Personal Riff Projects
Helles ~

I hear ya.  But to be fair, I haven’t said a bad word against any completed works created by anyone on this site, so far.  I have complimented your work, I have not said anything about the work of the other person on this thread whom has completed riffing (merely because I am superstitious and “cursed works” aren’t something I engage with).  I was mocked on this board (no problem; that leads to robust debate) before this thread even began; is not what’s good for the goose, good for the gander? I mean, if it’s not, Johnny Depp may as well put his head in an oven right now, lol.

And for at least one team on Yewben Tewben, I have suggested that they merely get one of their crew to use an equivalent mic to match the other two mics, so as not to blow the ears out of the audience and thus levy “bad reactions” to the riffgroup as a whole; to me, that’s fair.  It’s like when we were in 9th grade in a science class “group” where 2 people were carrying the weight of a third slacker; not fair to the other two.  It’s kinda like the comic-book problem where you can have a great pencil artist and great writer ruined by a half-asrsed inker.

Meanwhile, all jokes for the nest ep, completed. All recording complete, Some editing completed.  5 jokes trashed, 3 “retro-fitted” like a hemicuda from Phantasm.

With that, all the best, mon ami. Can’t wait for you new stuff, and honestly, I am quite avid to enjoy, experience, and compliment the comedy of all the other people whom piped up on this thread.  And despite what they might think, I shall only provide whatever compliments towards their work I can, after they “produce”.  Because with the exception of Amy Schumer & Tig Notaro, there is always almost nice  things to say about other peoples’ comedy.

Best to you, compadre.

To Meat Trademark: your chosen equipment might suck, but *you* will not.  You have proven thru comments that you are funny and “think around corners”.  You might not like my attitude, but bear in mind, all I’m saying is that if you write 20 great jokes, why shoot yourself in the foot by not using the audio which will allow us to properly *hear* those jokes, and appreciate you further?

Best regards to all satirists, "Space Table!", STIFC
(May 27, 2022, 07:32 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Helles ~

I hear ya.  But to be fair, I haven’t said a bad word against any completed works created by anyone on this site, so far.  I have complimented your work, I have not said anything about the work of the other person on this thread whom has completed riffing (merely because I am superstitious and “cursed works” aren’t something I engage with).  I was mocked on this board (no problem; that leads to robust debate) before this thread even began; is not what’s good for the goose, good for the gander? I mean, if it’s not, Johnny Depp may as well put his head in an oven right now, lol.

And for at least one team on Yewben Tewben, I have suggested that they merely get one of their crew to use an equivalent mic to match the other two mics, so as not to blow the ears out of the audience and thus levy “bad reactions” to the riffgroup as a whole; to me, that’s fair.  It’s like when we were in 9th grade in a science class “group” where 2 people were carrying the weight of a third slacker; not fair to the other two.  It’s kinda like the comic-book problem where you can have a great pencil artist and great writer ruined by a half-asrsed inker.

Meanwhile, all jokes for the nest ep, completed. All recording complete, Some editing completed.  5 jokes trashed, 3 “retro-fitted” like a hemicuda from Phantasm.

With that, all the best, mon ami. Can’t wait for you new stuff, and honestly, I am quite avid to enjoy, experience, and compliment the comedy of all the other people whom piped up on this thread.  And despite what they might think, I shall only provide whatever compliments towards their work I can, after they “produce”.  Because with the exception of Amy Schumer & Tig Notaro, there is always almost nice  things to say about other peoples’ comedy.

Best to you, compadre.

To Meat Trademark: your chosen equipment might suck, but *you* will not.  You have proven thru comments that you are funny and “think around corners”.  You might not like my attitude, but bear in mind, all I’m saying is that if you write 20 great jokes, why shoot yourself in the foot by not using the audio which will allow us to properly *hear* those jokes, and appreciate you further?

Best regards to all satirists, "Space Table!", STIFC

Hey Brother, it NEVER occurred to me that you would do anything but compliment somebody that had the guts to put it out there.  That takes balls and I know you appreciate that. 

I'm new to this board and rarely even look at other threads.  I check in on this one and check when Rifftrax makes a release, but my interest is this one.  I'm eager to see what new artists can do with this genre.  So I don't know about what others have said elsewhere on this forum.  I'm happy that everybody here has been supportive and that any criticism has been constructive.

The Brain Eaters should be out today or tomorrow.

STIFC, "comedy" and Amy Schumer shouldn't appear in the same paragraph.  Same goes for Lilly Singh.  That is my ruling.

Looking forward to STIFC's new project!
Cheers, Helles, that means a ton to me!

Meanwhile, ep 1 of the next Adventure is complete, lol.  The jokes for this one make the previous jokes seem “Ellen & Buzzfeed Approved” by comparison.  Oh well.  Big Grin

It opens with Lyndson saying “Oh my gawwd, I can’t wait for the blue-haired/blue-checkmarks to get a load of this one! There’s not enough vermouth in all the world!”

Some of the riffed/original material has a long passage or two without any dialogue; quite a challenge to “fill the gap”; but thank goodness for traditional paper notebooks and pens, manageable.

Was able to work-in another Pete Davidson joke, always good-value, lol!  Also, more than three jokes directly mocking REAL fascists, rather than the d!p$h!t tikky-tokky-tardian & tweet!ot misuses of the term.

Improved the audio technique.

Worked-in a classic-era NCIS joke, har har.  Plus a 1980’s alternative/indie comics joke melded with Golden Age.  Plus a respectful jibe RE one of the greatest sci-fi authors of all time.

And found more than 6 further “obscurities” to satirise for later.  “Filling the larder for Winter”, so to speak.

Hope everyone else’s projects are going swimmingly!  W/no sarcasm, looking forward to them, and I guarantee at least three compliments per project, with no snarkies!  Embrace your mics, ppl!

Best, STIFC
Apologies to anyone waiting on my projects.

Here are the Official Excuses:

One project was with someone else and we've fallen out of touch, [in progress, in progress]
one project just got sidelined, [a "live" thing]
one I haven't figured out how to continue, [slooooow progress]
one that tries to bridge two movies [probably too stupid to continue]

and another new idea:

Maybe not an award-winning-level idea, but do a riff by elimination.
[Using the script, or better, a transcript, try to make a shorter story by blacking out certain words or concepts in the script and then edit those word/bits out of the finished movie. It will be a mess, to be sure, but an interesting one. (Deleting bits from an existing file and trying to make it listenable and coherent.)]

The biggest take-away should be that I don't have a singular project; I've got a few disparate things I plan/hope to do. Some of which will definitely be done. Others are too hopeful/hopeless without collaboration. None of my projects are necessarily related.

I love the idea of new series' of riffs. I even more love the manifestation of said ideas! I couldn't be happier about this thread!

Have I posted anything yet? No. Because it's not ready. I'm not under a dead-line. No project (including non-riff, other-life artistic projects) is top priority. Something always gets done. No fires need stoking on my end. My lawyers fear that worries that I fear people will not find my [project(s)] funny are unfounded.

I thank you for your dedication and self-arbitrated dead-lines.

Seasons are built on this principle.

Collecting seasons of things like this is why we are here.

Thank you! Keep it up! Don't make us start collecting nothing!

"gimmicky bastard" - Being John Malkovich

Here are the unOfficial Excuses:
oops
"I thank you for your dedication and self-arbitrated dead-lines."

That's a great impersonation of a teen on tweety responding to something not presented, lol, you should write that in to the next script.

Saying "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" is not arbitrary, but hey, no wukkas.

Meanwhile, ep #8 uploaded, and 24 jokes written/timed for ep#9.

And some advice to anyone else ~ be prepared for the fact that different mics often need different compression settings.  And you might need to adjust the audio of the film being riffed to make things "work out better".  Which is utterly on topic for this thread.
All jokes for ep #9 completed, recorded. More than 70. The joke density might be a bit high.

Compression slightly adjusted, as was "gate".

Editing will be "yuchhhhh".
"I thank you for your dedication and self-arbitrated dead-lines."

I thought the ENTIRE post was funny.

It was all just excuses, not reasons. I even called them excuses. (I am working on stuff more often than not.)

"That's a great impersonation of a teen on tweety responding to something not presented, lol, you should write that in to the next script."

What?!

Glad to have seasons or whatever passes as such for iRiff projects, sure.

Thanks for participating in this thread. Really. I'm glad. I welcome all participants in this thread. We need more iRiff projects in our lives.

Thank you to a bad day for the grumpiness. Sorry.
(May 31, 2022, 15:37 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: "I thank you for your dedication and self-arbitrated dead-lines."

I thought the ENTIRE post was funny.

It was all just excuses, not reasons. I even called them excuses. (I am working on stuff more often than not.)

"That's a great impersonation of a teen on tweety responding to something not presented, lol, you should write that in to the next script."

What?!

Glad to have seasons or whatever passes as such for iRiff projects, sure.

Thanks for participating in this thread. Really. I'm glad. I welcome all participants in this thread. We need more iRiff projects in our lives.

Thank you to a bad day for the grumpiness. Sorry.

I honestly cannot parse what you said here.  All I know is that I like the style of it, and want riff-comedy in that style, which has not been done by anybody else yet.  The result would be unique, and I adore "unique". Your posts are like the albums of Tangerine Dream and ELP and early King Crimson translated into words; those are three of my favourite musical groups, throughout my life.

Meanwhile, all recorded jokes of ep #9  are now "finessed"/converted to mp3's and ready to add to the scratch track.  This includes layered-tracks for character-interaction.  All the best, Meat Trademark.  And I want some Brain Eaters, dagnabbit, Helles!
(Jun 01, 2022, 15:32 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(May 31, 2022, 15:37 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Department of Redundancy Department

I honestly cannot parse what you said here.  All I know is that I like the style of it, and want riff-comedy in that style, which has not been done by anybody else yet.  The result would be unique, and I adore "unique". Your posts are like the albums of Tangerine Dream and ELP and early King Crimson translated into words; those are three of my favourite musical groups, throughout my life.

Meanwhile, all recorded jokes of ep #9  are now "finessed"/converted to mp3's and ready to add to the scratch track.  This includes layered-tracks for character-interaction.  All the best, Meat Trademark.  And I want some Brain Eaters, dagnabbit, Helles!

The portion you quoted is missing me being rude. Parse to your heart's content and further but I fear it will get you no further than the equivalent of page two of Finnegans Wake, should there be a page two, being the circular [thing] that it is {seems to be (G.S. and E-Prime®)}.

I edited out things I decided didn't need to be said but didn't bother to rewrite anything, because BAH! Sure, it made more sense, but it was not the director's cut. (Yeah, learned that one from Lucas. Lucas Haas. (It was an online Forum Posting Seminar hosted by Haas sponsored by Paas, last Easter. (True story. (The seminar is true, not Easter. I don't believe in Easter. (Okay, the seminar was fake, too.)))))

I hope that clears things up.
The Brain Eaters is finally complete. A migraine took me out of the game this weekend, that's why I didn't get it out for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/LXy_PARpTC0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,700 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,591 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,353 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,863 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,737 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt