SuprBay RiffTrax crowdsource riff
(May 08, 2022, 15:18 pm)peephalk Wrote:
(May 05, 2022, 21:38 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: What if we try to do a forum riff?

The logistics are not in our favor, but neither were the logistics of MST3K being a thing on KTMA, convincing the guy with change in his pocket, and then, less likely, lead to us being here.

We'd need to go through a proposal faze: a free-for-all nominating of choice(s), a narrowing down faze (voting top 5?), a voting faze (voting for 1), then after a movie choice is selected we'd need to break down the riff-script into chunks (the number of chunks corresponding to the number of participants pledging to the finish the project). Details to be determined. I'm initially inclined to vote for a singular voice to do the finalized recorded riff for flow and listening purposes. Plenty of time to hash out the details.

Speaking of time, there will have to be dates set for task completions, the foremost being finalizing script before projected recording time(s).

I was involved in a project not too dissimilar to this that was fun and rewarding when the final stage was completed.

Any suckers takers?

I've only thought this through as much as shows. I'm missing many steps of the process. Broad strokes. That's all.

Meat Trademark, how dare you (whoops, I mean "How dare you") even suggest, for the "second" time, starting a project that "everyone", even "non-HyperX-microphone" owning "Chris Martin-esque" indulging "Ken Nordine-ish" wannabee-ers can, as a team, create and participate in! Ridiculous! And then even "contemplate" having anyone totally, I mean "totally", in charge of writing and "speaking" other than a "Dennis Miller crawling out of retirement" Carmine Infantino poltergeist. Absolutely no one, NO ONE, in this forum, not "You", not "POOR" Chiroptera, not the "Red Planet Lady", not "Me", NO ONE has the skill, the talent, the useless obscure references, and most importantly the microphones and the egotistical "knowhow" to do it the way "The ONE" can do it. Shame on you "Needy Meattie" for twice attempting a great crowd sourced idea that "would" have worked out fine without "ego-ference" from a "Zima-lost" perfectionist, but alas, you are now warned not to make another welcomed attempt at it without the proper non-"millenniturd" in charge. "Three strikes" and you're "Out".

BTY: if you need any writing, typing, narrating, drywall work, car maintenance, soldering, dog neutering, kangaroo roasting, neurosurgery or chum recipes just reach out, I'm here to tell you to fuck off anytime you need it

sarcasm: 10/10
construction? 6/10
vocabulary: 10/10
"realistic-stance": 1.5/10
Ignoring pragmatic factors involved: 11/10
sucking up to twitter-ish/tikky-tokky crowd ala "replying to things that were not actually said via strawmen/women/people": 15/10

Standing-ovation.
Writing is a necessary component to this. Only being a writer is fine. Same with VO work. I'm not 100% sure I want to riff my own jokes. Nothing is concrete yet. Miss M wants to do her own, maybe someone will only want to do voice. Soooo early in this game, no roadblocks yet; only open road lay before us.

I'm only behind the reigns for this stage, maybe. I had the idea, doesn't necessarily mean I'm the best-suited candidate. We should probably get through a couple more hurdles before electing a "show-runner," though. Like:

Do we try to tackle a feature right out of the gate?
Should we start with a short or an episode of something first as proof-of-concept?
How many people want to contribute?
Who wants to do what function(s)?

After these initial choices are in place, we can figure out the logistics of allotting chunks of script and then later, editing practices. If I prove undesirable, let's have an election. I'm only in control because I TOOK IT! AND I'D DO IT AGAIN I TELL YA! Ideally, this job is mainly corralling, oversight and steering. (Keeping the vessel afloat.) Thing is, things almost never turn out ideally. This will be work.

WHO and WHAT are the first orders to be determined. Let's get some takers and then nominations for an Experiment.

As for the WHO?

To make it easier, or more enticing, I'm open to YES or MAYBE (until you know more (like the thing to be riffed)). No need to decline, being on the forum doesn't opt you in, of course.

Interested? Thoughts? Concerns?

(May 08, 2022, 23:03 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(May 05, 2022, 21:38 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: What if we try to do a forum riff?

The logistics are not in our favor, but neither were the logistics of MST3K being a thing on KTMA, convincing the guy with change in his pocket, and then, less likely, lead to us being here.

We'd need to go through a proposal faze: a free-for-all nominating of choice(s), a narrowing down faze (voting top 5?), a voting faze (voting for 1), then after a movie choice is selected we'd need to break down the riff-script into chunks (the number of chunks corresponding to the number of participants pledging to the finish the project). Details to be determined. I'm initially inclined to vote for a singular voice to do the finalized recorded riff for flow and listening purposes. Plenty of time to hash out the details.

Speaking of time, there will have to be dates set for task completions, the foremost being finalizing script before projected recording time(s).

I was involved in a project not too dissimilar to this that was fun and rewarding when the final stage was completed.

Any suckers takers?

I've only thought this through as much as shows. I'm missing many steps of the process. Broad strokes. That's all.

Meat Trademark, how dare you (whoops, I mean "How dare you") even suggest, for the "second" time, starting a project that "everyone", even "non-HyperX-microphone" owning "Chris Martin-esque" indulging "Ken Nordine-ish" wannabee-ers can, as a team, create and participate in! Ridiculous! And then even "contemplate" having anyone totally, I mean "totally", in charge of writing and "speaking" other than a "Dennis Miller crawling out of retirement" Carmine Infantino poltergeist. Absolutely no one, NO ONE, in this forum, not "You", not "POOR" Chiroptera, not the "Red Planet Lady", not "Me", NO ONE has the skill, the talent, the useless obscure references, and most importantly the microphones and the egotistical "knowhow" to do it the way "The ONE" can do it. Shame on you "Needy Meattie" for twice attempting a great crowd sourced idea that "would" have worked out fine without "ego-ference" from a "Zima-lost" perfectionist, but alas, you are now warned not to make another welcomed attempt at it without the proper non-"millenniturd" in charge. "Three strikes" and you're "Out".

BTY: if you need any writing, typing, narrating, drywall work, car maintenance, soldering, dog neutering, kangaroo roasting, neurosurgery or chum recipes just reach out, I'm here to tell you to fuck off anytime you need it

construction? 6/10
sucking up to twitter-ish/tikky-tokky crowd ala "replying to things that were not actually said via strawmen/women/people": 15/10

Standing-ovation.

Please stay on topic. Rating someone's criticism of you is off-topic (and sad). The criticism was on-topic because I brought up your negativity about a project that had not yet begun. (This is on-topic as I began the thread.) You so obviously hate this, you should leave. It really is that simple. Wait to criticize until there's something to criticize. You are 0% help right now. You can pretend you're helping by pointing about POSSIBLE problems, but it's only that. Pretend.  Stay on topic and/or go away. Please.
I'd gladly contribute some writing and I'm reliable enough
I'd also vote for a full movie in the early rifftrax ballpark, 70's-today bigger budget studio releases
If I've gotta watch something a ton and only a segment of the movie, it'd be nice to be a film I enjoy in a nice resolution
Also, decent production value can do some of the work in entertaining
If we don't mind a longer timeline, just a few of us can put something together; it'd be fun to hear from others though. come out ya hilarious, lurkers, you
(May 08, 2022, 23:41 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Writing is a necessary component to this. Only being a writer is fine. Same with VO work. I'm not 100% sure I want to riff my own jokes. Nothing is concrete yet. Miss M wants to do her own, maybe someone will only want to do voice. Soooo early in this game, no roadblocks yet; only open road lay before us.

I'm only behind the reigns for this stage, maybe. I had the idea, doesn't necessarily mean I'm the best-suited candidate. We should probably get through a couple more hurdles before electing a "show-runner," though. Like:

Should we start with a short or an episode of something first as proof-of-concept?

After these initial choices are in place, we can figure out the logistics of allotting chunks of script and then later, editing practices. If I prove undesirable, let's have an election. I'm only in control because I TOOK IT! AND I'D DO IT AGAIN I TELL YA! Ideally, this job is mainly corralling, oversight and steering. (Keeping the vessel afloat.) Thing is, things almost never turn out ideally. This will be work.

