Old setup of uTurrent with some TOR
Yes, I read it here that you shouldn't configure your torrent client through TOR but I have this old setup, I have found the instructions for it on the Internet 1000 years ago, which clearly stated it will not transfer my whole torrent traffic through TOR, only the headers.

Which seems reasonable, since I can still download torrents with multiple seeders with Gigabit speed. That is not possible through torrent, right? My setup surely uses TOR in some way, shape or form since until I start the TOR client, seeding and leeching will not work.

Questions: is this still a good setup then? If so, where can I find the step-by-step guide, so when I need to reinstall the machine I can replicate it.
It's possible to configure uTorrent to use proxies (incl. Tor) for tracker communications only. That's what you're thinking about.

It's intended for the situation where your ISP, for example, has blocked your access to, say, openbittorrent.com

You can do it via Tor, and it won't hurt the Tor network, but it's completely pointless if (as I suspect) you're simply trying to avoid having your IP address harvested. The harvesting happens via the peer-to-peer connections, which the setup doesn't protect.

tl; dr = it isn't worth doing
Gotcha! Thanks, Hary1946!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to load up for some of the torrents crazy_anon 2 3,751 May 22, 2023, 02:19 am
Last Post: crazy_anon
  Will the old apps work after a Windows re-install? rezwaki 2 5,071 Dec 19, 2022, 13:34 pm
Last Post: rezwaki
  TPB not working in Tor but okay in Firefox HenryCan 2 9,400 Jan 15, 2022, 08:47 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Why won't TOR connect? HenryCan 0 6,897 Jan 15, 2022, 07:34 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Tor Browser not working well in Windows 10 HenryCan 1 8,532 Dec 04, 2021, 18:32 pm
Last Post: anonemoose