Looking for a good operating system? Look no further, Windows has your back!
@RodneyYouPlonker

What are your thoughts on this?

hyp, just read the additional notes you made in the original post and I agree almost 100%.

You make a convincing case even though switching from Windows to GNU/Linux does seem as far-fetched as cutting off your balls; I should know as that's what it seems to me when considering it - that's why we're slaves to the commercial gulag that is Windows/Mac. I wanted to switch to GNU/Linux but was reluctant to take a leap of faith, and that haunts me as I was still forced to keep a Windows computer while using this one to run Linux Mint. My foot is to the door, but i can't make the jump to the GNU/Linux side completely since I was conditioned to rely on certain Windows applications. However, even on the Windows computer, I try my hardest to not use commercial applications like Microsoft Office or Visual Studio. I try to use every FOSS software I can to make the transition.

Yet, your piece does make a lot of sense, and I will do my part and use FOSS. It's time to break the mould.
(Oct 07, 2020, 05:17 am)Fant0men Wrote: @RodneyYouPlonker

What are your thoughts on this?

No comment.
I have something to say: only pirates can take advantage of this, so I guess it's kosher.

The rest of them, however, from the lowly newbie to the purest of the FOSS programmers cannot use this.

So I guess it's also kosher.
i've been try all, windows, linux, bsd.

still fall in love in windows with my own customizations and tweaks.

but i love ubuntu mate too. and if someday i can't get my windows for free, i will switch to ubuntu for sure.
Call me a n00b (first post) but what does FOSS stand for? ?
(Oct 12, 2020, 04:46 am)Market Access Wrote: Call me a n00b (first post) but what does FOSS stand for? ?

Free Open Source Software
(Oct 09, 2020, 17:39 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: No comment.

Doesn't it bother you though? I mean, this is the most recent version of Windows to have its code leaked (besides Windows Server 2003 which got leaked at the same time). Lots of code from the XP days still exists in Windows 10. You don't think they start from a clean slate with each version, do you?

This is like if the recipe for Coca-Cola got leaked.

Even though Windows XP is old the leak is still damaging to Microsoft. If the source code for Windows 10 got leaked they'd really be in trouble.
(Oct 12, 2020, 11:41 am)Fant0men Wrote: Doesn't it bother you though?

Nope.
Fant0men, you do give me the impression that you are trying to bother RodneyYouPlonker just because you guys don't agree.

Remember, FOSS is not founded on necessity, not on spite. We promote this because we are promoting this because of co-operation, not antagonism.

This is why no open source projects will depend on the leak. Hell, even the ReactOS developers don't welcome former Microsoft employees. They are doing this as honestly as they can.

The leak will be a profound blow to Microsoft, but can you honestly say that concentrating on hurting Microsoft instead of providing alternatives to their poorly-written software is a good deal? I understand piracy, because i know that I need some of their software, but I usually depend on FOSS if I can. Windows 7, DirectX games, and ConvertXtoDVD are almost the only things I depend on, along with a few more.

Fant0men, I hope you know what you're doing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commentary: Piracy is good, really RobertX 1 790 Feb 18, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: Fawkesguy
  What has happened to the fun at SB? snilloc 24 42,330 Feb 15, 2024, 16:30 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Peter Sunde / Brokep recent interview "No one does tech for good " ProxyDuck 7 1,780 Jan 29, 2024, 19:34 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Is this a good idea? Ladyanne3 17 2,861 Jan 15, 2024, 21:00 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Movies So Good: "It'll Makes Ya Wanna Slap Your Momma!" TedDekker 3 2,414 Dec 31, 2023, 22:28 pm
Last Post: dickhead