Searching for DAZ Content
On KAT it was fairly straightforward to do a search to see if something you were interested in was already uploaded.
My usually workflow was:
1. Discover something I wanted.
2. Search to see if it existed in the wild (already uploaded).
3. If not proceed to 4., or 5.
4. Buy it
5. or Post a request and wait and see
6. Upload it if I bought it 

So far it seems a bit difficult to search TPB to see if something already exists for two reasons. One, I often get a "Database maintenance, wait 10 minutes" error when I do a search. And two, you can't sort the search by date as far as I can tell.
I figure I'm doing something wrong. I just think this might cause a lot of duplicate uploads. 

Also, in the Uploads thread, it would be nice if posters could reference the fact that they are uploading (or linking to) an old torrent (i.e. one that already existed on KAT), vs a new upload.
Click Order by: Uploaded to sort by date uploaded, newest at top. I don't get the maintenance error, can't think of ever actually seeing that particular one, tbh, but that may just be because I rarely use the search. And from what I've seen, most do reference whether it was one of their own, one they got/put up from/for someone else, or one they modified from an original KAT upload. Most, which is all you can reasonably expect from the internet, imho.
Quote:So far it seems a bit difficult to search TPB to see if something already exists for two reasons. One, I often get a "Database maintenance, wait 10 minutes" error when I do a search. And two, you can't sort the search by date as far as I can tell.

I agree with DB maintenance bit - most annoying - but you can search by date - just click on the "uploaded" link at the top - see attached

edit to add - sorry cross post on the upload link
To me, "wild" and "uploaded" are two different states. I consider uploaded as being in a torrent, where it is available to everyone in the community without restriction. Wild, to me, means on a direct download site that might be accessible to everyone (anonymous or registered members, but nothing paid), where everyone has to jump through the same hoops to get at the content. Not everyone likes it, lots of popups/popunders/redirects and other crap that you just don't want to deal with.

As for searching, there was little DAZ3D-Poser stuff here before, but you can find it using other resources. See my thread on Torrent Resurrection for some suggestions. You can find what was (most likely) on KAT for that last couple of years. If it's still seeded, add it here (and wherever else) instead of creating a new torrent.
I generally consider in the wild to be anything that's been uploaded into public, whether thru DDL or torrent. There's a lot of folks who comb thru both areas, and once they enter one area, it's in the sharing ecosystem.
I agree also on the database thing..to be honest, there's just no way it's under maintenance as often as I get that message. I just refresh the page a couple times, and it either works, or I come back later. IMO, it's free anyways, so the only ones who lose out are the uploaders who can't get their torrents downloaded and seeded.

I wonder if maybe it has something to do with either my browser, or my ad and pop-up blockers, which like to go off at odd times when searching and grabbing magnets. That's just not something I'm willing to eliminate, because I do way too much online and have run into way too many malicious sites and ads. In a perfect world, we wouldn't need blockers for protection. This world ain't perfect.

If anyone knows for sure about the database maint., or if there's a schedule posted anywhere around here so it can be avoided more easily, give me a heads up, please? I mean, DB maint. is a necessity, but it's much easier to simply not visit the site during scheduled maint. operations, than it is to "hammer" a site or page consistently until you get a result. I'd rather be respectful of the guys doing the site work.
There's a thread in the main section of the forum about the "database maintenance" thing that pops up from time to time. It's more frequent on 2+ word searches, but if you get the error, hitting F5 / refresh usually gets a result after a try or two. 

The thread about it is here. I suggest NOT reporting the error though, after looking at the last post in the thread  Wink.

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-databas...nce?page=3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,323 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,540 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 273,253 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  How To Import "not regular buyed" Content? Freaker81 3 33,504 Jul 04, 2019, 17:29 pm
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,724 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana