If you had an account on forum.suprbay.org with at least one post, you do not need to re-register. Your account is still active and your Suprbay username and password will work.

Editing recorded media
Whats the most common way people are editing their recorded media ? Trimming the head and tails of the media with Quicktime or editing them in a suite like Adobe and exporting them ?
What kind of media are you talking about? Audio? Video?

Personally I wouldn't use quicktime for anything over my dead body. Adobe is a full suite of subscriprtionware covering numerous multimedia fields.

For simple audio trimming / cutting / splicing / converting purposes I use audacity provied my original is lossless - otherwise I dont bother.

For menial task video(and audio) purposes I use FFMPEG
(Jan 11, 2021, 21:36 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: What kind of media are you talking about? Audio? Video?

Personally I wouldn't use quicktime for anything over my dead body. Adobe is a full suite of subscriprtionware covering numerous multimedia fields.

For simple audio trimming / cutting / splicing / converting purposes I use audacity provied my original is lossless - otherwise I dont bother.

For menial task video(and audio) purposes I use FFMPEG

Its video w/ synced audio. I just need to trim the commercials and beginning and end handles of the shows. I recorded with very good quality though didn't want to add any unnecessary compression to the final uploaded video.
You can use ffmpeg to trim video files without compression. Look here: https://superuser.com/questions/138331/u...t-up-video
ill89eagle, is there a "Dummies" book for FFMPEG?

I know I need one. Big Grin
(Jan 15, 2021, 03:27 am)RobertX Wrote: ill89eagle, is there a "Dummies" book for FFMPEG?

I know I need one. Big Grin

This is the output of the command ffmpeg with no flags (provided it's installed on your system)

Code:
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
Thanks. I guess it's as good a guide as any.

I use a lot of GUIs. Is that bad in that i'm comparable to using a calculator before knowing how to use basic arithmetic?
(Jan 14, 2021, 17:09 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: You can use ffmpeg to trim video files without compression. Look here: https://superuser.com/questions/138331/u...t-up-video

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAS, media, torrenting. dueda 15 15,906 Mar 01, 2020, 04:45 am
Last Post: waregim
  Digital Media Players? doge 3 10,586 Sep 16, 2018, 03:58 am
Last Post: jerrysmatrix
  What Media player for 4k 2160p ? WW3hasstarted 12 22,675 Apr 20, 2018, 06:14 am
Last Post: WW3hasstarted