How to stop Donald Trump
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/pol...-baby.html

Trump kicked a crying baby out of his rally.  Best way to defeat Trump, sit back and let him open his mouth.

FTA:

Quote:“Don’t worry about that baby. I love babies,” Mr. Trump said. “I hear that baby crying, I like it. What a baby, what a beautiful baby. Don’t worry, don’t worry.”

But Mr. Trump’s pacifying platitudes did nothing to comfort the howling infant, whose persistent wails seemed to be getting on the candidate’s nerves.

“Actually, I was only kidding, you can get that baby out of here,” Mr. Trump said a few beats later with a slight smirk as laughs and a few gasps escaped from the crowd. “Don’t worry, I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking. That’s O.K. People don’t understand. That’s O.K.”
(Aug 02, 2016, 15:57 pm)politux Wrote: Trump kicked a crying baby out of his rally.  Best way to defeat Trump, sit back and let him open his mouth.

People have been saying that since he entered the race in June 2015 and what difference has it made?  Maybe if the headline screamed:

TRUMP KICKS CRYING BABY!

(Spread the word.)

Yeah Trump's lies, racism, xenophobia, and ignorance were very palatable to the Republican primary voters. He's dealing with the general electorate now. It's not going to fly. Look at how his poll numbers have tanked since he started insulting the Muslim parents who lost their son in Iraq.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016...-forecast/
Fuck. I have a pretty good bullshit meter--when we get posts here of incredible sounding "reports" I can almost always tell just by looking whether they're hoaxes or not--and everything about that screams hoax to me. He's a dickhead but he just got burned badly over the Muslim soldier thing so no way is he going to pick on babies (and by extension mothers). So I'm thinking it's parody.

But an nytimes link...?  So I double check...and it's real?!@!!
(Aug 02, 2016, 17:08 pm)Sid Wrote:  So I double check...and it's real?!@!!

Right, you can't make this shit up....
I watched a documentary on Hillary Clinton. Man she is an evil power/money hungry bitch! Things I forgot. Things I didn't know... makes Trump look like the candidate to vote for. Bernie I woudl a voted for easily, Gore was my wish vote.. Obama I would vote for again but he can't be stifiled by Congress... JFC!!!

There really is no candidate to vote for, but I have to vote...  I'm still deciding. I just transferred from Independent to Democratic, but I'll probably vote Republican....Remember, Hillary and Bill, opened America to all the outsourcing. We need our jobs back!!! fuckers.. I thought the Clinton presidency was a good run, learning now, not so much.... 
I don't know if I can vote for another Clinton.... Turmp is the evil you know, and can probably control , Hillary is the evil you don't know.

But she's so polished, and she has credibility as Sec of st. and Senator.. Trump is not a politician..

Decisions, decisions, HELP!! still a little while to think...  I still don't know who i'm voting for, but I am voting for sure!

Keep this thread going... I need info for my decision!!

(Aug 02, 2016, 16:08 pm)workerbee Wrote:
(Aug 02, 2016, 15:57 pm)politux Wrote: Trump kicked a crying baby out of his rally.  Best way to defeat Trump, sit back and let him open his mouth.

People have been saying that since he entered the race in June 2015 and what difference has it made?  Maybe if the headline screamed:

TRUMP KICKS CRYING BABY!

(Spread the word.)

Some people may think that this is a refreshing display of realism... maybe not, but Trump is slick. I don't trust anyone really....
^ that's the real problem: Scylla or Charybdis?
Saying Clinton and Trump are Scylla or Charybdis is a false equivalency. Reminds me of 2000. People voted for Ralph Nader because they disliked both of the corporate parties. What was the result? Eight years of George W. Bush. A complete disaster who invaded Iraq and killed half a million civilians. I dislike both corporate parties but I disagree that they are equally bad. Al Gore would not have invaded Iraq.

Sometimes less bad is preferable. Look at the Supreme Court for example. Do you want gay marriage, Obamacare, and abortion rights over turned? Or do you want Hillary to appoint some justices who will uphold that progress and work to overturn the disaster that is Citizens United? It's easy to hate the corporate parties but it is facile to say that Trump and Clinton would be equally destructive.
(Aug 02, 2016, 18:49 pm)politux Wrote: Saying Clinton and Trump are Scylla or Charybdis is a false equivalency. . .  It's easy to hate the corporate parties but it is facile to say that Trump and Clinton would be equally destructive.

I couldn't agree more.  I strongly dislike Clinton but Donald Trump represents a degree of personal and political loathsomeness that is off the chart.

Leave aside policy discussions and consider this alone: while Hillary has to deal with a serial philanderer of a husband, Trump all but boasts that he wants to fuck his own daughter.

[Image: s0UVAk0.jpg]
(Aug 02, 2016, 18:49 pm)politux Wrote: ...it is facile to say that Trump and Clinton would be equally destructive.
Fair enough.

Trump is so divisive, so dismissive of anyone and everyone who isn't himself, and so much of a political outsider that he won't actually be able to achieve much at all.

Hillary on the other hand is a career politician who is far more capable of actually causing real harm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jajaja STOP DUMPIMG MY TORRENTS!!! CenaCme 4 11,893 Apr 12, 2022, 22:04 pm
Last Post: CenaCme
  Save the world, STOP "karens" drjamesgofurself 2 12,511 Aug 25, 2021, 05:09 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Donald Trump fucked workerbee 46 56,001 Jan 26, 2021, 10:24 am
Last Post: Guildmaster2000
  Trump agrees to shut down his charity politux 4 15,673 Dec 19, 2018, 19:14 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Feckless cunts of the Trump administration workerbee 12 27,566 Aug 06, 2018, 03:45 am
Last Post: contrail