Can you travel back in time using the power of your mind?
(Sep 23, 2018, 23:02 pm)Tech Wrote: Dream....
Actually, the closest way is to rid ourselves of this technology.

(Sep 24, 2018, 08:14 am)soulcity Wrote: In university I started off studying computer science but before I could finish my degree I had the misfortune of meeting the department head.
To this day I'm convinced that a psychotic sadistic hateful tyrant would be preferable to 95% of today's technology obsessed maniacs. 

Needless to say I changed my major.   (I'm a really crappy coder anyway)

Getting rid of people is more practical than getting rid of technology. The problem is in us, not the tools; of course the invention of money created a new level of opportunities for psychos and tyrants alike. So did transport, communications, energy, and the worst: Government.

All the professions have a downside; maybe the most asshole-populated area is the military, but arts and sports have some precious gems. So it's a human problem, I see.
(Sep 24, 2018, 09:38 am)dueda Wrote:
(Sep 23, 2018, 23:02 pm)Tech Wrote: Dream....
Actually, the closest way is to rid ourselves of this technology.

(Sep 24, 2018, 08:14 am)soulcity Wrote: In university I started off studying computer science but before I could finish my degree I had the misfortune of meeting the department head.
To this day I'm convinced that a psychotic sadistic hateful tyrant would be preferable to 95% of today's technology obsessed maniacs. 

Needless to say I changed my major.   (I'm a really crappy coder anyway)

Getting rid of people is more practical than getting rid of technology. The problem is in us, not the tools; of course the invention of money created a new level of opportunities for psychos and tyrants alike. So did transport, communications, energy, and the worst: Government.

All the professions have a downside; maybe the most asshole-populated area is the military, but arts and sports have some precious gems. So it's a human problem, I see.

It is a human problem and that's what makes the current situation such a problem. 

1.  The people that are dictating how the world works and how we live our lives understand machines more than they understand the human condition therefore any solutions they devise are singularly focused.  Furthermore they tend to be egocentric obsessed with innovation instead of actually trying to address the underlying problems of society so solutions they create are also half-assed.
  2. Today's tools are far too efficient and place way too much power in the hands of those that control them.   In the past a man with a hammer could only murder one person at a time but today a similar man can drone hundreds within minutes. 
  3. Most people today are no different than the people of 2000+ years ago and are just as ignorant as they were back then.  Unfortunately this time they have smart phones to help them fling shit at each other. 
Totally agree. Instead of sociologists we have sociopaths in control. Problem transcends individual and group scales, and at such progress rate we're clearly doing it wrong, it will take too long to achieve something reasonable, if we even get there.

But people don't care, as you said. The logical solutions would be genocide, or keeping them enslaved to shinny little things. Imo, that's even worse, abominable. On the other side, slow progress without dramatic interference leaves room for many nasty stuff, like children abuse, mass shootings, poverty.
(Sep 24, 2018, 09:38 am)dueda Wrote: Getting rid of people is more practical than getting rid of technology. The problem is in us, not the tools; of course the invention of money created a new level of opportunities for psychos and tyrants alike. So did transport, communications, energy, and the worst: Government.

Would you rather have killer robots rise up ?
(Sep 24, 2018, 16:23 pm)Tech Wrote: Would you rather have killer robots rise up ?

They're already here.
(Sep 24, 2018, 16:23 pm)Tech Wrote: Would you rather have killer robots rise up ?

(Sep 24, 2018, 22:30 pm)soulcity Wrote: They're already here.

Dunno of killer bots, but killer people aplenty. We got lucky so far: HIV, Cold War, the Plague, and so on. It's surprising we didn't vanish yet, does anybody know the chances, I mean, are there studies on our survival probability considering our huge idiocy?

I think machines may have the same unbalance as us, depending on who build them; life is weird and sentient beings aren't necessarily logic.
(Sep 25, 2018, 19:44 pm)dueda Wrote:

(Sep 24, 2018, 22:30 pm)soulcity Wrote: They're already here.

Dunno of killer bots, but killer people aplenty. We got lucky so far: HIV, Cold War, the Plague, and so on. It's surprising we didn't vanish yet, does anybody know the chances, I mean, are there studies on our survival probability considering our huge idiocy?

I think machines may have the same unbalance as us, depending on who build them; life is weird and sentient beings aren't necessarily logic.

A.I weapons are already here :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhQrjCipRc
Dude, really? That video is well made and cool, but just an artistic expression of what can be, not hard facts.
While possible, why work on smartweapons when dumbhumans are economic feasible and multi-purpose?
It's not about going physical, but just control. Tsc, tsc...
I wish i could do that.. but only remember few things even miss to remember special moments few years back when i become father

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 483 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  I'm thinking I might try and see if the Bermuda Triangle can time travel someone Ladyanne3 2 460 Mar 04, 2024, 15:48 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Power of Lead Generation gulshan212 4 630 Feb 27, 2024, 09:52 am
Last Post: heroskeep
  What's your degree? (If you're comfortable in speaking it) RobertX 0 654 Feb 19, 2024, 08:48 am
Last Post: RobertX
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,459 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous