Flip
Opiates? You're out of your mind. You know how many people OD and die from those yearly in the US? More than die in car accidents. Especially now when stuff is laced with fentanyl. Speedballs are even worse than just opiates alone. Probably the most dangerous combination of drugs you can do. Also IV? God lord.
With that info, VR, many of your posts make sense. Wink

Seriously I don't know whether you're serious or not but I'll be passing on that one.
Not to mention the financial side... the repo man isn't nice.
Better spend my money on a world trip than that other "trip" world.
Back on topic...today's results...

Ramos Gin Fizz

Can't say I had ever heard of it but apparently it is be-hated by bartenders. The original recipe apparently calling for 12 minutes of shaking. Anyway, I found a recipe that only requires 1 minute and the results are...pretty damn good actually. Reminds me [a little] of a Pina Colada.

shake 60ml gin, 15ml lemon juice, 15ml lime juice, 30ml simple syrup and 30ml cream and 4 ice cubes for 20 seconds.
strain
add 1 egg white and shake (without ice) for 40 seconds
pour into a tall chilled glass and let stand for 60 seconds (to allow it to rise)
slowly pour in 60ml of soda water into the centre of the glass
stand a straw straight up in the centre of the glass--it should stay standing upright.

It's a bit of kerfuffle, but it's worth trying

Horse's Neck

4 cl Brandy, 12 cl Ginger Ale, Dash of Angostura bitters. Stirred slowly with ice.

I'm not overly fond of brandy or of ginger ale but they marry together unbelievably well. This will be my go to brandy drink from now on.

btw, tried a Cosmopolitan yesterday: 4 cl Citron Vodka, 1.5 cl Cointreau, 3 cl cranberry juice, 1.5 cl lime juice
It was...meh plus. I wasn't hugely impressed but it was certainly drinkable and I could certainly see the potential attraction. I can see myself coming back to that one (and I have a Rude Cosmopolitan still to try so I'm looking forward to that).
(Mar 17, 2018, 22:48 pm)Sid Wrote: Back on topic...today's results...

btw, tried a Cosmopolitan yesterday: 4 cl Citron Vodka, 1.5 cl Cointreau, 3 cl cranberry juice, 1.5 cl lime juice
It was...meh plus. I wasn't hugely impressed  but it was certainly drinkable and I could certainly see the potential attraction. I can see myself coming back to that one (and I have a Rude Cosmopolitan still to try so I'm looking forward to that).

Yeah, while that one taste's good enough to keep it on your mind to come back to, i think I found some more toxic drinks looking up sad news in my country.

Irish Car Bomb. Adios Mother F*&%er! The Bastard Trilogy, aka "Bastard on the Beach."

Those three drinks came up while I tried to look for news, while I have never tried any of them they do look interesting and it crossed my mind you might want to take a look at these and judge them for yourself.
I hate living in a country where most people only drink cachaca and water beer all their lives.

The Ramos thing sounds really complex. I would try a simpler Gin Fizz or that Long Drink rainbow. When I find a bar with more than just cachaca and beer.
It is and it isn't. It's obviously more work than a rum & coke but it still only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and there are no exotic ingredients. Although there are several steps none of them are difficult. Hardest part was separating the egg white but that gives you a chance to call for feminine assistance which not only gives them a chance to feel superior but also invests them in the making of the drink). This one is a bit of a ladies drink and it will impress whoever you make it for. Not sure if I mentioned it specifically above but I've made a gin fizz previously. This really is better...it's like a luxury gin fizz.

Had I heard of the The Bastard Trilogy (4 different drinks to be drunk in succession) when I was 20 I'd almost certainly have given it a go, but I'm past trying to prove myself alcohol-wise.

As for ICB's? I wouldn't touch them for reasons I don't wish to derail this thread by explaining.

Latest efforts: Orange Blossom (3/4 oz gin, 3/4 oz sweet vermouth, 3/4 oz orange juice). Didn't like it.

Madras (1 1/2 oz vodka, 3 oz cranberry juice, 1 oz orange juice). Liked this one. A good drink for a hot day. Not sure if there was some sort of reaction between the two juices but it almost tasted like a carbonated/fizzy drink.
(Mar 18, 2018, 18:04 pm)Sid Wrote: Had I heard of the The Bastard Trilogy (4 different drinks to be drunk in succession) when I was 20 I'd almost certainly have given it a go, but I'm past trying to prove myself alcohol-wise.

As for ICB's? I wouldn't touch them for reasons I don't wish to derail this thread by explaining.

Well you at least got some exposure to know about it, as for ICB's well each is own.

Today I did the wikipedia game and digging online because I was bored and came up with two that I think are worth sharing.

Papa Smurf

Emerald City

Maybe at the end of this experiment of yours you could compile a list of the ones you tried/disliked and rank them? [Up to you]

Happy Tasting! Smile
Never tought Sid a James Bond cyber-pirate, womanizing around coktails. Live and learn.
This thread is definitely more interisting than most. Heec!
(Mar 18, 2018, 19:06 pm)contrail Wrote: Maybe at the end of this experiment of yours you could compile a list of the ones you tried/disliked and rank them? [Up to you]

A major influence for this work was the Periodic Table of Cocktails available in this torrent: https://torrentz2.eu/005777f9af2a7e870a4...6bc2e4b53a

I've since discovered that the cocktails within are chosen more for "having something to write about" than for being an in any way comprehensive list or even particularly worthy in their own right. So I am assembling as I go in a spreadsheet based on that concept, but improved, which I might well share.