Broken music torrents
Well i finnaly registerd on the forum ,just to ask you guys wth is going on ,i have a bunch of torrents (not all)that give a message after a day or so when finnished saying "acces denied (readfromdisk)" and i am getting pritty paranoid about this and wonder if anyone else had the same problem .. My hd 1tb is over a year old and i think theres no problem there ,the music all plays and when i recheck it says its at 90 or 99 percent and will download the parts again that were missing ,this is really weird so ,annyone ? Huh
btw: im using utorrent and the weird part is its only happening to music filles
You should copy the music somewhere else before listening to it. Most playback software updates the song file metadata when you listen to it and that changes the file's hash so it looks corrupt to your torrent client, which then wants to download those pieces again to fix the file. It'll keep on happening as long as you continue accessing the files from the same place your torrent client saves them to.
(Jan 16, 2017, 20:50 pm)Moe Wrote: You should copy the music somewhere else before listening to it.  Most playback software updates the song file metadata when you listen to it and that changes the file's hash so it looks corrupt to your torrent client, which then wants to download those pieces again to fix the file.  It'll keep on happening as long as you continue accessing the files from the same place your torrent client saves them to.

maybe ive had too many beers but this really makes sense ,thanks moe xD
does it matter anything if i use vlc instead ,maybe putting some options off about the album info fetch stuff ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,284 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,014 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,665 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,034 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,755 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence