Can't "stay" logged in??
Showing as logged out, when you shouldn't be, is caused by cached pages.
clear browser cache and reload.

On small occasions the server will deliver a cached copy, caching helps with server lag.
I'm pretty sure TPBs servers are set up for that, not 100% positive.
In those cases, just wait a few minutes, it should resolve itself

If Cloudflare has a banner on that page, you are seeing a cached copy from them, happens when TPB is down
Again, all you can do is wait
(Oct 31, 2017, 07:22 am)Keka_Umans Wrote: Showing as logged out, when you shouldn't be, is caused by cached pages.
clear browser cache and reload.

On small occasions the server will deliver a cached copy, caching helps with server lag.
I'm pretty sure TPBs servers are set up for that, not 100% positive.
In those cases, just wait a few minutes, it should resolve itself

If Cloudflare has a banner on that page, you are seeing a cached copy from them, happens when TPB is down
Again, all you can do is wait

I've cleared my cache ad nauseum . This problem has been going on for months, time is not a solution . The is no Cloudflare banner.

(Sep 08, 2017, 01:54 am)flamerFTW Wrote: Its to do with this header being sent:
cache-controlTonguerivate, max-age=10800, pre-check=10800
(tells your browser to store every page in its memory for up to 3 hours, rather than download it from the server)

can be fixed with:
Cache-Control: no-cache,
on the server side.

Only client solution is clear your browser cache after logging in. Even private/incognito won't make a difference since that still does page caching for the session.

Has this been tried on the server side?
(Oct 31, 2017, 22:49 pm)TheHamburger Wrote:
(Sep 08, 2017, 01:54 am)flamerFTW Wrote: Its to do with this header being sent:
cache-controlTonguerivate, max-age=10800, pre-check=10800
(tells your browser to store every page in its memory for up to 3 hours, rather than download it from the server)

can be fixed with:
Cache-Control: no-cache,
on the server side.

Only client solution is clear your browser cache after logging in. Even private/incognito won't make a difference since that still does page caching for the session.

Has this been tried on the server side?
they could change the header in the .php
but ctrl+f5 forces a non cached copy, so there isn't much need to alter it server side
not all browsers properly utilize ctrl+f5 though

caching helps with server lag, so it is a good thing to have
(Aug 13, 2017, 20:27 pm)Sid Wrote:
(Aug 13, 2017, 19:59 pm)B_B15H0P Wrote: yàll have an issue with the logged in status on the site. no bones about it.

ORLY? It's incredible to think that nobody has ever noticed that before.

We'll get right on it.  Rolleyes

I had this same problem, and I think forcing the refresh fixed it.  (on IE it seems working now)  before I could log in but it would just keep sending me to the change password page.  I did change the password and it was accepted,  but when I logged in again it would just take me right back to the change pass screen.  when I clicked on a torrent d/l link before it would say login  - even though I was.  now it would let me write and post a comment,  (at the download page at the bottom left it would say login and no write comment box would appear)  I am just saying this is real and I just had this problem too.  I wonder how may ppl have this bug and cannot figure it out.  it screwed with me for a while.  hope this helps thanks  it is 6:30pm est in Detroit MI on 11/12/2017
(Nov 12, 2017, 19:48 pm)lousmith84 Wrote:
(Aug 13, 2017, 19:59 pm)B_B15H0P Wrote: yàll have an issue with the logged in status on the site. no bones about it.

I had this same problem, and I think forcing the refresh fixed it.  (on IE it seems working now)  before I could log in but it would just keep sending me to the change password page.  I did change the password and it was accepted,  but when I logged in again it would just take me right back to the change pass screen.  when I clicked on a torrent d/l link before it would say login  - even though I was.  now it would let me write and post a comment,  (at the download page at the bottom left it would say login and no write comment box would appear)  I am just saying this is real and I just had this problem too.  I wonder how may ppl have this bug and cannot figure it out.  it screwed with me for a while.  hope this helps thanks  it is 6:30pm est in Detroit MI on 11/12/2017
Logging in brings you right to your preferences page, which has a change password option, that should explain the confusion there.
The logged out issue can almost always be fixed by forcing a reload with ctrl+f5, if your browser uses it right, it loads a cache free copy of the page
The times it doesn't work, bookmark the page and try again later
Caching helps server load so it will always be an occasional problem, here and on other sites
(Nov 13, 2017, 05:47 am)Keka_Umans Wrote:
(Nov 12, 2017, 19:48 pm)lousmith84 Wrote:

Logging in brings you right to your preferences page, which has a change password option, that should explain the confusion there.
The logged out issue can almost always be fixed by forcing a reload with ctrl+f5, if your browser uses it right, it loads a cache free copy of the page
The times it doesn't work, bookmark the page and try again later
Caching helps server load so it will always be an occasional problem, here and on other sites

never had this problem on any other sites.  also, if you get logged in click on the pirate bay icon on the top left, and it will take you to the home page and should say logout  you may have to do the cntrl f5 refresh,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Only logged in can see replies in some request threads Glassbaaten 1 16,050 Dec 09, 2021, 22:48 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Two small gripes... Notifications and staying logged in Ulf.Fwatling 3 22,362 Dec 07, 2020, 22:14 pm
  I Can Post My Message in the Introduction Section, but I can't See It RobertX 10 23,116 Jul 08, 2020, 21:34 pm
  [Resolved] I can't post a comment on some torrents, but I can on others Euphoria 6 18,225 Dec 04, 2017, 05:37 am
Last Post: gmeades
  logged in whatup6755 1 13,025 Feb 17, 2017, 22:11 pm
Last Post: workerbee