Sharing sites
The point of this thread is to let people know where else they can find 3D stuff.

The justification/ethics of charging is a worthy topic in its own right but it's a different topic. If you want to discuss it by all means start a new thread. Don't derail this one.
(Aug 30, 2016, 19:29 pm)Don_k Wrote: The VIP site at TopGFX is just for Private Sharing, the join fee ONLY goes towards Server Bandwidth. You can join for as short as 1 month up to a full year, and after your plan Expires you still have access to the VIP site for Life, renewals are NOT Automatic, 2 weeks before expiration you will receive an email regarding renewing. The VIPs buy their own stuff, usually new releases and share it between themselves, teaser posts are put up on TopGFX in order to generate interest in the VIP Site. We also have our own File Host, but any file host that allows free links can be used on TopGFX & the VIP Site as well.

File hosts are the choice of the uploader, but include DepoFile, DepositFile, Oload, MEGA, MediaFire, File.Al, Uploaded.net/ul.to, Rapidgator/rg.to, ZippyShare and many, many more. For linking images to posts we have PxImg as a preferred site, they were started by a former KAT SuperMod and are Pirate Friendly.

I belonged to the VIP site for a few months a while back and can confirm that it was well run from a users perspective.  There was a steady stream of new items that more (much more!) than justified the ten bucks a month it cost to belong. I eventually let my subscription lapse because I wasn't downloading much.  I don't use Genesis 3 stuff (I'm still stuck on V4) and didn't feel that it was worth it since almost everything posted was for Genesis 3.  The bit of Daz architecture that I use is usually available on the free sites.

While I still have access to the free site, I can't see anything in the forums.  I would think that they'd allow this since seeing what's being posted would be a powerful incentive to rejoin.  I've asked about this numerous times but gotten no response.  I'm a little pissed at being ignored but then, that's their loss.
(Aug 17, 2016, 08:03 am)bootleg Wrote: Topgfx was my first. But left it long time ago when I found better alternatives that were free and had better sharing websites.

What currently sharing websites are used at Topgfx? The top most "Z Summer Mood" is still behind a paywall it seems.

Topgfx was great until they started adding "ad.flies" into every landing page you found. It became so annoying, I never use it anymore  :/
https://forum.cgpersia.com/f16/daz-poser...not-97796/ - Since the closure of KAT there is more activity
Checking the registration page for cgpersia for more than a month and it's always disabled...
There are a lot of upload recently on this site , seems like they are migrating form another site :
http://heroturko.cz/3d-models/
The files all circulate among the direct download sites within 24 hours or less. Phuongdzu's cluster occasionally pull out some less recent offerings, but they've all been seen before (if you're not fairly new to the game).
(Sep 09, 2016, 11:16 am)ISelf Wrote: Checking the registration page for cgpersia for more than a month and it's always disabled...

They only open registration on the 1st and 15th from what I read and only for 24 hours. I too would like a account there.

I can't seem to edit the first post any more. so here are some more sites.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/Free...load01.php  Good place for free dynamic clothing.
http://gfx-hub.com/daz3d-poser/ Another site like topgfx but a little slow on the adding of new file. Good place for older stuff.
About CGPPeers, there is not much new stuff there and even if I have been a member for about 4 years (before KAT...) I no longer download anything valuable Daz-Poser-wise. When Kat was nuked I thought that CGP could have been a worthy alternative but I was probably wrong. If only TPB uploading was made easier... Angel
CGPersia/CGPeers is great for tutorials and cracked graphics programs more than daz/poser stuff really.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Sharing Sites Part 2 CCCC 31 185,312 Dec 21, 2023, 13:39 pm
Last Post: kingofblueberry
  Renderosity & Renderotica sharing sites Dazartist221 3 35,765 Sep 27, 2019, 12:06 pm
Last Post: CCCC
  Sharing files using Zippyshare, Mediafire and Mega? Dinky_Danson 6 34,666 May 12, 2018, 09:53 am
Last Post: Obamu
  Sharing Sites Not Working Brantop 13 44,781 Nov 17, 2016, 08:14 am
Last Post: beenthere-donethat