Making large music torrents is hard work
All i can say is, thankyou for vol. 89 to 100 as i have the others and you are right, could you imagine the sheer size if they were Lossless files.. I am half deaf anyway and all going on a mini SD card for a small ghetto blaster set at random for the garage work shed, i might even transcode lol the whole lot to V2 yet and create one folder for all tracks...

MP3 in small speakers is rarely any different to lossless, lossless is more of a storage/backup or for when creating CD for the Car or so.... Smile

But thanks again Smile
(May 12, 2021, 17:57 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(May 12, 2021, 17:45 pm)Anoid Wrote: I would prefer to have the collection in lossless format, FLAC/ALAC

Good luck with that considering I made it about 12/13 years ago. Besides I really don't usually get on the lossless bandwagon.  Listening to mp3 or FLAC, makes very little difference to the human ear.  There's those who claim they can hear it.  It's more about making a statement.  There are videos on youtube where people are put to the test listening on headphones and are asked to choose whether they believe either mp3 and FLAC and in a lot of cases they get it wrong, some say the mp3 is FLAC and vice versa.  If playing on a good DAC really there's not much difference.  I have a very good mp3 player with good EQ and it sounds very nice as the DAC is quality.

some have poor hearing perspective while I use high quality sound systems. I find MP3 to be weak with cymbals etc
(Jun 01, 2021, 01:52 am)Anoid Wrote:
(May 12, 2021, 17:57 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(May 12, 2021, 17:45 pm)Anoid Wrote: I would prefer to have the collection in lossless format, FLAC/ALAC

Good luck with that considering I made it about 12/13 years ago. Besides I really don't usually get on the lossless bandwagon.  Listening to mp3 or FLAC, makes very little difference to the human ear.  There's those who claim they can hear it.  It's more about making a statement.  There are videos on youtube where people are put to the test listening on headphones and are asked to choose whether they believe either mp3 and FLAC and in a lot of cases they get it wrong, some say the mp3 is FLAC and vice versa.  If playing on a good DAC really there's not much difference.  I have a very good mp3 player with good EQ and it sounds very nice as the DAC is quality.

some have poor hearing perspective while I use high quality sound systems. I find MP3 to be weak with cymbals etc

There is also another problem with Flac lossless that I should mention.  When I made these 2 collections years ago, back then in that time I did a lot of tagging work which took me ages but I found that the tagging work was much better when working with mp3 rather than Flac.  Flac was okay but there was some major issues that I discovered which is why I wouldn't have done it back then in that kind of format.  I'm not sure now if things have changed much but I remember back all those years ago it was really hard trying to tag Flac like I do because it had certain problems when trying to name things and for some reason the information wasn't being held properly in each track or song.  I'm not sure why and yes I did know what I was doing back then but still though it wasn't right for some reason.  Mp3 was just so great really to tag and you can tag masses of music and make sure it was all correct and it was really easy and simple and just worked really well.

I don't think I would do anything like this again now, you might have a fair point about Cymbals because I've thought this before myself but like that previous poster said in this thread just simply making big collections the size would be absolutely huge so is it worth it really to have to make a massive torrent out of Flac, it would certainly be a lot bigger and that's the problem really trying to fit the music onto a device like something you could carry around with you on the bus or train I remember having some great experiences of taking music out and about with me and listening on headphones I think if you're travelling around you can really experience some great emotion when you are on the road and taking a trip somewhere.  I don't have some big hifi system for a few reasons which is something I can't do much about.
I just wanted to say that recently I've just been back to Demonoid and it seems that they've done a new version of the site.

The problem is that I tried to upload one of these torrents that I've talked about in this thread, actually it was the large one.  The sad news is that it isn't the same as what the old Demonoid used to be and sadly there is a restriction now so it's not even a shadow of it's former self.

The sad news is previously I was able to upload a torrent containing thousands of files and I did just that many years ago.  Now you are restricted to only 2,000 files per torrent and no more.  This means then I could no longer continue using these torrents anymore as you simply can't upload them with all the files they contain.

I guess it's a shame that this has happened to Demonoid but now I find there's no real reason anymore to go there and use the place so I guess it's pointless.  It was once a great site but if the 2,000 file restriction is in place then I guess the whole idea of making a very large torrent is infact dead.  That was the whole idea for me, it was good for the time it lasted but sadly things change and those days are gone... Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,286 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,676 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,034 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,756 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence