Personal Riff Projects
Here is a Mega link to my riff of "It! The Terror From Beyond Space": https://mega.nz/file/la8kzJBJ#earH-qnB57...-UxGSN_RVA
Right on!
good job, Helles!

btw, regarding Dailymotion,

I use Firefox, and if I watch Helles' stuff using the "private window" function, I get no ads.
Currently setting out on project #2.  Thank goodness for "Handbrake", lol; solves a lot of issues, seems solid.  Good, sturdy conversion to mp4 and not too slow on the exporting, either.

Hoping Tardisjockey is motoring-on w/his riff-project.

Lots of contenders for which material is best to satirize next.  Might be some trippy 1970's stuff, might be a wonderfully cheesy "monster-classic", but will probably be something I mentioned to Helles, since Buzzfeed would loathe it, lol.

It won't be Solaris.  *wink*

Best to all helping to carry on with this noble art form.
(May 23, 2022, 21:07 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Currently setting out on project #2.  Thank goodness for "Handbrake", lol; solves a lot of issues, seems solid.  Good, sturdy conversion to mp4 and not too slow on the exporting, either.

Lots of contenders for which material is best to satirize next.  Might be some trippy 1970's stuff, might be a wonderfully cheesy "monster-classic", but will probably be something I mentioned to Helles, since Buzzfeed would loathe it, lol.

Glad to hear the break is over!
(May 23, 2022, 22:22 pm)Helles Wrote:
(May 23, 2022, 21:07 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Currently setting out on project #2.  Thank goodness for "Handbrake", lol; solves a lot of issues, seems solid.  Good, sturdy conversion to mp4 and not too slow on the exporting, either.

Cheers, but remember that I need more Helles' Comedy, too, to help me "motor-on"!  Can't do this alone, compadre!  And as of this "current date" it seems you and I (aside from one other individual) seem to be the only folks putting in the effort to make finished product.  No evidence to the contrary.

Gonna roll w/the b/w stuff I mentioned to you privately; it'll take a long time, but "worth it".  The audio will be an issue; it's as bad or worse than the stuff you've seen, so I'll need to compensate "more" with what my characters "say".  But unlike what tweetiots can't understand, sometimes the extra effort is key to the final result.

...versus a Spongebobian watching re-runs of Nick at Night in their Jammies, lol.

As of now, more than 70 new jokes written. 

45 of which for "layering" o'er "original material".

Hope "Mocking Infantino Person" approves, lmao.
(Mar 26, 2022, 16:52 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: I forget who recently said they were working on a new riff project, but I am also trying to get in the game.

That was probably me. It's been delayed due to studio issues (i.e.: lack of one) but I'm still hoping to launch that series by the end of this year. I've got a couple of other non-riff series I'm also working on and they will probably get launched first.

But a thread for riffing projects by forum members isn't a bad idea.
A series sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing/hearing more projects, and can only hope my projects can get back on track. End of the year is about what I'm shooting for, also. I want at least one done by '23. I rewrite too much, and that'll be especially sad if I finally release a riff and it sucks. So it goes...
Sad to hear a project from a fellow DW fan has been delayed til the end of the year. Suckage. But I am sure it'll be worth the wait!
(May 24, 2022, 11:38 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(May 23, 2022, 22:22 pm)Helles Wrote:

Cheers, but remember that I need more Helles' Comedy, too, to help me "motor-on"!  Can't do this alone, compadre!  And as of this "current date" it seems you and I (aside from one other individual) seem to be the only folks putting in the effort to make finished product.  No evidence to the contrary.

Gonna roll w/the b/w stuff I mentioned to you privately; it'll take a long time, but "worth it".  The audio will be an issue; it's as bad or worse than the stuff you've seen, so I'll need to compensate "more" with what my characters "say".  But unlike what tweetiots can't understand, sometimes the extra effort is key to the final result.

...versus a Spongebobian watching re-runs of Nick at Night in their Jammies, lol.

As of now, more than 70 new jokes written. 

45 of which for "layering" o'er "original material".

Hope "Mocking Infantino Person" approves, lmao.

More is coming from me.  I pledge to finish Brain Eaters this week.  I've been working on another YouTube channel idea that I will put on hold until Brain Eaters is uploaded.

It sounds like your break wasn't very long amigo.  You've made excellent progress in the interval since Ape was completed.

I don't know if we're the only ones putting in the effort toward making a finished product.  Perhaps even with the anonymity afforded with the internet, there are those reluctant or nervous to present their work for critique.  I understand that.  Nobody wants to be told they suck.  I doubt that would happen on this backwater thread, but on YT perhaps.  All I can say is, "Be brave."

(May 24, 2022, 14:13 pm)Tardisjockey Wrote:
(Mar 26, 2022, 16:52 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: I forget who recently said they were working on a new riff project, but I am also trying to get in the game.

That was probably me. It's been delayed due to studio issues (i.e.: lack of one) but I'm still hoping to launch that series by the end of this year. I've got a couple of other non-riff series I'm also working on and they will probably get launched first.

But a thread for riffing projects by forum members isn't a bad idea.

I haven't let the lack of a studio stop me. lol  Of course the lack of a studio is also apparent in my work.

(May 24, 2022, 16:04 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: A series sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing/hearing more projects, and can only hope my projects can get back on track. End of the year is about what I'm shooting for, also. I want at least one done by '23. I rewrite too much, and that'll be especially sad if I finally release a riff and it sucks. So it goes...

I don't know what is preventing your projects from getting on track.  It could be many things.  But don't let the fear of your riff "sucking" stop you or cause you to overthink and constantly rewrite.  The only reason any of us has considered or completed a riff is because in our daily lives we are considered funny.  We have been able to make those around us laugh.  Go for it.  Be your funny self and people will laugh.

I'm sure I have a lot more time to devote to producing riffs than you do.  But if you put your head down and made it a priority, I'll bet you could get one out in a month or less.  I hope I don't sound like a riff junkie looking for a fresh fix.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,703 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,598 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,362 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,870 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,743 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt