Pay for play codecs?
This is probably the wrong place to post this, but I was trying to download the latest South Park episode and had trouble playing it.

My guess is some jerk uploaded a file that needed a 'Pay for play' codec... The torrent was deleted from the site soon after I downloaded it.

Anyway, do people who do that get banned, I hope?

Also, I guess this might  be hard to do, but how about scanning for such codecs automatically? Smile

Thanks,

F
The new season of South Park isn't broadcast until later tonight, so any torrent claiming to be S19E01, is fake. It's wise to check before downloading something, if the tv show/movie has actually been aired/released.

http://epguides.com/SouthPark/
Before I download something, I usually check to see if the uploader has uploaded something else previously.

If they have done so previously, chances are they're legit.

if they haven't, it's a tossup.

Not a 100% rule but something to keep in mine.
(Sep 16, 2015, 10:37 am)Spud17 Wrote: The new season of South Park isn't broadcast until later tonight, so any torrent claiming to be S19E01, is fake. It's wise to check before downloading something, if the tv show/movie has actually been aired/released.

http://epguides.com/SouthPark/

Ah, you're right... I saw a review of the new episode online, but I guess the press gets them early!

(Sep 16, 2015, 11:36 am)KatSucks Wrote: Before I download something, I usually check to see if the uploader has uploaded something else previously.  

If they have done so previously, chances are they're legit.

if they haven't, it's a tossup.

Not a 100% rule but something to keep in mine.

Yes, that's a good idea, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will I be scammed if I pay for this ebook on how to make money with Reddit? LadyAnn2 15 20,816 Sep 16, 2021, 17:27 pm
Last Post: waregim
  All about Shadow Puppets or Shadow Play (id: Wayang Kulit) theSEMAR 5 13,450 Mar 18, 2021, 13:08 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  K-Lite Codecs: What does it Stand for? RobertX 2 9,490 Sep 27, 2020, 04:52 am
Last Post: Q91
  Codecs RONALD 9 17,230 May 28, 2019, 19:01 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Codecs RONALD 3 12,436 Nov 23, 2018, 04:34 am
Last Post: Spud17