Personal Riff Projects
(Apr 15, 2022, 22:14 pm)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote:
(Apr 15, 2022, 09:44 am)Helles Wrote:
(Apr 15, 2022, 00:32 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: mbWILK28:  That is a post on this forum I respect GREATLY.  Thanks you for sharing that.  Very generous, very respectful to the comedy-process, both “at home” and “professionally”.  Well done.  Thank you for being informative, and supporting.

Helles, the 30 edited/“finalized” jokes are for only less than 5 minutes of screen time, lol, not “the full she-bang”, lol.  The thing I’m working on is her 25 minutes.  LOT OF JOKES LEFT TO MAKE, to complete, lol.

Probably too much work for “Austiners”, lmao.

Five minutes, but not five contiguous minutes, right?  Or are you on pace to end up with over 150 jokes in 25 minutes? 

In any case, get crackin' Tex!  lol

No big deal, but in post #17 I stated that I used Openshot.  I tried to open Openshot but couldn't find it on my computer!  Turns out I actually use Shotcut.  Duhhhh.

Lol @ "Tex", big points for using "contiguous", and yeah, been crackin'!

I have around 25 jokes "finalized/synched" running from the opening frames of the feature to before the 5 minute mark. (I ditched a few).

Looking-forward to your next stuff, man! /Old-school Hippie Peace Sign emoji

Wow, 25 jokes in the first five minutes!  That's epic.  Ditched some too.  Yeah, that happens to me too.

Okay, "Target Earth" just got uploaded.  Now I can go back to "It!"  I really like that movie. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1tHjsY2AU

P.S. I missed three jokes while I was recording. I actually recorded them in post and figured out how to drop them in. Easier than I thought.

(Apr 16, 2022, 10:04 am)Meat Trademark Wrote: I'm deeply saddened to report I've reached something of an impasse on my project.

I need to get away from it a while, but fear that won't help. I fear it is dead.
Me: "Maybe for your first attempt at [this kind of riff project] don't go for Mount Everest."

I'll figure it out, give up, or solicit help. "Such a sadness," as David Lynch said about [not my project].

I haven't revisited/worked on FAIR GAME for too many moons now, but have no worries there. Made to be riffed, that one.
For a little while I got my friend David into it, but that fell to the wayside for more reasons than worth accounting here. I still plan to use a handful of his jokes and his outlook (as much as someone outside can guess) in the project.

I'm glad to hear about so many new riff projects! It's been about 30 years for me being a fan of MST3K. My girlfriend(?) Pat and I would watch MST on Friday nights and then X-Files came on and we would riff it.
To be clear: we were big-time fans of The X-Files. I recorded the show on VHS. (Got 7 to a tape a few times by clipping the commercials and recording at the slowest speed.) We w
ere just in riffing mode. Sorry, Sculder.

Sorry I haven't been active here recently; I've been beating a dead horse, apparently.

Perhaps set it aside, work on something else and come back to it?  You probably just need a fresh perspective.  "...girlfriend(?) Pat.."  LOL  See? Ya got it in ya!
@Helles - this is EXACTLY what I need this Easter, already laughed twice by the end of "minute 2"!  Thanks, man!  And in terms of output, you are the "real" Barry Allen! (not the "tv soap opera fake/crap" one!)
(Apr 17, 2022, 01:48 am)SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap Wrote: @Helles - this is EXACTLY what I need this Easter, already laughed twice by the end of "minute 2"!  Thanks, man!  And in terms of output, you are the "real" Barry Allen! (not the "tv soap opera fake/crap" one!)

SuspiriaTrumpsItFollowsCrap, I hope you like it!  I'd like to get "It!" done by the end of the week, but I've got a lot of work left.
Exciting! I'm looking forward to your 2nd riff Doug, thanks for sharing. It's on my fun To Do, following some nba playoffs.

I think you deserve your own thread, a Riffs by Doug repository, suppose? It'd also be cool to see a 'personal riffs' sticky but that would be an admin thing?

Many happy returns
(Apr 18, 2022, 21:36 pm)NotRichBatman Wrote: Exciting! I'm looking forward to your 2nd riff Doug, thanks for sharing. It's on my fun To Do, following some nba playoffs.

I think you deserve your own thread, a Riffs by Doug repository, suppose? It'd also be cool to see a 'personal riffs' sticky but that would be an admin thing?

Many happy returns

Thanks NotRichBatman!  I hope you enjoy it!

All the best!
Doug
Now that I'm out of jail... I have a project or two I've also been working on. Some of the people here already know about it. One of which should see fruition within the month!
(Apr 19, 2022, 19:14 pm)Miss Martian Wrote: Now that I'm out of jail... I have a project or two I've also been working on. Some of the people here already know about it. One of which should see fruition within the month!

Nice!!
btw Helles, shot you a PM last night.

(Apr 19, 2022, 19:14 pm)Miss Martian Wrote: Now that I'm out of jail... I have a project or two I've also been working on. Some of the people here already know about it. One of which should see fruition within the month!

Current comedy needs more “Baroque”, vs Rococo.  Your posts are Baroque, therefore...

As a youngster, I saw Wendy Pini cosplaying on Red Sonja on national TV, and thought “We need her to make a comic, please God, inspire HER to make a comic book.”

Shortly after, she launched Elfquest.  I bought/enjoyed every issue until Madam Pini stopped her full penciling.  To be honest, I was saddened when she stopped inking her own work.

In many ways, making comics is like riffcomedy.  

In that regard, I when read your posts, despite our differences, I see the elegance within the composition, and I am taken back to that moment where I first bespied Wendy Pini on TV.

And I am hoping (confident) that you - via comedy, as a woman - will do with your project, what Wendy did for 5 years of Elfquest.  Which in my opinion, elevated comics-as-a-whole.

Please live up to Lucille, to Phyllis, to Ali Wong, and live up to someone younger than you: Demi Lardner.  Please don’t merely “Schumer” it.  Or “Tig Notaro” it.  As a woman, you owe the legacy of the funniest women of the past-century - Ginger, Buzzi, Kahn, Drescher - more than that.

Do well.  Not “do easiest”. You owe it to yourself. 

Looking forward to the results.
Love that! I will always aim for Gracie Allen meets Katherine Hepburn... but I'd be happy to just be in the same zipcode as Gilda Radner, Andrea Martin, Jane Seymore, or Katherine O'Hara. Truth be told I'm probably more like Josie Long meets Parker Posey. But THANK YOU! Your words mean a lot. Now back to the grindstone!!

On tangentially related news, I had an article I wrote about the Moon Knight series (that I'm rather proud of) published while I was away!
(Apr 20, 2022, 16:20 pm)Miss Martian Wrote: Love that! I will always aim for Gracie Allen meets Katherine Hepburn... but I'd be happy to just be in the same zipcode as Gilda Radner, Andrea Martin, Jane Seymore, or Katherine O'Hara. Truth be told I'm probably more like Josie Long meets Parker Posey. But THANK YOU! Your words mean a lot. Now back to the grindstone!!

On tangentially related news, I had an article I wrote about the Moon Knight series (that I'm rather proud of) published while I was away!

Happy with "Josie Long" as long as you put in some Josie & The Pussycats, too!  (Which dovetails with your Parker Posey ref; I adore P.P. as well).

and Catherine O'Hara has been a massive fave of mine from even before Beetlejuice; she's been a fab VO actress for longer than most people online have been shaving.  Plus, cheers to your article being published!  Moonie is a great character.

Rock on, Madame, keep the head high, the bar high, and the overhead-expenses low! (except when buying a mic, lol)

Helles was *very* kind in his review of my first entry, thanks man!  Part 2 is completed, shall be uploaded soon!  The joke density and proper-editing is destroying me, lol.  I don't even like hardcore joke density, ack!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIIIGHWAYY TO THE Top Gun: Maverick riff savindwales 1 2,702 Nov 10, 2023, 19:35 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Movie riff suggestion Dr. Nobody 0 2,594 Sep 28, 2023, 03:05 am
Last Post: Dr. Nobody
  [REQ] Star Trek Motion &Star Trek Nemises riff cousinbow 12 6,358 Sep 03, 2023, 18:47 pm
Last Post: DoctorChimera
  A Very Merry Riff-mas (with Bridget and Mary Jo) peephalk 8 12,865 Aug 22, 2023, 13:36 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  JURASSIC UNIVERSE(Riff Compilation) Jurassic Pee 3 4,740 Jun 16, 2023, 19:48 pm
Last Post: kkt