Personal Riff Projects
(Apr 20, 2022, 16:20 pm)Miss Martian Wrote: Love that! I will always aim for Gracie Allen meets Katherine Hepburn... but I'd be happy to just be in the same zipcode as Gilda Radner, Andrea Martin, Jane Seymore, or Katherine O'Hara. Truth be told I'm probably more like Josie Long meets Parker Posey. But THANK YOU! Your words mean a lot. Now back to the grindstone!!

On tangentially related news, I had an article I wrote about the Moon Knight series (that I'm rather proud of) published while I was away!

Love Andrea, Katherine and Parker.

Congrats on your article.
Helles, you're killing it. Even got the nice branding intro. I've enjoyed your work and would only add beware of copyrights even when it feels safe. While films fall into the public domain, it is still possible to copyright a print that has been manipulated, usually via remastering and cleanup purposes. No constructive criticism, just be careful.

I have a new project, hopefully, to replace my old weird one. It's almost identical in approach, but different enough to facilitate the growth necessary to sustain flow and ease of enjoyment. (Man, that sentence did me no favors. Thanks, Obama!) (I've even got a back-up plan if I can get it green-lit! Fingers crossed!)

I look forward to all the new projects in development.
Well, that means we have fab things to look forward to: Meat Trademark's stuff, Madame Martian's Stuff, and the third slice of joy-cake from Helles! 

After too many hours, I finally completed my utterly-low-rent graphics for my intro's, (I loved the low-rent intro's for early MST3K), now incorporated into initial clips. At least after some sleep, I can write more stuff/record more stuff; the fun part.

Thank you to all whom are throwing their hats into the ring!  And TardisJockey, most-avid for your own riff-joint!
(Apr 24, 2022, 19:24 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Helles, you're killing it. Even got the nice branding intro. I've enjoyed your work and would only add beware of copyrights even when it feels safe. While films fall into the public domain, it is still possible to copyright a print that has been manipulated, usually via remastering and cleanup purposes. No constructive criticism, just be careful.

I have a new project, hopefully, to replace my old weird one. It's almost identical in approach, but different enough to facilitate the growth necessary to sustain flow and ease of enjoyment. (Man, that sentence did me no favors. Thanks, Obama!)  (I've even got a back-up plan if I can get it green-lit! Fingers crossed!)

Thanks Meat!  Thanks for the copyright heads up.

Looking forward to seeing the work goin' on around here.

(Apr 25, 2022, 10:20 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Well, that means we have fab things to look forward to: Meat Trademark's stuff, Madame Martian's Stuff, and the third slice of joy-cake from Helles! 

After too many hours, I finally completed my utterly-low-rent graphics for my intro's, (I loved the low-rent intro's for early MST3K), now incorporated into initial clips. At least after some sleep, I can write more stuff/record more stuff; the fun part.

Thank you to all whom are throwing their hats into the ring!  And TardisJockey, most-avid for your own riff-joint!

Finished the script for "It!" just now.  I'll go over it again tomorrow and hopefully get it recorded and uploaded.

"Low-rent" graphics?  Uh, you did see my intro and outro, right?
(Apr 25, 2022, 21:36 pm)Helles Wrote:
(Apr 24, 2022, 19:24 pm)Meat Trademark Wrote: Helles, you're killing it. Even got the nice branding intro. I've enjoyed your work and would only add beware of copyrights even when it feels safe. While films fall into the public domain, it is still possible to copyright a print that has been manipulated, usually via remastering and cleanup purposes. No constructive criticism, just be careful.

I have a new project, hopefully, to replace my old weird one. It's almost identical in approach, but different enough to facilitate the growth necessary to sustain flow and ease of enjoyment. (Man, that sentence did me no favors. Thanks, Obama!)  (I've even got a back-up plan if I can get it green-lit! Fingers crossed!)

Thanks Meat!  Thanks for the copyright heads up.

Looking forward to seeing the work goin' on around here.

(Apr 25, 2022, 10:20 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: Well, that means we have fab things to look forward to: Meat Trademark's stuff, Madame Martian's Stuff, and the third slice of joy-cake from Helles! 

Finished the script for "It!" just now.  I'll go over it again tomorrow and hopefully get it recorded and uploaded.

"Low-rent" graphics?  Uh, you did see my intro and outro, right?

Nah dude, mine are worse, seriously. 

I am so amped for "IT!" !  I've been wanting that film riffed since 1991!  And only the "Johnny Quest" Generation can do it justice!  Rock on!
Okay, "It!" should be up momentarily. You have all been so supportive, I hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/QMJ2XlFthQs

PS. Meat Trademark might have been seeing into my future. YouTube has blocked this riff. Copyright. Well, that was fun.
(Apr 26, 2022, 23:49 pm)Helles Wrote: Okay, "It!" should be up momentarily.  You have all been so supportive, I hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/QMJ2XlFthQs

PS. Meat Trademark might have been seeing into my future.  YouTube has blocked this riff.  Copyright.  Well, that was fun.

put it on dailymotion; that site reallllly couldn't give a poop emoji, it allows Star Trek TNG, lol.

and btw, MGM, FUCK YOU, since you you cared so much about copyright that you sold off over HALF of your catalogue.

Pick a lane and STAY in it you c0ckless LA cheese-crotches.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I saw this thread and couldn’t help but think if not now then when?

This isn’t exactly a riff, more an artifact of a weird coping strategy for a terrible year. Myself and a couple comics that were quarantined in New York during 2020 spent way too much time putting this weird Zoom movie together to keep sane. It’s about a meathead Joe Rogan acolyte and his nerdy buddy in the post-apocalypse running the world’s last podcast out of Lance Bass’ secret underground fallout shelter beneath the Gold’s Gym in Orlando, Florida. 

Spoiler alert for those that watch this for a few minutes and find it tedious: This is an aggressively hard watch. It’s almost a hundred minutes long when it should be under forty.

The problem was this film was made during 2020, so none of use were thinking straight to begin with, let alone contemplating how many friends and family members I would personally lose during the production and editing process. So many family members that by the end, I assumed the whole project was haunted and the next cut I made into the movie would be unto my very soul. …that and my copy of Premiere expired. So the version we’re left with is kinda flabby. There’s a lot of bad continuity errors and wonky edits—easily fixed, but again, I’m too much of a coward to go back now. I only have so few family members left to give, and I fear the reaper’s next swing of the scythe will take them, or me.

That said, I do truly believe if anyone gets to the end of this movie… it kinda works? I think? I’ve had very little feedback on that because no one I know has actually made it that far, which you feel would be feedback enough—but now I’ve found the only audience I can think of that would be willing to sit though this attempt at a movie to find the very nice nougaty core we tried to put in there. 

At the very least, if any of you manage to slog it out, I hope you’ll find it a slightly better experience than Roller Gator. And what can anyone that makes art say at the end of the day than, “I think I’ve slightly improved on Roller Gator?”

The Last Podcast Ever.
Hi, Doug:

I finished target earth earlier and thank you! You're a gem, that was a hoot, I loled
Bummer about It!, please do try dailymotion as it'd be a shame to miss

I'll be a squeaky wheel, I vote for a separate riffs by doug thread for all one's riffs by doug needs, such as:
"Dear Riffs by Doug, did Doug's dog sense evil and bark before the one actor tried mounting the defenseless car engine in Target Earth"

p.s. Please don't shut up
The one thing about dailymotion is the limit on the clip/vid length, but let's be honest; if the comedy is great, would anyone other than a Spongebobian boof-head really care about watching something in 2 parts, or at a lower resolution?  Look at the original resolution of The Crawling Eye & The Black Scorpion by MST3K!  If you need more than 1080 p to enjoy a bunch of jokes, you are the joke.  Look at 1960's BBC material, for $#!'s sake.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,813 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,705 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,550 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,999 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,875 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt