Shooting In The Dark
I'm a return user of the dark web, and am having slight difficult navigating, as I so often do in the beginning. I've managed to accrue a handful of folders of bookmarks, for search engines, for directories, for hub sites (sites that serve the role of torrent sites/forums), and etc. That being said, apart from washing up on the shores of TPB, and this esteemed forum as a result, i'm suprised to find very little action in the way of a torrenting community. So many different markets (of which I'm not particularly interested in) are being catered to in this depth of the web, yet bittorrent communities seem hard to find.

When I first ventured into the Dark Web, it was when the old websites Kat (Kick Ass Torrents), Extra Torrents, and numerous other popular domains were still alive and kicking. Before TPB was targeted, before ExtraTorrents, and later KAT fell, the Clear Web was very easy for having "flagship" websites. At this time, the flagships have been 1337x, rarbg, rutracker, TPB is still alive, and etc. However, they are always susceptible to being taken down by organizations one day (well, besides TPB of course).

And Rarbg has been down for me for a very long time. I keep getting pings and connection requests timing out. And RUTracker? The Web says its up and online, but I can't seem to connect to that one either. With that in mind, I would think more torrenting websites would have Onion-based servers that could not be tracked, and could not be taken down as easily, yet the only one I can seem to find is TPB, and by connection, this esteemed forum. So, are there any directories, pinned posts, or domains of any level where I might be able to find the existing, thriving torrenting domains/communities? I am a member of a clear-web tracker, and private trackers are not so much what I am referring to in this case.
I think what you are witnessing is that the community is shrinking, for a number of reasons:

1. The younger folk are being dumbed down by the toy phones and pods. To them P2P is Facebook (or their current social media distraction).

2. The media has declared war on the Warez scene. Pink slips are going out to folk who may know how to use uTorrent, but have no clue as to what a VPN is, or how to use it. And if they do try it, have no clue as to how to maintain it ir secure it.

3. Some ISPs are starting to relentlessly block P2P, either sites or throttling, some even trying anti-VPN techniques. Even attacks agains the TOR site. The latest trick is screwing with 'certificate' crap. Its so bad, that I have even had problems accessing my own site. TPB is sometimes down for days at a time.

4.The warez sites have whored thesselves out a bit too far. The nasty ads and even miners are just too much for some folk who do not know how to block all the crap. Many are just fronts for trying to get hapless saps to pay good money for access to stuff at Mega style upload sites. The most nauseating sh!t on earth.

5. Sporge. Waves and waves of booger spew, like on Usenet. The mods here usually kill it within a reasonable amount of time, but N00bs looking for 'new' crap are going to be crucified by it. And not come back.

6. Technical proficiency. Similar to #1, but here those with basic desktop skills trying to use Apps and Games which require patches and cracks which the typical user has no clue as to how to apply. And their 'Internet Suites' will flag as boogers, even when they are fine.

7. Entropy of the Scene. Warez was for a while a serious competitive sport. But then the groups started getting busted, much went underground, and alot seemd to fizzle away due to lack of competitive spirit. Also due to the fact that alot of the Scene was driven by Southeast Asian DVD bootleggers. But with that market evaporating (do people actually *buy* DVDs these days? ) another brick in that wall has been removed.

Overall, the entire korporate world is determined to eradicate the 'software liberation' movement. And only those with fairly technical skills can navigate these seas where the vampire squids are hunting the skull and crossbones. I believe the newer hardware and Win10 crap is even more hostile (I dont use them normally). So we may be a vanishing breed, and this (Suprabay) may be somewhat of a last port of call.
Rarbg is up:

https://rarbgaccess.org

I use TOR to access it.
Thanks for the responses. It's a little humorous and saddening that the Warez community is shrinking, even in the deep web, where literally ever other market from high-caliber rifles, to .... uncommon entertainment media are catered to. :\

Thanks for the rarbg link tho, I added it to my bookmarks directory. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Mode? cgenvoy 6 901 Mar 25, 2024, 14:20 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Student's Story About Shooting A Pet Dinosaur With A Gun Ends In Suspension, Arrest Mike 5 16,131 May 04, 2017, 12:30 pm
Last Post: SeaDog
  Selling Fear: The First US School Installs A Shooting Detection System Mike 5 17,532 Nov 17, 2014, 15:16 pm
Last Post: kjf
  Announcing The Dark Mail Alliance – Founded by Silent Circle & Lavabit mindcrasher 0 10,047 Dec 07, 2013, 16:02 pm
Last Post: mindcrasher
  News: Father calls cops on son, cops end up shooting son to death Xern0n 30 55,086 Nov 20, 2013, 04:30 am
Last Post: Manglenn