That's very amusing, because Donald Trump has been called a mob boss the way he's run his real estate / name branding businesses for 40 years. He's been running the White House in a similar way. But you'll be glad to know that Hillary ( who as with Trump I also didn't vote for ) publicly announced her retirement on TV in September 2017. So she's still supporting Democratic candidates, but your president has been such a disaster that the Dems have done quite well in dozens of special elections since her loss 2 years ago.  So don't be surprised if they also win back a number of governships, state assemblies, and for the first time in 8 years the U.S. House back this November.  Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worldly Trump. Lovem or hatem? stts2 1 170,466 Mar 03, 2024, 12:34 pm
Last Post: Aw-
  American patriotism hits a new low in recent Gallup poll Resurgence 0 6,324 Jun 30, 2022, 02:10 am
Last Post: Resurgence
  Poll reveals high food, energy prices worsening health of over half of Britons Resurgence 0 5,205 May 19, 2022, 00:06 am
  New book says Netanyahu urged Trump to strike Iran Resurgence 0 4,416 May 14, 2022, 17:52 pm
  Poll: 30% of France has less than €100 in the bank Resurgence 0 4,141 May 14, 2022, 00:17 am