WHO and WHAT are the first orders to be determined. Let's get some takers and then nominations for an Experiment.

As for the WHO?

To make it easier, or more enticing, I'm open to YES or MAYBE (until you know more (like the thing to be riffed)). No need to decline, being on the forum doesn't opt you in, of course.

Any suckers takers?

construction? 6/10

Standing-ovation.

Please stay on topic. Rating someone's criticism of you is off-topic (and sad). The criticism was on-topic because I brought up your negativity about a project that had not yet begun. (This is on-topic as I began the thread.) You so obviously hate this, you should leave. It really is that simple. Wait to criticize until there's something to criticize. You are 0% help right now. You can pretend you're helping by pointing about POSSIBLE problems, but it's only that. Pretend.  Stay on topic and/or go away. Please.

Like the sarcastic reply was off-topic and sad.  Thus it received a more BREVITY oriented reply.  I have spoken about issues which will be important to a group project; THAT is on topic.  the "other person" complained in a sarcastic way which added nada to helping a project bear-fruit.

Be consistent, be congruous.

and GET A DECENT MIC.  Which is on topic.
Hey, NotRich, no hurry for me. I vote quality>quantity. No use working on it unless we feel it's good work. Maybe coming up with a time-frame should be a priority to stir things along. How about a target release of Jan 1, 2023 with final writing submissions a month or so before that? Time for people to commit and work and a little cushion for editing and post and things we'll only see almost too late...

Some may nay-say at this estimate, but I'm trying to be realistic. My gut tells me more. Maybe a full year. Especially if we do a feature. Some people like to crank stuff out, some like to savor, some rewrite the Hell out of their material. I'm initially disinclined to have material rewritten to form a "cohesive" voice. "The right people will get it."

Who edits the final product? That is so far off as to be less actual prediction than stab in the dark. I'm not 100% committed to this to see it through to its end if it just doesn't work, not enough has been submitted, etc. I won't go alone on this ship! That is what we are doing here. Figuring out this stuff. Sorry, broken record.

I'm inclined to vote for a big popular movie to keep things interesting in case of any stretches. If others want a short or episode, I'd vote for a TV episode.

One quick thought: if we did a TV show, we could continue that pattern and eventually have full seasons of crowd-riffed shows. Given its nature of self-contained stories, Twilight Zone could be a goldmine. Consider that a nomination. We wouldn't have to start with episode one. People could call out favorites to work on in advance, even, should that become a thing. Plenty of fan-favorites. I'm super-willing to step away from the popular episodes if for no other reason to get people to contribute who wouldn't normally be inclined to do so. Twilight Zone and MST3K marathons are part of our history. Part of mine. Others, to be sure. Why not chocolate/peanut butter these ideas?

Not sure of anything I'd recommend as a feature yet. I'd like to get an idea of what people are interested in, and there's concerns of keeping the storyline of the movie intact. Do we avoid talking over "important" dialogue? I vote we go ahead and talk over, under, as we see fit. (In case that becomes a concern.) My inclinations fall toward a popular unriffed (by RiffTrax at least) movie. Plenty of those.

(May 09, 2022, 01:00 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(May 08, 2022, 23:41 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Writing is a necessary component to this. Only being a writer is fine. Same with VO work. I'm not 100% sure I want to riff my own jokes. Nothing is concrete yet. Miss M wants to do her own, maybe someone will only want to do voice. Soooo early in this game, no roadblocks yet; only open road lay before us.

As for the WHO?

Any suckers takers?

construction? 6/10

Standing-ovation.

Like the sarcastic reply was off-topic and sad.  Thus it received a more BREVITY oriented reply.  I have spoken about issues which will be important to a group project; THAT is on topic.  the "other person" complained in a sarcastic way which added nada to helping a project bear-fruit.

Be consistent, be congruous.

and GET A DECENT MIC.  Which is on topic.

It's not that recording concerns are invalid, they are NOT what we need to focus on now. Again, 0% help. Recruiting and nominating. That's ALL we need to be focused on.

Movie equivalent: "You know what? We've never failed before! No bad track-record to haunt us! We're just kids! Playing! Not even come-back kids! I VOTE YES!"
Okay, let's address "not what we need to focus on".  And "Again, 0% help."  It may not be helpful to you, sonny-jim, but it may be helpful to others whom you are asking to contribute time/effort.

WHY are you recruiting in a way that ignores what people have completed already?  After your comments the other thread?  When you have not provided any examples of completed-material?

How is that a "team-leader" example?

You are asking other people to have faith in you, without having any any evidence you can "pull this off", while asking others to put hours or more work into this.

You can "strawman" anything I say all you want, but for god's sake, you said that you completed riffing material beforehand in "the other thread" so at least give everyone else a clip of about 3 minutes to see if you have the right to get other folks involved, FFS.
(May 09, 2022, 02:24 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Okay, let's address "not what we need to focus on".  And "Again, 0% help."  It may not be helpful to you, sonny-jim, but it may be helpful to others whom you are asking to contribute time/effort.

WHY are you recruiting in a way that ignores what people have completed already?  After your comments the other thread?  When you have not provided any examples of completed-material?

How is that a "team-leader" example?

You are asking other people to have faith in you, without having any any evidence you can "pull this off", while asking others to put hours or more work into this.

You can "strawman" anything I say all you want, but for god's sake, you said that you completed riffing material beforehand in "the other thread" so at least give everyone else a clip of about 3 minutes to see if you have the right to get other folks involved, FFS.

FUCK. You again. This is my last engagement with feeding this troll.

I'm in no way recruiting in a way that ignores anything.
What comments?
I have no examples because they're not completed yet.
I never claimed to be a team-leader as you have in quotes and bold font.
I never asked people to have faith in me; I only proposed a project.
I never claimed to have completed riffing material.

Thanks for removing the slight doubt you might not be a troll.

Don't let this guy ruin your fun. Don't even let me ruin your fun. Vote NO on fun-ruining. AND VOTE OFTEN! (Oops. had fun there.)
that reaction?  WOW.

Okay folks, draw your own conclusions as per "what you wanna do with your time", but best of luck to this "project" and may it be supremely funny, assuming there is any "end-result".

Nice job in being like a 16 year old on twitter and trying to shut down any "conversation" by invoking the "troll" word, man. 

Let us know when you have any finalized comedy completed which you can share; you seem to be avoiding that.  Which is on topic, since you are the person whom has been suggesting criteria for a group project.

Again, beforehand, I offered to write jokes or provide VO; can't see how THAT is "trolling".

But rock on witcha bad se'f, Punky Brewster.  Sorry you seem so angry.
This sounds like a good idea to me, and as long as it is fun and brings some smiles, I don't think anything else matters. I would suggest a short to start with, as they always seem ripe for riffing and it's a shorter and easier prof of concept to let those involved cut their teeth. That is just my two cents, and I am expecting there will be some change in the form of responses.
(May 09, 2022, 08:10 am)guts46and2 Wrote: This sounds like a good idea to me, and as long as it is fun and brings some smiles, I don't think anything else matters. I would suggest a short to start with, as they always seem ripe for riffing and it's a shorter and easier prof of concept to let those involved cut their teeth. That is just my two cents, and I am expecting there will be some change in the form of responses.

Welcome aboard, Tool Innards! Well met again. I agree that a short would be a good testing ground. Not quite sure what you mean by "That is just my two cents, and I am expecting there will be some change in the form of responses." So here.

Nobody seems to be banging down doors to commit to this so I think we should move on to nominations for a short subject to tackle. Still open to all comers, of course.

We might consider something from the Internet Archive like a Prelinger Archive short so we'll all have the exact same file or maybe a TV episode like original Twilight Zone (no ongoing story to worry about as each episode is basically a self-contained short film) because might as well watch something GOOD over and over for our freshmen effort. (Our primary school effort was watching riffs if you're wondering how we eat or breathe.)

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO RIFF, WON'T YOU?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,648 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,545 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,286 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,823 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  If SuprBay Goes Down -> SubReddit to Get Updates SuperLake 11 8,779 Aug 14, 2023, 22:14 pm
Last Post: entaled