How do I access TPB using TOR ?
I want to use TOR to access TPB which is my biggest question
1 - get the TOR browser -> https://www.torproject.org/download/
2 - The linux version comes in a tar archive (like zip files). Extract where-ever you like (desktop or home folder or whatever)
3 - Run the file "TOR browser" in the main folder
4 - Copy the onion link to TPB from the bottom of any page at this forum
5 - Paste it into your TOR browsers navigation bar (maybe bookmark it too)

That's all there is to it. Mind you, this wont protect you from being snooped and logged while downloading through your torrent client.
Wow! Cool ! Thanks!
To clarify:
You still need a VPN as the Tor Browser is only still a browser, and only works through the two main hardware ports (out of thousands).
Other services such as Torrents will not see the Tor connection.
Hence the need for the VPN.

TOR *can* be used as a full proxy, and that is different than the browser. In Linux is is set as a daemon.
That said, while it can then be used for torrents - it is *not* recommended, since the bandwidth is limited and speeds will be expected to be slowww.
(Aug 11, 2021, 16:41 pm)waregim Wrote: That said, while it can then be used for torrents - it is *not* recommended, since the bandwidth is limited and speeds will be expected to be slowww.

AND you will be hogging the TOR network with p2p traffic slowing shit down for everybody else...
(Aug 11, 2021, 16:41 pm)waregim Wrote: To clarify:
You still need a VPN as the Tor Browser is only still a browser, and only works through the two main hardware ports (out of thousands).
Other services such as Torrents will not see the Tor connection.
Hence the need for the VPN.

TOR *can* be used as a full proxy, and that is different than the browser. In Linux is is set as a daemon.
That said, while it can then be used for torrents - it is *not* recommended, since the bandwidth is limited and speeds will be expected to be slowww.

(Aug 11, 2021, 17:11 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: AND you will be hogging the TOR network with p2p traffic slowing shit down for everybody else...

Tor is way too cool and I'm so glad that you've told me how to use it.
And nope..nopes... nopity nope.. ... I'll never use it for torrents because I'm respectful to other people.
But I'm curious to learn more about the Dark Web Marketplace. The Internet has said it's a good place for buying seeds for a herb garden.
(Aug 15, 2021, 19:41 pm)LadyAnn2 Wrote: But I'm curious to learn more about the Dark Web Marketplace. The Internet has said it's a good place for buying seeds for a herb garden.

I have never traded for anything on the dark web, but if you go to the official hidden wiki ...
Code:
http://zqktlwiuavvvqqt4ybvgvi7tyo4hjl5xgfuvpdf6otjiycgwqbym2qad.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
...there are links to all the stuff you will need (secure TOR email, marketplaces, fora, TPB is there too Wink ). You will probably need some kind of crypto-wallet (bitcoin (not anonymous!), monero (said to be anonymous?), what-have-you(???)) in order to buy anything there.

Also, don't go randomly enabling javascript on onion sites because they complain yours is disabled. The TOR browser has the noscript plugin ON by default, and allowing JS defeats the purpose of using TOR (anonymity/security).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 483 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Using tor to torrent Fistandantilus 3 4,982 May 18, 2023, 09:17 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Anyone using ArcaOS ? Ladyanne3 2 5,614 Mar 10, 2023, 12:58 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  Is it possible for your personal IP address to be identified when using a VPN? didnt_doit 9 12,830 Aug 22, 2022, 15:12 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Why is my upload speed so low? (using Tixati) Ladyanne3 7 11,473 Apr 30, 2022, 17:46 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker