Editing recorded media
Whats the most common way people are editing their recorded media ? Trimming the head and tails of the media with Quicktime or editing them in a suite like Adobe and exporting them ?
What kind of media are you talking about? Audio? Video?

Personally I wouldn't use quicktime for anything over my dead body. Adobe is a full suite of subscriprtionware covering numerous multimedia fields.

For simple audio trimming / cutting / splicing / converting purposes I use audacity provied my original is lossless - otherwise I dont bother.

For menial task video(and audio) purposes I use FFMPEG
(Jan 11, 2021, 21:36 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: What kind of media are you talking about? Audio? Video?

Personally I wouldn't use quicktime for anything over my dead body. Adobe is a full suite of subscriprtionware covering numerous multimedia fields.

For simple audio trimming / cutting / splicing / converting purposes I use audacity provied my original is lossless - otherwise I dont bother.

For menial task video(and audio) purposes I use FFMPEG

Its video w/ synced audio. I just need to trim the commercials and beginning and end handles of the shows. I recorded with very good quality though didn't want to add any unnecessary compression to the final uploaded video.
You can use ffmpeg to trim video files without compression. Look here: https://superuser.com/questions/138331/u...t-up-video
ill89eagle, is there a "Dummies" book for FFMPEG?

I know I need one. Big Grin
(Jan 15, 2021, 03:27 am)RobertX Wrote: ill89eagle, is there a "Dummies" book for FFMPEG?

I know I need one. Big Grin

This is the output of the command ffmpeg with no flags (provided it's installed on your system)

Code:
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
Thanks. I guess it's as good a guide as any.

I use a lot of GUIs. Is that bad in that i'm comparable to using a calculator before knowing how to use basic arithmetic?
(Jan 14, 2021, 17:09 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: You can use ffmpeg to trim video files without compression. Look here: https://superuser.com/questions/138331/u...t-up-video

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.
-Very old program called Total Video Converter is the Mama for older amateur
systems, just use shorter names for files in questions.
And for wave files, use WavePad sound editor, ..excellent joys.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to play 4k downloads on a TV what media player to use ? WW3hasstarted 24 9,455 Dec 20, 2023, 19:27 pm
Last Post: richto
  NAS, media, torrenting. dueda 15 43,439 Mar 01, 2020, 04:45 am
Last Post: waregim
  Digital Media Players? doge 3 20,765 Sep 16, 2018, 03:58 am
Last Post: jerrysmatrix
  What Media player for 4k 2160p ? WW3hasstarted 12 41,156 Apr 20, 2018, 06:14 am
Last Post: WW3hasstarted