Using tor to torrent
While attempting to torrent files on TPB, I'm getting warnings to protect myself using a VPN. I'm already using tor, and I don't especially want to get a VPN. Would tor be sufficient for downloading, say, one or two files, or should I just play it safe and get a VPN?
I believe that the "warning" you saw is actually an ad.  I have seen such many, many times.

If you have been torrenting for a long time without incident, you are probably better off sticking with what you are already doing.  But be warned:  if you ask three random SB members about VPNs, you are liable to wind up with at least five different opinions.
(May 18, 2023, 08:35 am)CaptButler Wrote: I believe that the "warning" you saw is actually an ad.  I have seen such many, many times.

If you have been torrenting for a long time without incident, you are probably better off sticking with what you are already doing.  But be warned:  if you ask three random SB members about VPNs, you are liable to wind up with at least five different opinions.

Thanks a ton!
Definitely get a VPN, TOR won't protect you enough.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 674 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Anyone using ArcaOS ? Ladyanne3 2 5,721 Mar 10, 2023, 12:58 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  Is it possible for your personal IP address to be identified when using a VPN? didnt_doit 9 12,977 Aug 22, 2022, 15:12 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Why is my upload speed so low? (using Tixati) Ladyanne3 7 11,630 Apr 30, 2022, 17:46 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Using Server Operating Systems RobertX 2 10,731 Sep 02, 2021, 14:25 pm
Last Post: RobertX