Can a file from a hosting site be embeded in a webpage?
I'm not sure if this is the right section or site to ask this on.

I know there are sites like youtube for embedding videos but there's always a copyright problem with them.  I figured that maybe I could just find a place to host the file and then use a direct like to it and have it displayed as an embeded video on a webpage.
You will need a host that provides a direct link to the stream. None of the standard file hosts / cyber lockers will work. Maybe https://streamable.com/ ?

The nice thing about youtube is that it gives you the complete embed code for easy copypasta. Vimeo and dailymotion have this feature as well iirc.
(Oct 07, 2021, 08:59 am)ill88eagle Wrote: You will need a host that provides a direct link to the stream. None of the standard file hosts / cyber lockers will work. Maybe https://streamable.com/ ?

The nice thing about youtube is that it gives you the complete embed code for easy copypasta. Vimeo and dailymotion have this feature as well iirc.

The problem for youtube, vimeo, dailymotion and others like them is that they will take down the video because of copyright.

Plus they put their logo and ads on them.
(Oct 07, 2021, 07:45 am)LadyAnn Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right section or site to ask this on.

I know there are sites like youtube for embedding videos but there's always a copyright problem with them.  I figured that maybe I could just find a place to host the file and then use a direct like to it and have it displayed as an embeded video on a webpage.
Havent tried this, but...

1. Get a cheap hosting site outside US that permits video streaming.  Make sure what *type* and protocols they they allow. 

2. Use a video downloader for the youtoob video. 

3. Edit and convert as needed  with any decent video editor. 

4. Upload to host site. Some sites and webpage software are picky about what directories they will allow direct downloads from. For example, in mine its /images (for pics). As long as the file is renamed and modified in some way the spiders might not be able to flag it as a copyright violation (differing names/hashes). Also: Check the .htaccess file and learn how to use it. You should be able to create a usable download directory with it. 

There might be a simpler way, but its how I would do it....

(Oct 07, 2021, 07:45 am)LadyAnn Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right section or site to ask this on.

Havent tried this, but...

1. Get a cheap hosting site outside US that permits video streaming.  Make sure what *type* and protocols they they allow. 

2. Use a video downloader for the youtoob video. 

3. Edit and convert as needed  with any decent video editor. 

4. Upload to host site. Some sites and webpage software are picky about what directories they will allow direct downloads from. For example, in mine its /images (for pics). As long as the file is renamed and modified in some way the spiders might not be able to flag it as a copyright violation (differing names/hashes). Also: Check the .htaccess file and learn how to use it. You should be able to create a usable download directory with it. 

There might be a simpler way, but its how I would do it....

Can you use the html embed element and just point to the hosted video ?
(Oct 07, 2021, 16:33 pm)waregim Wrote: 1. Get a cheap hosting site outside US that permits video streaming. Make sure what *type* and protocols they they allow.

I'm really trying to find a solution that won't cost me anything. I'm not exactly making a lot of money because of Covid insanity.

(Oct 09, 2021, 01:08 am)hewhodares Wrote:
Can you use the html embed element and just point to the hosted video ?

Yes but I have to link directly to the file. I could have done it with google drive but google adds a "click to download" page for anything over 100mb.

Unfortunately I've got a 500mb video file.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New F*** video file problem and I need a solution Ladyanne3 11 2,529 Jan 10, 2024, 08:04 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Anyone know how to create a .onion site? Ladyanne3 1 1,919 Dec 16, 2023, 08:55 am
Last Post: LZA
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,258 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  antivirus keeps deleting the exe file on a game. Ladyanne3 3 2,594 Nov 01, 2023, 19:25 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  collaborative streaming site Random 11 6,946 Oct 03, 2023, 03:21 am
Last Post: Random