MS Office 2019 After Latest Windows Update
Hi Everyone, semi-noob here, but has anyone experienced their MS Office 2019 being flagged as unathentic after the recent "mandatory" Windows update?

Windows kept bugging me to install a required update, so I did a few days ago. Now every time I open Word, I get a message saying its not genuine. It obviously broke something with the activation, but no idea what/why.

Would anyone be willing to help me troubleshoot, or just point me to another package that will work post-update? I dont need 2019, just any version that works.

I cant find the specific torrent I used, but below are some details from a readme file. Thanks!

Edit: I found the torrent - https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=32533760

Activator CMD Windows 10 and Office 2019 - May 2019

What is in this torrent:
- C2R-R2V_9.7z
  Convert Office 2019 / 2016 / 365 from Retail to Volume
- C2R-Retail2Volume-2013++.7z
  Convert Office 2013 from Retail to Volume
- KMS_VL_ALL-32-beta.7z
  Activate Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
  Activate Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2 / 2016 / 2019
  Activate Office Volume 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019

Release in March and May 2019 by abbodi1406 at https://forums.mydigitallife.net/
You need to use Telemetry blocking software.

Use this: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 it's totally free.
Thank you. I guess what I'm not understanding is why I never had this problem before, but now I do. I would prefer to resolve the problem rather than just blocking the message (which is what it appears the software does).
(Apr 26, 2021, 20:21 pm)Jdh19 Wrote: Thank you. I guess what I'm not understanding is why I never had this problem before, but now I do. I would prefer to resolve the problem rather than just blocking the message (which is what it appears the software does).

What is happening is that Microsoft can see that you're pirating Microsoft Office and that you're using a cracked key or tool to cheat the activation so it's just their way of uncracking your activation so what you need to do is use a good Telemetry blocking program in Windows so that you block the Microsoft spy servers so that they can't see what you're doing and what programs you're running.  Have a go with Shutup10 a lot of people highly recommend it and say it's very good software.  If you don't put some kind of block between what you're doing (as a pirate) and Microsoft then you're simply exposing what you're doing to them and their servers will be able to detect if you're doing something that they don't like.  Windows is fine usually if you're a paying customer and there's no problems but as soon as you start to crack and use keys where you're not buying the proper program then you open up problems like this and Windows 10 is designed to work this way, they did it on purpose to try and crack down on Piracy and it's their way of fighting back against it.
I don't use MS apps anymore except the essential free ones. Got Win10 pre-installed on new PC but just a few games need it (so far).
IF you really need MS-Office, it's easier to just pay up. If not, get any free Office look-alike.
Try some of these: https://teamos-hkrg.com/forums/microsoft-office.73/

Make sure you sign up and if you don't want to seed, get the "Direct" entries where you don't use a torrent.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Wild idea, but you can try to activate Office before you install it. Once you use the file you linked in the original post, you can use that file, make the $OEM$ folder, find KMS_VL_ALL_AIO, open it by right click and edit, and do this: set ActOffice=1

Does that help?

EDIT: If not, just go to TeamOS and ask there.

EDIT: There was an explanation about 2019 Office here:

Quote:Solution:
First uninstall office with App and Features (Control Panel) in Windows settings.
Run Full_Scrub.cmd file from Office Scrubber (Mirror) and reboot the system.
Download the O365 version of office .img file. (Don't download office 2019 version, explained below why)
Right-click on the downloaded office .img file to Mount and run the setup file from there to install office.
Now activate with KMS script, done.

Reason for appearing the 'Your license isn't genuine' Banner:

The banner is appearing only if O2019 is installed with an update channel other than 'PerpetualVL2019' and activated with KMS.
Some more info:

Officially Office 2019 can only be on the 'PerpetualVL2019' update channel with KMS activation.
We can't change (properly) PerpetualVL2019 to/from other update channels post-installation of the office.
Official .img/.iso file for Office 2019 comes with a current update channel with a Retail license. When activated by the KMS script, it removes the retail license and installs the Volume license in order to KMS activate it. Since the update channel can't be changed to 'PerpetualVL2019' post-installation of the office, MS checks that VL license on the current update channel, which is not officially possible.
This banner is appearing because of the above-mentioned info, not because MS is identifying KMS as non-genuine KMS.

Advanced options to install Office:

Few things to note:
We just have to make sure that O2019 is not on the update channel other than PerpetualVL2019. All other configurations don't show banners with KMS activation.
We can't change (properly) PerpetualVL2019 to/from other update channels post-installation of the office.
MS officially allows Office 2019 Project and Visio to be on the current update channel with Volume license (KMS activation), so we can use this exception.

In short, we can install any of these configurations without facing banner issues.

Office 2019 Volume with PerpetualVL2019 update channel
Any O365 Version with any update channel
Mondo 2016 with any update channel
Office 2019 Project / Visio with any update channel
then activate with KMS script.
If you are not sure how to install office with ODT with these configurations, You can take help from Office Tool Plus or (YAOCTRU & YAOCTRI)

Info about the reason for appearing the banner is based on observations and user reports, MS may change their detection policy in the future or some things may have missed in our observation. If you have any info conflicting with this info here then please report here in the comment or email me at windowsaddict@protonmail.com
today 17 June 2021 same thing happened to me for first time
when i open Word files they say "your licence isnt genuine, and you may be victim of software counterfeiting" .
i got office 2019 off tpb and use a KMS activator every 180days to renew it, i checked and last time i used KMS was around 120days ago so i re used KMS today and it said it worked but i still get the "your licence isnt genuine, and you may be victim of software counterfeiting etc " message at top of any word file i open ,

ive not restarted PC since i used KMS so i will let you know what happens after a restart .

im on Windows 10 version 20H2 fully up to date with the june Cumulative update since 10 June , some updates a few days ago when the new weather in your area thing shows from task bar must be when windows made changes that help them detect non genuine licences i guess.
If this helps, I'm using an older version of Office which I've run for years now.  Even on the very latest version of Win10 the October 2020 version which is what I'm on now myself, there is no issues.  Okay I'm not using the 2019 version like you say but I'm still blocking the telemetry so they can't see what I'm doing.  I can download updates and do all that but as far as what I'm actually doing on my Win10 machine they have no idea as there's no information being sent to them.

It's just simply this really: try and learn more about how to go about blocking them and do it for future use.  Once you have it all figured out then there's no real need for threads like this anymore.  I'm not really one for spreading misinformation or anything like that I tell you how it is word for word and I tell you how to sort it out, it just requires a bit of work all the answers are all in youtube videos and are publicly accessible.
thanks just saying that until today ive had no need to block telemetry the KMS tool has worked fine for me up till now, i will look into blocking telemetry thx
(Jun 17, 2021, 15:58 pm)WW3hasstarted Wrote: thanks just saying that until today ive had no need to block telemetry the KMS tool has worked fine for me up till now, i will look into blocking telemetry thx

Yeah, it's good really.  I used to have this problem a while ago and it was annoying how they'd deactivate it when you would just start using it.  Not to worry though, you can just block them from looking at what you're doing.  If they have no idea what you've got on your computer then they can't see if you're using a pirated program.  I don't use that many pirated programs but the ones that I do use are really good for what I do.  Like for example I have one program which I got from TPB and it's excellent software and they don't even support the use of it anymore but it's vital if you want to carry out a certain job.  I'm just glad I've got it though, have a few copies on USB sticks and things like that so I don't lose it.  They keep trying to knock out my old Java installation every now and again when you get the latest update so I remove it and put it back again and then it works fine.

Putting a block between you and Microsoft isn't all that hard but you do need a bit of effort make sure you deactivate all the privacy settings and make sure you don't use a dreaded Microsoft account to log into Win10 and you're all good.  I always install Win10 with an offline account.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,002 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,856 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  No More Defender Updates After Updating to latest Cumulative Update (see message) RobertX 4 5,125 Mar 23, 2023, 20:27 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Will the old apps work after a Windows re-install? rezwaki 2 5,068 Dec 19, 2022, 13:34 pm
Last Post: rezwaki
  Office 2019 Spike1947 7 11,500 Mar 07, 2022, 14:05 pm
Last Post: RobertX