Daz 3D/Poser Community Chat
I would just like to mention that I am going to buy http://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio at the end of the month (any day now) with the intent of sharing with you all so you can try it and hopefully buy it to support the developer/artist who made it.
Has Akkaal shown back up somewhere?
(Sep 27, 2016, 04:12 am)Trollkungett Wrote: I would just like to mention that I am going to buy http://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio at the end of the month (any day now) with the intent of sharing with you all so you can try it and hopefully buy it to support the developer/artist who made it.

That looks cool. I normal just do it in Photoshop with varying degrees of success. That might shave me some time. Looking forward to it.

(Sep 26, 2016, 03:01 am)ISelf Wrote:
(Sep 25, 2016, 20:31 pm)bootleg Wrote: OMG this thing is so awesome, cant wait to see how the results are in my scenes

Looks pretty cool indeed. And it's on a good 40% off right now.
Gotta buy AniMate 2 as well though.

At one point there was a key for animate 2 on the cgpersia forums. Might still be good if anyone can get to it. I don't have a account there.
(Sep 27, 2016, 11:59 am)Kooroe Wrote:
(Sep 27, 2016, 04:12 am)Trollkungett Wrote: I would just like to mention that I am going to buy http://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio at the end of the month (any day now) with the intent of sharing with you all so you can try it and hopefully buy it to support the developer/artist who made it.

That looks cool. I normal just do it in Photoshop with varying degrees of success. That might shave me some time. Looking forward to it.

Yeah I use photoshop as well usually but if it's something that can speed up my workflow then in the cart it goes hehe!
Don't know about you guys but I think the new requests section is working really well--it seems a lot more requests are being filled than was the case with the ones I split out of the old thread.

Most new threads are being given useful titles.

Re-titling threads with "solved" hasn't taken off. Is anyone finding that a significant pain? [If-so-but-only-if-so then perhaps people replying to requests could not only provide a link to the new content but also remind the requestor to mark the thread solved.]
(Sep 27, 2016, 17:38 pm)Sid Wrote: Don't know about you guys but I think the new requests section is working really well--it seems a lot more requests are being filled than was the case with the ones I split out of the old thread.

Re-titling threads with "solved" hasn't taken off. Is anyone finding that a significant pain? [If-so-but-only-if-so then perhaps people replying to requests could not only provide a link to the new content but also remind the requestor to mark the thread solved.]

The ones I made that where split off. I could not edit the OP for some reason.
(Sep 27, 2016, 17:38 pm)Sid Wrote: Don't know about you guys but I think the new requests section is working really well--it seems a lot more requests are being filled than was the case with the ones I split out of the old thread.

I like the request section, very easy to browse and what not. Re-titling when a request has been filled is not that important to me, it certainly helps (which is why I try to do it) but trying to force it as a rule might cause more headaches than it's worth simply due to people being bad at reading rules in general.
Oh, I'll certainly never make it a rule. I'm just saying that if flagging of solved requests is really important to the small group of people who actually reply to requests (as opposed to being an idle thought which someone thought seemed like it might be a good idea at one point but which nobody actually cares about much either way) then there is a way forward.
I think after a certain amount of time, you are not able to edit posts. I thought at first it just applied to the thread starter, but I noticed the edit button goes away from my posts too.
It's a week.

It's in place for two reasons:

1. Editing is "unnatural". Threads are conversations between multiple members. When you write something and someone replies (or even just reads it) and then you go back and unwrite it and write something else, it corrupts the conversation. I'm not saying it's deliberate (though sometimes it is) but it just makes for a less comfortable reading experience. Balanced against not really adding anything important--if you forget to say something, or say something "wrong" you can always correct it with a reply. That way everyone can see what has happened, and when.

2. Replies bump threads to the top of the board (and cause them to be highlighted. Edits don't. We want people to see when things change so that they will know they have something new to read. Edits often go unnoticed.

[If you're replying specifically to the idea of editing the thread title to add solved, you're right--that's another reason we won't be making it a rule. But most requests, if they're solved, will be solved inside a week. If you really want, if you're a thread creator or if the thread creator has replied to the thread accepting a solution AND the request is more than a week old you could report the thread with a note that it should be flagged solved, and mods can do the necessary.]

EDIT: I've just noticed Kooroe's reply--somehow I missed it when it was posted. Anyway, I hope the above answers it. The original mass splitting (and thereby mass re-highlighting) of those old requests was a one-off. In general, in ongoing terms, most new requests will either be solved within a week or they'll never be solved. And the few exceptions can either go unflagged or they could be flagged via the mechanism I suggested.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,326 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,548 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 273,286 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,724 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  What is the correct way to export from Blender to Poser Pro brehiner 2 23,673 Sep 11, 2018, 08:02 am
Last Post: brehiner