News: Father calls cops on son, cops end up shooting son to death
I hate cops as a rule, but there are exceptions to every rule. I even hated them before half of the El Monte P.D. dragged me hogtied on my face and shoulder across 100 feet of asphalt. Yes, they are the enforcement appendage of the government, but, even more so, of the ruling class. They patrol rich neighborhoods at a far higher per capita ratio than the ghettos or burbs. This might be a justified shooting. About the only good reason to call the cops is to prevent having to do something that will cause the caller to go to prison for.
I hate fucking cops.
This shooting was justified, IMO.

Everyone rails against the police all the time. It is the cool thing to do. But if they weren't around, you wouldn't like how things would turn out. I guarantee it.
(Nov 12, 2013, 20:03 pm)joew771 Wrote: This shooting was justified, IMO.

Everyone rails against the police all the time. It is the cool thing to do. But if they weren't around, you wouldn't like how things would turn out. I guarantee it.

We really don't know that do we? Think about it, they've always been around. No one can really say things would be worst if they don't have anything to compare it to.

Personally I'm willing to try and see what it would be like. I think that if there were no police then everyone would have to take responsibility for their own personal safety. I also think that everyone would suddenly become far more polite and careful about offending others. Perhaps even more helpful towards their neighbors because afterall, if someone gets into trouble they might need the help of their friends.
I think you're simply living the anarchist pipe dream, where everyone is nice to each other...just because. Pretty much every person whom I've ever met, who espouses similar views, also thinks he's Billy Badass, and can protect himself in any situation.

Too bad that guy who wants to take your shit/rape your wife/eat your daughter has a rifle with a scope, and you don't even know he's there. Or he merely has 1,000 friends with him. Or whatever.

Not going to happen. Not in a million years. Even if you got rid of all of the police, we'd simply have to invent some other organization with a different name, that does the same damn thing.
(Nov 13, 2013, 01:48 am)Bozobub Wrote: I think you're simply living the anarchist pipe dream, where everyone is nice to each other...just because. Pretty much every person whom I've ever met, who espouses similar views, also thinks he's Billy Badass, and can protect himself in any situation.

Too bad that guy who wants to take your shit/rape your wife/eat your daughter has a rifle with a scope, and you don't even know he's there. Or he merely has 1,000 friends with him. Or whatever.

Not going to happen. Not in a million years. Even if you got rid of all of the police, we'd simply have to invent some other organization with a different name, that does the same damn thing.

I had cancer as a child and I never fully developed because of it and the chemo drugs. I'm about 40lbs under weight, I get tired and out of breath really easily and I need to use my mobility scooter for long walks in the park with my girlfriend.

So I assure you that I don't think I'm billy badass. But I do have a conceal and carry permit and I don't leave my home without a gun. Still I never go looking for trouble, I always mind my own business and I'm always very polite to everyone especially when they're loud mouth assholes to me.
If he doesn't have any weapons there is no reason to kill him. Don't they have non-lethal weapons for situations like this? Also they do have a gun that disables the vehicle. But he did ram the cops so I suppose he was asking for trouble.
(Nov 13, 2013, 07:30 am)AN0N2097 Wrote: If he doesn't have any weapons there is no reason to kill him. Don't they have non-lethal weapons for situations like this? Also they do have a gun that disables the vehicle. But he did ram the cops so I suppose he was asking for trouble.
He had a lethal weapon: A TWO-TON SUV. And he was using it as one.

People, do you really think you can get away with assaulting a police officer with just about ANY weapon, while in the process of committing a felony?

Here's a completely ridiculous example, that nevertheless shows the flaws in "he didn't have a weapon": What if he was heading directly for the President? Or for that matter, any world leader?
(Nov 13, 2013, 13:20 pm)Bozobub Wrote: What if he was heading directly for the President? Or for that matter, any world leader?

I would clear the path for him.
(Nov 13, 2013, 13:49 pm)Vintage television Wrote:
(Nov 13, 2013, 13:20 pm)Bozobub Wrote: What if he was heading directly for the President? Or for that matter, any world leader?

I would clear the path for him.
Ah. In other words, you know perfectly well that your stance is untenable by most of society. I see.
(Nov 13, 2013, 14:19 pm)Bozobub Wrote: Ah. In other words, you know perfectly well that your stance is untenable by most of society. I see.

I'm not a revolutionary. I just don't like the police, the government or industrialized food. So all I want in life is to be left in peace. Unfortunately it seems that being left alone is becoming harder to do in life. Sooooo like watching football match I cheer for my favorite team, only in this case I would be dancing for joy to see a world leader get smeered.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWS Naked Ukrainian Man & His Severed Head CheGuevera 1 10,873 Feb 07, 2021, 06:29 am
Last Post: dueda
  Shooting In The Dark SolaceFiend 3 11,308 Dec 09, 2019, 07:27 am
Last Post: SolaceFiend
  Life After Death - What You Believe In? Kotter 8 22,598 Feb 05, 2019, 13:55 pm
Last Post: politux
  Student's Story About Shooting A Pet Dinosaur With A Gun Ends In Suspension, Arrest Mike 5 16,133 May 04, 2017, 12:30 pm
Last Post: SeaDog
  live stream world news? collinwo 1 11,981 Apr 28, 2016, 07:51 am
Last Post: stormium