SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Using tor to torrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While attempting to torrent files on TPB, I'm getting warnings to protect myself using a VPN. I'm already using tor, and I don't especially want to get a VPN. Would tor be sufficient for downloading, say, one or two files, or should I just play it safe and get a VPN?
I believe that the "warning" you saw is actually an ad.  I have seen such many, many times.

If you have been torrenting for a long time without incident, you are probably better off sticking with what you are already doing.  But be warned:  if you ask three random SB members about VPNs, you are liable to wind up with at least five different opinions.
(May 18, 2023, 08:35 am)CaptButler Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the "warning" you saw is actually an ad.  I have seen such many, many times.

If you have been torrenting for a long time without incident, you are probably better off sticking with what you are already doing.  But be warned:  if you ask three random SB members about VPNs, you are liable to wind up with at least five different opinions.

Thanks a ton!
Definitely get a VPN, TOR won't protect you enough.