Favourite DVD Scratch Repair Kit
Hey everyone.

I am looking for a good product that can clean away DVD scratches from retail DVDs.

Some of my DVDs, when played on Windows Media Player 12 for Windows 7 and VLC for Linux Mint 18.1, skip and freeze. When I play them on a TV DVD Player, they play all right.

I've heard of Aleratec and SkipDoctor, and they are expensive at best. Keep in mind though, that if at a last resort, I will use them.

So, what do you recommend?
There are numerous disc cleaners available you can buy of the shelf. Or just try rubbing a banana and then wipe it off, some hack i came across.
My Star Trek: First Contact DVD does have scratches, and I bought it ten years ago.

Is time of the essence when buying those kits?
The banana will start to decay after a few days, it goes from green to yellow and then brown.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting movies to DVD files using ConvertXtoDVD: Temperature too high? RobertX 7 7,812 Oct 13, 2023, 10:26 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  IHDS118-04 DVD-ROM Drive Not Recognised by BIOS But Can be Used in OS RobertX 0 17,394 Jan 19, 2018, 07:10 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Recommendations for a region-free unlockable DVD Player RobertX 2 15,379 Nov 17, 2015, 00:57 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Are there any DVD players that can play .mp4, .avi, .mkv, etc. formats..... revolvers 7 21,337 Nov 04, 2014, 08:59 am
Last Post: revolvers
  Strange DVD ROM Problem (Dell PC) japalsingh 1 12,685 Feb 12, 2014, 16:06 pm
Last Post: NIK