80s Music Videos
I am very interested in 80s music videos.

I have found many here  but after downloading they are not what they should be .  I have downloaded several hundred only to find a handful are usable, especially when it comes to PAL content which people try to resize to 480P without first de-interlacing.

For instance if a PAL/NTSC source is captured as interlaced it MUST be left at its native resolution 576 for PAL. NTSC MUST be left at 480 or the files become IMPOSSIBLE to de-interlace!

I have downloaded MULTIPLE "DVD Rips" that are not at the native resolution, not de-iinterlaced, and impossible to properly de-interlace. If you are one of the people ripping PAL content, NEVER make it 480P! You are only making it impossible to ever be de-interlaced, and even if already de-iinterlaced you are reducing the resolution. 

Also there are more proper ways to de-interlace videos than I get on downloaded videos. People often use deinterlacing that is "blur" , meaning a frame becaoomes comprised of both fields (2 fields per frame in NTSC or PAL interlaced). It is possible to convert each PAL or NTSC Field to a frame (there are 2 Fields per frame that are interlaced) . ALthough this does double the frame rate it makes a huge improvement on resolution and minimal impact on file size when going to mp4. Personally I use that conversion opportunity to upscale to 720P , especially with PAL content.

If you use FFMPEG the de-interlacing should be done with "-vf yadif=1"  option. or you are probably throwing away half the resolution in the video.

I ask you all to please take more care in what you do. If you do not know how to properly deinterlace then resize you are better off posting the VOBs, or whatever you capture at its native size/resolution , which should conform to the format captured (Pal or NTSC) .

Wasted too much time on bad torrents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,289 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,020 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,720 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,037 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm
  The world music thread blimey23 16 34,763 Feb 04, 2024, 19:33 pm
Last Post: Resurgence