>> Computer turn off
I think there is another possibility: Buggy SSD firmware. Please remember that not all manufacturers do a good job, encountering a bad SSD does happen, and not all versions are good.
My computer turned off the monitor, mouse, and keyboard again after 10 mintues of use at 1 pm Pacific Time. So turning off the Pagefile (Virtual Memory) didn't help much, so something else is the problem. I will do a firmware update for the display port and see if that help. If that doesn't help, then I will order a new 40L Omen computer for $1,299.
If it was me personally, I would have just stripped the machine right back to basics, taken out any cards which may have caused trouble and just removed them from the motherboard.  Also any other devices I would have just removed that wasn't needed.  I would, if I were you, right now be literally running the machine on only 1 system drive, a very basic graphics port whether onboard graphics or if necessary got a really basic card and slotted that in to test it.  Also another good idea I would have done would have been to backup all the data first and then do a Windows 10 reset and take it all back to defaults or maybe even just do a system restore and try and take it back a couple of months to a system restore point where it was possible that it worked.  Seeing as this is what I do normally I'm a trained technician I would have had all this done by now, also looked at all my drives whether SSD or HDD and examined them in CrystalDiskInfo latest version to see what was going on and find out if there's any bad sectors or anything like that.  I would have run the machine in a very basic operation to find out whether the display, keyboard and mouse would still remain working while at the same time the machine was still running...

I would have got to the bottom of it all and had it all figured out (hopefully) by this time.  Exploring all possibilities to rule out what wasn't the problem.  Of course though I'm not you so I couldn't have done this for you as I don't know who you are so it is impossible for me to do anything about it.  Buying a new system, fair enough, if that's the case and there's no hope for this machine due to serious issue then I would have done that but only at the stage where a motherboard is faulty or something along those lines..
I'm going to the Gigabyte motherboard website and download the latest BIOS and drivers. Hope it works.  Smile

Btw, the old 2010 Gigabyte motherboard can only support Windows 7, 8, or Vista.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-...-dl-driver

Update: the BIOS listed there can't be installed on my Windows 7 64-bit. They said it's only for 32-bit.
(Sep 07, 2022, 05:58 am)computerhack Wrote: Btw, the old 2010 Gigabyte motherboard can only support Windows 7, 8, or Vista.

Yes and that's because when you look at the drivers there on that page, it tells you about Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows Vista but they don't really mention Windows 10 because Windows 10 installs all its own drivers and it's all automated so there's no need to do any of that.  With the exception of a display driver provided by either Nvidia or AMD, usually you find those drivers install several different applications to handle a display card so in that situation you might need those otherwise everything else wouldn't require anything Windows 10 does it all automatically...  That's what I'm currently on myself Windows 10, I started using it towards the end of 2015 which is nearly 7 years ago.  I'm already in the process of trying out Windows 11 now and I'm currently working towards moving onto that system completely when I reach 3 years from now.  If Windows 11 is okay then I will be making the necessary requirements to have it running on every machine that I own.

You know I think in all honesty I would say it's time really you just get a new machine to save you a lot of trouble.  This 2010 thing is over 12 years old now.  It's time you ditch it really just back the whole thing up and get all your data safe and then transfer to a new machine.

I used to have a machine a while ago and it was from the backend of 2009.  It was well old and it had had its day really so I just scrapped the thing and took it to the recycling centre to put it in the electrical bin.  You can't expect these things to go on forever to be fair really at the moment it's probably a good idea to get Windows 11 because Windows 10 will be done soon.  Hanging onto old machines like stuff that runs Windows 7 and all that, there's only 1 reason why I see that purpose and that is for simply just nostalgia reasons and nothing else.  You may as well just skip Windows 10 and get 11 because it's what people are talking about at the moment.  The next 3 years will go very fast and soon Windows 10 is gone just like most of the others before it so best to just jump onto the latest and see how you get on.
What I am more curious is if Linux can solve it or not. Why not? Certainly cheaper than a new PC. Nothing to lose from trying.
(Sep 07, 2022, 05:58 am)computerhack Wrote: the latest BIOS and drivers. 

What? Don't seek the latest, seek the most stable and then latest, you know. I am, for example, sitting on a particular UEFI version and drivers because of my hardware and because doing others might cause more trouble than good for my OS, according to the folks' experience.

(Sep 07, 2022, 05:58 am)computerhack Wrote: Update: the BIOS listed there can't be installed on my Windows 7 64-bit. They said it's only for 32-bit.

BIOS is not for the OS, it's for the motherboard.

BIOS an "Overlord OS," so to speak in simple terms. This "OS" does not care what the "Minion OS" you run. But, of course, the "Minion" must have drivers to work with the hardware and all. On the site, the utility is not actual BIOS, BIOS is in the tab above, called "BIOS (7)" and version F7 is the latest. Myself usually drop that file on a MBR FAT32 flash USB and update from the BIOS menu, not using any such utilities. To format a drive is simple from the times of XP.
I think updating the video port firmware and updating those files from Gigabyte website somewhat help. I've been using the computer for 2 hours straight a few times now and there's no problem.  

UPDATE: Right now, I just plug in a USB drive from my work to upload some pdf files from work into my Documents folder, then somehow the monitor, mouse, and keyboard turn off again. I will go to the Gigabyte website to update any USB driver they have available. Hope that works.
If any of you want to fight or argue off topic, do so in the void. Off topic posts removed.
Over the years, have had the identical problem with my desktop PC.

Solution is basically what AncientRome has written. Confess, i haven't read all the posts completely.

Solution suggested to me and it helped many times:
Remove the memory cards from their slots. Clean the electrical contacts _gently_ using a pencil eraser, to wipe away any deposits. Wipe down not across. Clean with a tissue if required. Put them back in their slots and press firmly. This method worked for quite a while. My PC has 2 memory cards. Sometimes running Windows one just one memory card would work, thought it was slow.

One fine day, the PC stopped without a warning. Even the fan stopped. Totally dead.
Technician said, fault with the SMPS unit. It was replaced.
Worked for a week i think, until it stopped with a loud bang one day.
It was declared there was a short circuit in the motherboard.

Repaired motherboard twice, but no guarantees given. Exact motherboard isn't available, thanks to China.
Have to buy a new motherboard and possibly start installing the OS and apps all over again.
Meanwhile i bought a simple laptop :-)

I do hope it helps. i know how irritating it is.
My monitor, mouse, and keyboard turned off again so those firmwares updates only help for awhile. I'm going to get this Omen 30L for $700, and it's on sale so I save like $650.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gam...Id=6487203

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 7 gets error when used to copy files to or from a Linux computer RobertX 18 44,230 Aug 22, 2022, 15:44 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Monitor Goes Off Randomly RobertX 9 23,672 Mar 10, 2021, 16:46 pm
Last Post: waregim
  What is a Practical Remedy to Computer Deadlocks RobertX 11 44,011 Jun 02, 2019, 20:34 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Dell computer experiencing POST problems RobertX 12 35,775 Jul 14, 2016, 03:54 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Funds sought for tiny £6 computer LowOrbit 0 14,761 May 11, 2015, 13:27 pm
Last Post: LowOrbit