SuprBay RiffTrax crowdsource riff
What if we try to do a forum riff?

The logistics are not in our favor, but neither were the logistics of MST3K being a thing on KTMA, convincing the guy with change in his pocket, and then, less likely, lead to us being here.

We'd need to go through a proposal faze: a free-for-all nominating of choice(s), a narrowing down faze (voting top 5?), a voting faze (voting for 1), then after a movie choice is selected we'd need to break down the riff-script into chunks (the number of chunks corresponding to the number of participants pledging to the finish the project). Details to be determined. I'm initially inclined to vote for a singular voice to do the finalized recorded riff for flow and listening purposes. Plenty of time to hash out the details.

Speaking of time, there will have to be dates set for task completions, the foremost being finalizing script before projected recording time(s).

I was involved in a project not too dissimilar to this that was fun and rewarding when the final stage was completed.

Any suckers takers?

I've only thought this through as much as shows. I'm missing many steps of the process. Broad strokes. That's all.
I could be interested - but only if I read at least a segment. I'm not really interested in writing unless it includes performing. That's just my own weird stipulation.
The problem is that talent for riffing and ability-to-riff will be outweighed by "internet sociological-politics".

Also, few people have as much ability to "deliver" as they have to post, or edit. 

Plus, springing-off MM's comment, tons of people think they can write (but can't) while tons of others think they can VO (but can't and their audio-rig is pathetic/sounds terrible).
(May 07, 2022, 06:54 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: The problem is that talent for riffing and ability-to-riff will be outweighed by "internet sociological-politics".

Also, few people have as much ability to "deliver" as they have to post, or edit. 

Plus, springing-off MM's comment, tons of people think they can write (but can't) while tons of others think they can VO (but can't and their audio-rig is pathetic/sounds terrible).

This project has not started and already you seem pretty upset with people's ability to do voice-over and you find their recording gear to be unacceptable.

Then there's these damned "internet sociological-politics"* bogging the project down.

You're bringing up politics and criticism where neither have merit or need. No Friday the 13th has happened yet! Nothing has happened but speculation toward more funny in the future. Maybe we're NOT doomed! Have the decency to declare your disdain until we've at least picked a project?

* "Your search - "internet sociological-politics" - did not match any documents."

(May 07, 2022, 00:58 am)Miss Martian Wrote: I could be interested - but only if I read at least a segment. I'm not really interested in writing unless it includes performing. That's just my own weird stipulation.

Sounds great. We might try to get people to read riffs by/for those who'd prefer to/can't record themselves.

How many people need to show interest as possible riffers (even just by writing, not recording) for us to even go to a movie nomination phase?

How interested are Mars and Trump?

So many questions! There are many hurdles in an endeavor like this. I'm not opposed to people recording their own riffs, people recording other riffs, people who only want to write.

Find out more on the next post of https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-SuprBay...ource-riff !
I'm pretty damn interested. I have actually already reached out to a couple others that have expressed interest in this as well.

It's a LOT of work though. I would think 10 to 15 mintes are ideal segment blocks.
You guys are inspiring to the rest of us lurkers...I'm intrigued!
Fun suggestion!
Someone would need to be committed to managing/following through though. I know I'd want a finished product if I put a bunch of effort in and really liked some of the material
"This project has not started and already you seem pretty upset with people's ability to do voice-over and you find their recording gear to be unacceptable. "  Yes, because from what I've seen on many attempts on youtewwwwwb, the results are insufferable. & incompetent.  Bad audio is BAD RIFFING.  It's a simple "quality" issue.  Don't be overly-sensitive about it.  A blue yeti recording in an echo-ey tiled kitchen is gonna sound horrible.  Get over it.  If the average millenniwank decides to stop buying lattes and smashed avocado on toast for a year, and forgoes pot and chardonnay for a year, plus stops buying DvD's & Games and going to films in the cinema for a year, plus nixing Netflix for a year (not hard, trust me) they save the money for a decent bloody mic and a decent pre-amp for it.  In fact, a top-tier mic.

Oh, and acoustic foam to limit echoes is CHEAP.

And maybe I'm not the one upset here, Meat Trademark, because I've provided "proof of the pudding" RE my carry-through whereas you have not.  Which is okay, but frankly, if you can't get 40 jokes recorded/edited/done in a week, for final-cut, and then share that with us, then meaning no offense, it's likely you are not the person to be choosing the definitions & parameters of a group project. Sorry to be "Vulcan" here, but maybe someone who has not shown us any completed work is not the person whom should be deciding what the criteria is for other people to "join up and contribute".  A little self-awareness and self-reflection on your part is required here, brother/sister. 

Which, ala NotRichBatman's statement of "Someone would need to be committed to managing/following through though. I know I'd want a finished product if I put a bunch of effort in and really liked some of the material ", behooves you to "get real" on this if you want other people to put "real time" into this.

Now, on the supportive side, if there are any people who can write funny jokes (unlike the bong-tarded moronic crap of "Congo" by the "Jaboooooodles" group, but like the funny stuff Jaboodles did for dubbing-over anime stuff), I'll be happy to provide VO for this potential venture.

Or, if someone has a decent audio rig and wants me to write a few jokes for them (assuming they don't sound like HassanTard on Twitch who blows oral plosive farts into his Shure mic all the time), I'll write some jibes for them.

That is as fair as fair can be.  Or should I say...  1967 "Spock-Vulcan".
(May 05, 2022, 21:38 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: What if we try to do a forum riff?

The logistics are not in our favor, but neither were the logistics of MST3K being a thing on KTMA, convincing the guy with change in his pocket, and then, less likely, lead to us being here.

We'd need to go through a proposal faze: a free-for-all nominating of choice(s), a narrowing down faze (voting top 5?), a voting faze (voting for 1), then after a movie choice is selected we'd need to break down the riff-script into chunks (the number of chunks corresponding to the number of participants pledging to the finish the project). Details to be determined. I'm initially inclined to vote for a singular voice to do the finalized recorded riff for flow and listening purposes. Plenty of time to hash out the details.

Speaking of time, there will have to be dates set for task completions, the foremost being finalizing script before projected recording time(s).

I was involved in a project not too dissimilar to this that was fun and rewarding when the final stage was completed.

Any suckers takers?

I've only thought this through as much as shows. I'm missing many steps of the process. Broad strokes. That's all.

Meat Trademark, how dare you (whoops, I mean "How dare you") even suggest, for the "second" time, starting a project that "everyone", even "non-HyperX-microphone" owning "Chris Martin-esque" indulging "Ken Nordine-ish" wannabee-ers can, as a team, create and participate in! Ridiculous! And then even "contemplate" having anyone totally, I mean "totally", in charge of writing and "speaking" other than a "Dennis Miller crawling out of retirement" Carmine Infantino poltergeist. Absolutely no one, NO ONE, in this forum, not "You", not "POOR" Chiroptera, not the "Red Planet Lady", not "Me", NO ONE has the skill, the talent, the useless obscure references, and most importantly the microphones and the egotistical "knowhow" to do it the way "The ONE" can do it. Shame on you "Needy Meattie" for twice attempting a great crowd sourced idea that "would" have worked out fine without "ego-ference" from a "Zima-lost" perfectionist, but alas, you are now warned not to make another welcomed attempt at it without the proper non-"millenniturd" in charge. "Three strikes" and you're "Out".

BTY: if you need any writing, typing, narrating, drywall work, car maintenance, soldering, dog neutering, kangaroo roasting, neurosurgery or chum recipes just reach out, I'm here to tell you to fuck off anytime you need it
(May 08, 2022, 15:18 pm)peephalk Wrote:
(May 05, 2022, 21:38 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: What if we try to do a forum riff?

Any suckers takers?

Meat Trademark, how dare you (whoops, I mean "How dare you") even suggest, for the "second" time, starting a project that "everyone", even "non-HyperX-microphone" owning "Chris Martin-esque" indulging "Ken Nordine-ish" wannabee-ers can, as a team, create and participate in! Ridiculous! And then even "contemplate" having anyone totally, I mean "totally", in charge of writing and "speaking" other than a "Dennis Miller crawling out of retirement" Carmine Infantino poltergeist. Absolutely no one, NO ONE, in this forum, not "You", not "POOR" Chiroptera, not the "Red Planet Lady", not "Me", NO ONE has the skill, the talent, the useless obscure references, and most importantly the microphones and the egotistical "knowhow" to do it the way "The ONE" can do it. Shame on you "Needy Meattie" for twice attempting a great crowd sourced idea that "would" have worked out fine without "ego-ference" from a "Zima-lost" perfectionist, but alas, you are now warned not to make another welcomed attempt at it without the proper non-"millenniturd" in charge. "Three strikes" and you're "Out".

BTY: if you need any writing, typing, narrating, drywall work, car maintenance, soldering, dog neutering, kangaroo roasting, neurosurgery or chum recipes just reach out, I'm here to tell you to fuck off anytime you need it

Brilliant Smile 

Writing is what I'd contribute, so that's really all I can speak to. It's hard for me to really advocate for this if other person(s) are stuck doing most of the heavy lifting.
Again, I think the idea is lovely and could be a blast

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 163 188,404 Today, 03:58 am
Last Post: BudgetBits
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 23 2,745 Mar 16, 2024, 01:11 am
Last Post: JusSonic
  Welcome to the RiffTrax forum / Say "Hi" here Sid 183 502,888 Mar 13, 2024, 20:50 pm
Last Post: thedavewsc
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 797 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 37 56,210 Mar 09, 2024, 16:06 pm
Last Post: alansmithee99